Like You Know it All (Jal aljido mothamyeonseo) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Like You Know it All (Jal aljido mothamyeonseo) Reviews

May 30, 2013
Like I know this film in some parts and drags in others
½ December 9, 2011
Tedious, tedious movie. A few sparks here and there, but not worth enduring the rest of the movie for.
½ December 12, 2009
Mostly more the same bifurcated stuff from Hong, saturated with booze and bad behavior. The dense rhyming structure is like that of Virgin except told in the form of episodic events in late Hong. The Bunuelian touches from Night and Day is incorporated more seamlessly here for confusion and comedic effect. I had some problems with the first half, some of which were too absurd, and lacks the poignancy of the 2nd half.
May 30, 2013
Like I know this film in some parts and drags in others
½ December 9, 2011
½ January 8, 2011
A rather uninspired movie about nothing in particular that actually makes you feel somewhat sorry for the lead who is dismissed as a bridge-burner.
½ June 28, 2010
En France ce film s'appelle : "Les Femmes de mes Amis" !
vu au cinéma Le Cratère le dimanche 27 juin 2010 à la séance de 16h30 avec l'ami Mathias lors de la Fête du Cinéma !
½ September 20, 2010
Another interesting take on the movie business as a movie maker is asked to be a judge of film contest in this black comedy of a man who can get no respect no matter what he does. The humor gets cloyingly repetitious as he navigates his way through parties, meeting with an old friend who feels he is owed something, meeting a poet he reveres that results in humiliation and his attempt to guest teach a film class. Interspersed are possible dream sequences that are not clearly delineated coming across as clumsy non sequiturs.
½ September 20, 2010
Me suis trompé de Sang-soo. J??ai cru aller voir un film d??Im Sang-soo, alors c??est un film d??Hong Sang-soo dont je ne connais pas l'oeuvre? la loose...'fin bref, auto-portrait d??un cinéaste plus intéressé par les femmes que par les films. Quelques scènes marrantes (la scène des bras de fer) mais le tout est assez creux et chiant.
½ September 20, 2010
Once again, this is a very well written Hong San-Soo movie about creativity and relationship but since The Turning Gate, his works look a bit all alike.
½ September 20, 2010
This is a very Sang-soo Hong movie indeed. We can find the use of zooming in here too, although not so rough like some of his other films. Hong keeps his films dramatic and sometimes enriches with awkward moments. If this were my first Hong's experience, I'm sure I'll like it more.
½ September 20, 2010
Watched this at TIFF'09... Pointless Korean comedy about a quirky director's exploits at a film festival. Hilarity does not ensue. Amateur, not artsy. YAWN.
½ December 12, 2009