• Directed By:
    Steven Spielberg
    In Theaters:
    Nov 16, 2012 Wide
    On DVD:
    Mar 26, 2013
  • Dreamworks Pictures

Who thinks DDL will win the Oscar?

DDL was great in the movie and will surely get an Oscar nomination, but I'm curious. Do you think he'll win Best Actor? I think he will, it's between him and Joaquin Phoenix for The Master if you ask me
Andrew 2.
12-7-2012 01:19 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

MIKE H.

MIKE HALL

DDL's performnce of lincoln is quite possibly the closest glimpse we may ever have of what the great emancipator was truly like. while the movie itself was slow at times, it seemed the 2 1/2 hrs passed quickly and left me wanting to see more of DDL.

Feb 22 - 01:04 PM

Becky Parrish

Becky Parrish

Yes, he should win, he is brilliant as always in this role. He can play any character to a tee. It's the movie I have issue with, the emoting of Tommy Lee Jones, just playing himself and yet he's slated for best supporting actor over Robert Di Niro and Christoph Waltz, give me a break!

Feb 17 - 12:19 PM

Gary W.

Gary Wallace

I thought his performance was boring and lacking in charisma but I also know I'm in the minority with my opinion. He will win but Dwight Henry from Beasts of the Southern Wild (not even nominated) gave a better performance.

Feb 10 - 05:05 AM

Terry Chavez

Terry Chavez

All I know is I just came home from watching Lincoln and did not see DDL at all on that screen. WOW. He became him.

Jan 27 - 02:37 PM

Joseph Gemini

Joseph Gemini

DDL in my opinion is the best actor working today. out of all the nominees i can't think of anyone who deserves it more than him.

Jan 27 - 09:08 AM

David Platt

David Platt

Considering all the awards he's won for Lincoln, I would consider it probably one of the biggest upsets in Oscar history if he doesn't win.

Jan 25 - 08:38 AM

Rich Gehring Jr.

Rich Gehring Jr.

Daniel Day Lewis is the best actor in Hollywood. I find myself completely drawn to him in whatever role he is playing. I did not even really like There Will be Blood or My Left Foot but DDL was so excellent you left the theater satisfied. Same scenario this film, I don't know if I even liked it but I was blown away by Lewis. I'm not sure who else is nominated but I could easily see him being favored for the award.

Jan 24 - 04:04 PM

Paul Clemens

Paul Clemens

If there was EVER a true shoo-in, it's Day-Lewis' remarkable portrayal of Lincoln in this particular Oscar year.

Jan 18 - 12:23 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

no way in hell,

Jan 11 - 08:26 PM

tonycj92

Anthony Johns

Daniel Day-Lewis is the sure winner. Plus, Leonardo DiCaprio was very unjustly snubbed for supporting. Arkin and DeNiro don't deserve to be nominated this year this year

Jan 11 - 12:42 PM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

I think either Bradley Cooper or Joaquin Phoenix could upset, but you're right. They might as well just give it to him already.

And I actually loved DeNiro in Silver Linings, but I agree on Arkin. Overrated performance. And I'm also pissed Tommy Lee Jones got in, he played himself. His character was written to create cheap laughs, and he did nothing with the character in my opinion.

Jan 15 - 01:26 PM

Zach Thomas

Zach Idiculla

DDL will probably win best actor. Zero Dark Thirty will win best picture.

Jan 4 - 01:40 PM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

I'd say the same.

Jan 5 - 04:42 PM

Peter Thomson

Peter Thomson

Zero Dark Thirty is American garbage...

Feb 15 - 12:09 PM

Dave M.

Dave Mart

Haven't seen the film yet, but if his performance is as great as it is deemed, and in such a majestic role in a heavily important film, he's got a lot of chances of winning (like 80%).

Dec 28 - 12:15 PM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

I think he will win but don't want him to. I look at his performance as more so of an impersonation or an impression than acting. There was a little acting to it but for the most part, he was just impersonating Lincoln (very impressively, yes), and I think Joaquin Phoenix deserves to win as I've said probably 1,000 times now haha

Jan 2 - 10:49 AM

Gary W.

Gary Wallace

I agree with you about Daniel Day Lewis. I thought he was boring. However, I thought Phoenix was awful and I have no idea why he was nominated. Amy Adams did the best job of acting in The Master and I hope she wins but Sally Field will probably win.

Feb 10 - 05:09 AM

JD Shippel

JD Shippel

He is all but guaranteed the win.

Dec 23 - 01:47 PM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

Honestly, I hope you're right. He was very impressive but he's won twice and I believe that Joaquin Phoenix gave a more impressive performance in The Master.

Jan 2 - 10:45 AM

Peyton Evans

Peyton Evans

DDL was masterful. Joaquin Phoenix was dreadful.

Dec 23 - 01:31 AM

Jeremy F.

Jeremy Foster

I couldn't agree more! I feel that it isn't fair to nominate anyone else for Best Actor,Just give it to Daniel Day Lewis,he's that good in Lincoln. The Master was about the worst movie I've seen all year and I never wanted to punch someone in the throat as hard as I did Joaquin Phoenix in this movie!

Dec 30 - 12:43 PM

Mark Smith

Mark Smith

J.F., J.P. is a fine actor, but i.m.o. D.D.L. is the finest actor in the business. this will be #3(could have been 4, but Brody was unbelievable in the Pianist: Bill the Butcher easily one of my favorite characters any actor. Respectfully Clint Eastwood is the king of Hollywood, but again straight acting D.D.L. is a step above..

Jan 1 - 06:21 AM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

Jeremy, saying that Joaquin Phoenix was awful because you didn't like his character is honestly a really unthoughtful and unfair statement. I think Joaquin Phoenix was brilliant in the role and much deserves it over DDL.

Jan 2 - 10:39 AM

Nancy Bainter

Nancy Bainter

Day-Lewis was worth the watch; Phoenix, not so much for me.

Dec 16 - 11:45 AM

Bram S.

Bram Sterling

I haven't seen The Master, but I have a feeling that Phoenix won't even get nominated.

Dec 16 - 09:23 PM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

I have a feeling that he will definitely get nominated. I think he's given the best performance so far this year.

Dec 17 - 07:48 PM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

He was great, but I still don't think he deserves to win. A nomination would be alright with me though.

Dec 17 - 07:49 PM

Mark Smith

Mark Smith

Respectfully Andrew, what have you seen. Think about what he put into that roll. Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion but doesn't deserve to win. That is over the top, would like to hear who you think does deserve it.

Jan 1 - 06:15 AM

Andrew 2.

Andrew 222

I think Joaquin Phoenix deserves to win, think about how much effort he put into playing an insane, sick, alcoholic. I thought he did an impeccable job with the role and I think he deserves it over DDL.

DDL was great in Lincoln, but he never became a character to me. He was just an impression, but never a character. There's no denying DDL was great, but he was more so impersonating than acting in my opinion. As I said to Dave on this forum, there was a little bit of acting to it but most of DDL's performance was him doing an impersonation of Lincoln.

Again, he was great. And I respect your thoughts, thank you for not raging at me.

Jan 2 - 10:54 AM

Bram S.

Bram Sterling

I think that DDL will definitely win.

Dec 14 - 09:55 AM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile