Like Stars on Earth - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Like Stars on Earth Reviews

November 8, 2015
There is no doubt that this is a film with excellent intentions and is well worth a watch even at nearly 3 hours long. I just wish that the Indians could make some films without all the singing and dancing and zany comedy characters. They always try to fit too much into their films and, for me, it doesn't settle well. It dilutes the strong message a bit.
½ September 29, 2015
love this movie made me cry
September 18, 2015
One of the best movie.
September 13, 2015
Yes, this is a musical about overcoming dyslexia, but it's also about nurturing creativity and the pressure that the culture of success has put on children
Taare Zameen Par is such a beautiful story about a young Indian boy struggling in Mumbai to fit into society. It's not just about dislexia. It's how parents and teachers should properly treat their children and to not judge them by their covers. Darsheel truly shines as Ishaan. He's just adorable and innocent. The whole story evolves around him so he carries the whole film on his shoulders essentially.
September 6, 2015
'Like Stars On Earth' is literally about how "every child is special" and shows exactly how our education systems could be changed for the better. A very simple story at heart - a troubled, but mostly happy boy, Ishaan (Safary) is sent to boarding school for misbehaving, when all he needed was a little extra help, once it's identified he has dyslexia by his new teacher, Ram (Khan). A few too many musical numbers - but hey, it is a Bollywood film! - and probably a little too long in the set-up. However, it's well worth the 2 & a half hours, with some very touching moments and a great ending.
½ August 12, 2014
The greatest international film of all time. Aamir Khan stars in and directs his first film and fires on all cylinders. The film try's hard to bait you into crying and you'll probably cry anyway.
½ May 25, 2015
Great movie overall that shines a light on the challenges of dyslexia. I'd recommend checking out the wikipedia page where you'll see that this movie actually made a significant positive impact on the awareness of dyslexia and also catalyzed some policy reforms regarding the way the Indian education system addressed dyslexia.
April 12, 2015
"Awesome" is the only word i can write as my heart is full of tears. A must watch movie for all. Excellent work by Aamir and especially little "Darsheel Safary"..a break from crappy hollywood sci-fi larger than life movies!

February 9, 2015
A bit too long for such a story, and a tad unneven considering all the sad, happy, and bizzarre moments it has, but ultimately heart warming and a note to every student, teacher, parent, and any other person who doesnt quite see the true beauty in things and is too deep in the strict society the modern ages has us trapped on.
December 25, 2014
It's one of those films which could change your perspective forever.
½ December 19, 2014
Sentimental and generic but sometimes things are generic for a reason as this is indeed very moving.
½ November 28, 2014
Full of creativity.
An Extraordinary movie.
It leaves you so attached to the main character that you have Tears in your Eyes when the movie comes to an end.
October 14, 2014
As a teacher this movie has significantly changed my perspective on my role. I am more aware of the need to take time to understand each child in my class, and not judge them based on outward appearance and behavior. The movie was well written and produced and both main actors, teacher and pupil, have stolen my heart for always.
September 2, 2014
Great movie! When will people realize that the English spelling system is disabled, full of flaws and misspelled words causing all kinds of issues for kids and teachers, slowing down the rate by which kids can learn, can learn to read, can learn to write and spell. They care about kids? Really? Well, maybe it is time to spell "are" like it should be spelled "ar" like "am". All fo those who are spelling with an extra "e", you ar wrong!
½ February 16, 2010
One of the better Bollywood movies I have seen. It does get a little preachy at times, but it is a sweet movie. Aamir Khan should be proud. (First and only viewing - 8/4/2014)
August 10, 2014
An extraordinary and magical film that should open the eyes of more and more people to a serious developmental disorder and the pain caused to many children who suffer from it - and it shows how sometimes it takes one person to care and make a difference in someone's life.
June 8, 2014
A mi mami le encanto :D
½ May 2, 2014
Touching, Amazing, Extraordinary !
½ April 23, 2014
A film about a dyslexic boy, whose reality includes people who don't see the world in a way he does, until a teacher resolves to make his world better by recognizing and nurturing his creativity.