RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: Limitless and Take Me Home Tonight

Summary

This week on home video, there isn't a whole lot to choose from again. That is, of course, unless you're interested in a straight-to-video adaptation of the video game Tekken or a Blu-ray reissue of Jean Claude Van Damme's Nowhere to Run. No? We didn't think so. Instead, we bring you the few new releases, including a Bradley Cooper-powered thriller, a throwback to the 1980s, and an acclaimed French comedy, and a few classics, ranging from some of the best cinema India has created to a hood movie that's about more than just the hood. Click through for the full list! Back to Article

Comments

Movie Monster

Bentley Lyles

FIRST! Plus, the 1990 Captain America film unleashed on Blu-Ray and DVD today. I wanna see it though it looks super cheesy. To the Netflix queue! Da-da-da-da!

Jul 19 - 05:47 PM

Gordon Franklin Terry Sr

Gordon Terry

in better news HARRY POTTER HOME VIDEO (seems to be an industry unto itself) has successfully passed the SALEM WITCHCRAFT BLURAY / DVD TEST:

remember, if the DVDs sank into the water and "drowned" they were heavily-burdened with Witchcraft Satanic Deviltry.

However, if the (Harry Potter) DVDs rose and did not "drown" in the water it was WITCHCRAFT, SORCERY, and DEVILTRY keeping them afloat and they would have to be burned at the stake:

(We'll have to BURN HARRY POTTER DVDS at the stake in SALEM MASSACHUSETTS because they have earned Warner Bros. 1 . 6 BILLION DOLLARS in sales.)

too bad England's own HAMMER STUDIOS didn't win the contract (to produce Harry Potter films)

Harry Potter Series Has Generated Over $1.6B in Disc Sales, Report Claims
Published: July 19, 2011 @ 5:04 pm
The Wrap.com
By Brent Lang

Harry Potter is cinematic gold bullion.

The final film in the mega-grossing series, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2," shattered box office records last weekend after debuting to north of $478 million worldwide.

But that's just a taste of the spoils to come if the bespectacled wizard's performance on DVD and Blu-ray is any indication.

Thus far, the first seven films in Warner Bros. boy-wizard franchise have banked some $1.63 billion in domestic disc sales, according to new estimates from the media research firm IHS Screen Digest.

That heady number doesn't even count the additional $150 million that "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1" is still expected to generate on home video in North America. Also, importantly, it doesn't take into account the hundreds of millions of dollars more the series has grossed in foreign home entertainment rentals and sales.

All told, the first six films in the series shipped an estimated 89 million video units in their initial releases to the U.S. video market during the past eight years, IHS reports.

Theatrically, Potter has lapped James Bond as the most lucrative franchise in movie history, having already grossed more than $6.8 billion worldwide through Tuesday.

Here's a look at the numbers IHS came up with:

Jul 19 - 05:51 PM

sunsaz

Chris Moore

NICE!

Jul 19 - 08:48 PM

Swampfox

Pat Marion

ROFL. I just cried a little.

Jul 19 - 09:15 PM

Bradley J.

Bradley J

I've only seen Limitless and I didnt really love it oh well I still have my Rango.

Jul 19 - 05:52 PM

sunsaz

Chris Moore

NICE!

Jul 19 - 08:48 PM

Swampfox

Pat Marion

ROFL. I just cried a little.

Jul 19 - 09:15 PM

ap sirius

karl anderson

If your not into Criterion, looks like a pretty lean week.... and hopefully Bradley Cooper's 15 minutes of fame are over...

Jul 19 - 05:57 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

Yeah, cause too many 70%er's are a career killer for sure. Seriously, what's the beef with Cooper. Thought he was pretty good in The A-Team and The Hangover.

Jul 20 - 05:32 AM

ap sirius

karl anderson

especially when there followed up by 35% Hangover 2..... Not saying he's bad, just another average actor to catch his 15 min , take the money and run...

