Like Crazy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Like Crazy Reviews

½ March 26, 2016
Good actors though not much chemistry. Nice cinematography and story line but a little slow paced with an underwhelming ending.
March 6, 2016
Took me five years to finally see it. And... It was only OK... I almost feel like it was over my head. Seems like a love story about two people being in love with the idea of being in love. You want to see a better "modern" love story for today's youth? Go watch "Fault in Our Stars."
½ February 15, 2016
A romantic drama film that shows the different manifestations of love, though the movie has a contrived story at some points.
January 30, 2016
Just when I started to care about the characters the film is over! There's a little too much thought provoking piano scenes for my liking but it was an easy watch.
February 5, 2012
I've seen the film at least 10 times in the last couple years, and it only gets better and better. Is it a masterpiece? No. Does it add anything new to the genre? Probably not. Still, it doesn't stop me from being in love with Like Crazy. This is one of my all-time favorite films; no other recent film has captured young love, the act of falling in love, and the hardships of maintaining that relationship truer and more beautiful and intimate as this Drake Doremus' indie gem. Like Richard Linklater's "Before Sunrise", this film presents that telling a story doesn't require a massive amount of money, as long as you have a great story and the characters you care about. This is not for everybody and some people may find its sentimentality bothersome, but I like that it's sentimental. Life is full of moments like that, and I like it very much.
November 9, 2015
Lacked resolution to all it pulled you through.
½ August 2, 2011
The leads are very talented though not that charismatic (and they don't have so much chemistry together), but this is compensated by a mature story told with a lot of conviction and made even more sincere by a dynamic editing that shows well the power of time in a relationship.
December 4, 2015
Even with a good premise for a love story and a great performance from Felicity Jones, Like Crazy spends way too much time on its main characters and completely rushes to its ending without showing any consequences of their actions.
½ August 15, 2015
Reasons you shouldn't always trust Rotten Tomatoes..
August 2, 2015
I stumbled upon this little treasure and what a lovely find. Such a beautiful, natural piece . Two people desperately trying to hold onto the all consuming love and passion discovered in the
beginning of their relationship inspite of huge obstacles placed in front of their union. The end is so quietly tragic. Be very careful what you wish for...you might actually get it.
½ April 2, 2014
Feels very empty. Even though it presents great acting performances, it's flat and long at times. Intelligent, deep, but notheless flat.
½ June 17, 2015
Like Crazy is schmalzy and a little manipulative, but has enough heart and gives it's characters time to express their feelings out to us
May 22, 2015
Thoroughly enjoyed, even if it left me an emotional wreck. Why did it have to end up so abruptly?
½ April 18, 2015
Sweet, funny, poignant, beautiful and gorgeously shot, Like Crazy takes a look into long distance relationships and shows its' ups and downs in the most realistic way while leads Anton Yelchin and Felicity Jones deliver strong performances through honest, emotional, stirring dialogue that tugs at your heartstrings.
March 26, 2015
Challenging Subject Matter MakeThe Romance Grate At Your Inner Soul...I Am Quite Certain This Variation On A Siding-Doors Drama Would Have Left More Than A Few Couples Wondering, What Could Have Been? If Only? ...Bloody Non-Compliant Visa!!
March 8, 2015
This movie is beautiful. When I watch movies, I want to envelop myself in someone's story. That's what this film does. The actors have great chemistry and moving performances that draw you in to feel the heartache and desire that comes from long distance, and the passing of time.
½ February 22, 2015
Slow in places. But the performances of the two leads keeps you intrigued. There are some beautiful shots peppered throughout the movie. This indie is truly driven by its characters and so its a good thing that it's characters are interesting enough to warrant a watch. Not something that is essential to watch but if you have 90 minutes spare this character study is worth your time
January 25, 2015
Jones and Yelchin play with passion and devotion the story of those two irritant and annoying lovers that cannot learn to let go.
½ February 26, 2014
Absolutely adorable and touching film. An excellent indie film bolstered by great acting. Definitely an pleasant, emotional gem of a movie.