The Life of David Gale Reviews

½ June 28, 2015
I'm anti death penalty but even I'd throw the switch on the movie.
June 20, 2015
I really liked this film that I thought was very touching. Great cast did a great acting job, mainly the two leads. But ratings wise, it's another case of critics hating what the audiences love.
½ June 10, 2015
The thrill created by this movie is a bit weak. One second after Bitsey shows how Constance dies, there are no possibilities that the end would be different than the one in the end indeed has.
½ May 11, 2015
I think critics judged this movie based on whether or not they were for or against the death penalty, and they were unable to be impartial. Too bad, becuase it was a good movie.
April 18, 2015
85%
Saw this on 18/4/15
The life of David Gale benefits from stellar performances from Kevin Spacey, Kate Winslet and Laura Linney, though Spacey could have been used for a bit more than this. It's a thriller with good cinematography and a unique background score. It's plot twists are good and it is not as offensive as the critics say it is, however, it may not be that realistic in all senses. It could have been done away with a better direction so as to have made it more thrilling.
March 19, 2015
Its tight screenplay and well-acted leads plus an intriguingly paced mystery should make for one triumph of a movie but The Life of David Gale is completely undone by its misguided overbearing message and its equally pretentious, illogical twist ending. And unfortunately those are two VERY key components.
½ January 24, 2015
Professor David Gale (Kevin Spacey) is four days away from being sentenced to death. He asks for reporter for the first interview and so he can tell his final story and prove his innocence. Life of David Gale is full of suspense, mystery and drama and I found this to be a gripping and original story. Not sure how why critics hated this film, but this film is way better than most court and crime dramas.
January 17, 2015
A thriller I truly enjoyed. Superb cast and acting. I was enthralled and do not understand the critics lambasting this movie as I believe 75-80% of all movies made are worse. Just saying'. By the way, notice how the audiences generally liked it --- an 81% rating by all.
January 13, 2015
I'm old and my daughter is young (college age). We both enjoyed it. That is rare.
December 12, 2014
19% critic rating ? that's absurd. This is a great movie would recommend it to anyone
½ November 7, 2014
this movie is so underrated, the setting is great, even though it has a lot of clichés, but hey how many movies have them!
½ October 25, 2014
This was a great thriller with some outstanding performances, it was thrilling and interesting. I would've given it four stars but ill give it 4.5 because the twist at the end was amazing.
½ October 15, 2014
An overly-long, tedious, and rather poorly made effort by the otherwise great Alan Parker. The movie beats you over the head with theories on the death penalty, none of which are particularly interesting or delivered with the slightest conviction. The ending, which seems to the subject of much scrutiny, is cheap and telegraphed.
September 14, 2014
Kevin Spacey always makes for a good time. Not quite in the Momento or a Fight Club class of thinker film, but it was good.
September 6, 2014
Avoid this film! Almost 1h50m of boring crap 'till the profound "mind-blowing" conclusion.
February 25, 2010
(First and only viewing - January 2010)
½ July 22, 2014
it was an "eeeww" movie
July 18, 2014
veramente un film interessante che tratta un argomento molto complesso da un punto di vista nuovo
½ July 11, 2014
LIFE is a SHOCKER--Philosophy, Rape, Murder, and Cloud Dog!!
½ June 4, 2014
Winslet and Spacey save this film from its lack of structure, inconsistent direction and despairingly traumatic ending.