Jul 20 - 02:08 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

Which made 250+ Million dollars at the Box Office. It just seems strange that you'd pick him out if you didn't have an issue with him. Hollywood is full of guys cashing paychecks for not much talent, most of which have a lot less impressive portfolio's than Cooper. I think you're going to have to endure at least 15 minutes more. I'm still a little high on Cooper because after seeing Ryan Reynolds Green Lantern I can't help but feel it would have been better with someone else and Cooper was the other leading contender before Reynolds landed it.

Jul 21 - 10:34 AM

The.Watcher

The Watcher

lol priceless

Jul 19 - 06:24 PM

The.Watcher

The Watcher

I was surprised by how much I liked Limitless, though that could have been because I went into it with zero expectations. Boyz n the Hood is a great flick, it's probably the only one I'll pick up.

Jul 19 - 06:27 PM

Stepping Razor

Stepping Razor

How many of the "Boyz" features are new ones, do you know?

Jul 20 - 11:00 AM

The.Watcher

The Watcher

No idea, I'm not much for special features, unfortunately.

Jul 20 - 11:52 AM

Lenny M.

Lenny Monroe

Is Limitless a good movie? Never got a chance to see it in the theaters, glad it's out to buy now. But I'm really waiting for Source Code the most next week, never got a chance to see that either. Or Rango. Hell, I think I'll just wait until next week to buy all 3 at once.

Jul 19 - 06:43 PM

Lenny M.

Lenny Monroe

Also The Adjustment Bureau, missed that one as well. Damn seems I missed all the good ones during the Spring.

Jul 19 - 06:46 PM

Brian B.

Brian Barreto

Limitless is an entertaining, without a doubt, with a great cast, flashy visuals and a intriguing premise, but I had problems with the leaps of logic in the narrative and the fact that it doesn't exploit the full potential of its premise as much as it could've. Maybe the Unrated Director's Cut will have more material to entice viewers with. I haven't seen Rango, but I've good things about it, so I'll have to rent it eventually. As for The Adjustment Bureau, its a good film as well. The cast is fantastic(Damon and Blunt have great chemistry)and the story offers a simple, but enganging tale. It's not as good as it could be, but its a good film nonetheless. Rent Limitless and The Adjustment Bureau, if you have your doubts about them.

Jul 19 - 07:07 PM

The.Watcher

The Watcher

Limitless is great until you start thinking about it, then it completely falls apart. It's still an enjoyable movie with an interesting, though erroneous premise.

Jul 19 - 07:46 PM

Swampfox

Pat Marion

I agree. Upon first viewing of this movie I really liked it. Then, once I thought about it, it could have been so much more. That and the MASSIVE logic gaps in the 3rd act killed it for me, lol. But, it's still enjoyable.

Jul 20 - 07:02 AM

Brian B.

Brian Barreto

I really enjoyed Limitless. I didn't expect much and it surprised me a lot, to say the least. Bradley Cooper was great in the lead role and I was glad to see Robert De Niro redeem himself after years of mediocrity. As enjoyable as Limitless is, I don't see myself pickong up the film on Blu-Ray or DVD because like The Adjudstment Bureau or 127 Hours, its good for one view only, not for multiple repeat viewings. They're great movies, no doubt, but they're not films that make me want to being seeing them again & again like The Dark Knight, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Toy Story Trilogy, Heat, etc.

Jul 19 - 06:44 PM

Lenny M.

Lenny Monroe

LMAO!!!!!!

Jul 19 - 06:45 PM

Lenny M.

Lenny Monroe

Jul 19 - 06:46 PM

Opposite Girl

Kortaka West

Wow... terrible week... Take Me Home Tonight is the only thing worth picking up...

Jul 19 - 06:49 PM

Kwah

Juan Juan

I disagree with what she didn't say.

Jul 20 - 12:08 AM

CFM

'schak Attack

What is the opposite of the sum of two negative?

Jul 21 - 05:42 AM

Ken W.

Ken Wolfson

Limitless was incredible, so picking it up

Jul 19 - 06:50 PM

Weekly Binge
Weekly Binge

Watch Arrested Development

SpongeBob's Back!
SpongeBob's Back!

See trailer for his 3D adventure

Photo gallery of great movie spaceships