Light It Up - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Light It Up Reviews

January 26, 2010
Usher's "acting" ruined the whole thing for me
½ August 11, 2014
terrible script for a workable premise, it's over-thinking and bad acting that sinks this Titanic full of high-voltage names..
November 1, 2009
Even thought very cliched I thought this movie was surprisingly great. It featured believable performances and it kept me wanting to see what was going to happen throughout. Also I think Robert Ri'chard gives a breakthrough performance here.
½ June 9, 2008
Above average gritty inner city school drama. Usher did an okay job as the ring leader. And Forest is brilliant as always...
Look out for an early shot at Rosario Dawson.
May 2, 2008
i know you see usher in the pic i didnt get to finish watchen dis cuz my cable went out cuz it waz rainin but i do know dey cuss a lot
May 12, 2008
It starts off on the right foot by addressing problems in inner city schools but dosn't exactly stick to it. It ends up being a typical hostage thriller
October 4, 2006
I liked this movie a lot way back when. I recently saw a bit of it again, and I definitely don't think it's as good as I used to think, LOL
May 30, 2007
This movie was not about how bad an actor Usher can be in your opinion(cause in mine he did good) but about standing up for something you believe in. It's about letting your voice be heard. And I think this is one of the best movies ever made.
April 11, 2007
I was introduced to this movie thru a guy. He loves it because the dude in the movie lost his dad, just like my friend did, who introduced the movie to me.
February 20, 2007
i saw it, it was acutally pretty good. Worth checking out if they show it on TV one day or something
January 14, 2007
Usher is soooooooooooo fine i wish he were all mine for real yo! he does not know what he's missing because i love him more than anyone else could lol kiss kiss
½ August 11, 2014
August 4, 2014
This movie is inspiring and it captures the true essence of friendship.
½ September 19, 2013
"Usher" Raymond what a joke.
July 5, 2013
Very suspenseful, however, this movie was awful! It kind of makes the precedent that if you don't get what you want you can break the law (i.e. hold someone hostage as they did in the movie). This would have been much more touching if it had a better story line.
January 27, 2013
I wish I can see the full movie on YouTube and on Facebook Right Now!!!!
January 26, 2013
It seems like a very goodbmovie.
½ March 3, 2012
Philip Martin, Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
"...isn't so much a bad movie as an unfinished movie"

These are the best words to describe such movie