Lilo & Stitch - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lilo & Stitch Reviews

September 29, 2014
A riveting Disney original that's both sentimental and slightly grittier than others before it. Lilo & Stitch provides charm, laughter and a unbreakable bond that's a joy for the entire family. 4/5
½ January 18, 2010
This film has everything you could ever want out of a Disney film. With heart, a great story, and very memorable characters "Lilo and Stitch" is one of the better Disney films of this decade. Coming from another planet, Stitch must adapt to this new world that we know as Earth, and a little girl named Lilo is the one that must take care of him. Causing trouble 24/7 and getting on everyone's nerves, Stitch is becoming more of a nuisance than a welcomed family member. When the people from his planet come after him, all hell breaks loose on their island and Stitch must save the day and prove his worth. Filled with incredible lessons, "Lilo and Stitch" is not only a great kids film, but a great film all around.
August 7, 2013
Without a doubt, Lilo & Stitch is the best animated film Disney has produced in over a decade--the only film by Disney made after 1999 that can hold a flame to any of the studio's previous releases. It is a consistent, beautifully drawn, and occasionally moving animated feature that holds the distinction as the most adult film in the entire Disney animated canon. It deals with mature, real-life issues, while also incorporating science-fiction fun. It delights, charms, and thrills, and, though not yet a classic, will be even more appreciated in years to come. What really makes the film a triumph is its originality--the unique mix of Elvis, space creatures, and Hawaii. You wouldn't think all these elements work together, but they work brilliantly.
½ August 5, 2012
Gave my nephews the choice of a 5 Disney cartoons they hadn't seen and they choice this, which worked out great for me. I love "Lilo and Stitch". Stitch is the funniest and more refreshing Disney character in years(well outside of the Pixar movies). The movie follows Stitch who is an alien who was created for the simple reason to destroy and kill everything. He lands on Earth and is mistaken to be a dog, and adopted by two sisters. Aliens then begin to hunt Stitch, while he forms a bond with his new family. Stitch is hilarious and has some great little one lines("cute and cuddly!" When the movie focuses on the sisters, it's very heartwarming, but you miss Stitch. The action is great, and the music is perfect! Elvis songs still kick butt. I remember seeing this at the Paris theater when it came out and I just laughed and laughed. Still laughing, and it's great seeing my nephews getting as much joy out of it as I did. If you or your kid haven't seen this, then you need to go get a copy, because ya'll are missing out!
murphmann93
June 23, 2011
A childhood favourite and a classic!
DreamExtractor
April 5, 2011
This was a great animated movie. The Elvis soundtrack really helps you get the feel were in Hawaii too. The characters are fun and interesting. The plot has been done before, but its the kids version of it. This was a beautiful movie and is a family classic.
TomBowler
½ August 2, 2009
A lot of fun and as heartfelt as Disney can get. Full review later.
michael e.
December 8, 2010
a fantastic addition to the disney animated features list
July 23, 2010
C
cosmo313
½ June 9, 2006
Another wonderful and hilarious movie from Disney. This film started out great, and the middle was really good, but the third act seemed a little uneven, and I found it hard to get into it and stay with it. Honestly, this film is quite good, and don't let my words and grade make you think otherwise. It gets the grade it does because ofthe aformentioned reason, and because the animation could have been a bit better. Some scenes looked great, while others, not so much.

Stitch is an awesome character, and the source of a majority of the humor. I can really identify with him, especially his manic craziness. Bonus points to this movie for the Godzilla parody and the Elvis stuff. Overall, this is an entertaining and mostly satisfying film. B-.
½ July 31, 2007
I like it kuz my name is Nani. lol jk...cute movie.
½ July 11, 2007
one of studio disney's attempts to distance itself from it's racist traditions...they'll get it right one day, and maybe i'll get to see that
maybe
June 25, 2007
Kinda funny, but forgettable
½ May 27, 2007
probably the very worst disney original movie.
May 18, 2007
Great family movie. Very funny.
March 2, 2007
Lilo's older sister has a big butt.
sanjurosamurai
January 5, 2007
the story is awsome and sad, tough to watch but worth it
½ December 27, 2006
Funny.
July 25, 2006
the voices are really funny lol
½ October 28, 2006
loved it, i think stitch is so funny and lilo is very cute, the story is very good and original