Critics' Choice Awards 2013 Nominations

Summary

The 18th Annual Critics' Choice Movie Awards will be broadcast on January 10, 2013, but nominees were announced today, led by a record number of nominations for a biopic of a certain American president. Back to Article

Comments

This comment has been removed.

J.F.

Justus Fischer

I agree on Javier Bardem in Skyfall. Almost felt like he acted kind of restrained in that.

Dec 12 - 11:41 AM

Michael Braden

Michael Braden

Everyone keeps shitting on the master but they actually gave it the credit it deserves, I can live without him getting the directing nom but it still would of been nice

Dec 11 - 09:03 PM

Michael Braden

Michael Braden

Django Unchained hasn't even been released yet, don't complain that he didn't get nominated because you haven't seen the fucking movie yet

Dec 11 - 09:03 PM

Gary Devenport

Gary Devenport

Such language =)

Dec 11 - 09:47 PM

Gage Kent

Gage Kent

language? foul. but is he right? yes.

Dec 12 - 12:28 AM

Michael Braden

Michael Braden

All that fucking list lincoln, skyfall, the hobbit (which you haven't seen), and a bit of looper. That's 4 movies out of the hundreds of great ones that came out this year.

Dec 11 - 09:05 PM

Michael Braden

Michael Braden

I don't know The Master had a pretty damn good script and also Django's script is gonna be pretty intense knowing tarantino

Dec 11 - 09:14 PM

Gary Devenport

Gary Devenport

Such language =)

Dec 11 - 09:47 PM

Gage Kent

Gage Kent

language? foul. but is he right? yes.

Dec 12 - 12:28 AM

Gary Devenport

Gary Devenport

The only reason The King's Speech worked was because of the rich characters in David Seidler's screenplay and all the near perfect performances. Hooper's direction felt like something out of a made for HBO movie, like when he did the John Adams miniseries. I don't understand why he won over Fincher and Nolan either.

Dec 11 - 10:06 PM

Christopher Kulik

Thank you Gary! Hell, I would have given it to Ben Affleck for THE TOWN over Hooper. I prefer Tobe to Tom even.

Dec 11 - 11:36 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

"Le Mis" could use a few more chainsaws ;)

Dec 12 - 12:55 PM

Christopher Kulik

A few months ago I watched the Gruesome Edition of TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 2: I can definitely see why it's been experiencing a cult resurrection in recent years. Now I'd love to try their award-winning chili! ("The secret...is in the meat!")

Dec 12 - 05:05 PM

Branden Mata

Branden Mata

Predictions..

Best Picture: Zero Dark Thirty
Best Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis for Lincoln
Best Actress: Jenifer Lawrence for Silver Linings Playbook
Best Supporting Actor: Tommy Lee Jones for Lincoln
Best Supporting Actress: Anne Hathaway for Les Miserables
Best Director: Ben Affleck for Argo(It will prob be Bigelow but I'm taking a risk)
Best Young Actor/Actress: Quvenzhane Wallis
Best Acting Ensemble: Lincoln
Best Original Screenplay: Mark Boal for Zero Dark Thirty(maybe Rian Johnson for Looper)
Best Adapted Screenplay: Tony Kushner
Best Cinematography: Life of Pi(Possibly Les Miserables)
Best Art Direction: Les Miserables(Maybe Life of Pi)
Best Editing: Les Miserables(Maybe Zero Dark Thirty)
Best Costume Design: Les Miserables(Maybe Anna Karenina or Lincoln)
Best Makeup: Lincoln(Maybe The Hobbit or Les Miserables)
Best Visual Effects: Life of Pi
Best Animated Feature: Wreck-It Ralph or Frankenweenie
Best Action Movie: The Avengers
Best Actor in a Action Movie: Jake Gyllenhaal(Maybe Robert Downey Jr.)
Best Actress in an Action Movie: Jenifer Lawrence(Maybe Judi Dench)
Best Comedy: Silver Linings Playbook(Maybe Bernie)
Best Actor in a Comedy: Bradley Cooper
Best Actress in a Comedy: Jenifer Lawrence(Maybe Rebel Wilson)
Best Sci-Fi/Horror Movie: The Cabin in the Woods(Looper could but some people are calling this the best Horror/Comedy mix in years, I thought it was pretty good)
Best Foreign Language Film: Amour
Best Documentary Feature: I honestly have no idea...
Best Song: Les Miserables
Best Score: Lincoln(its John Williams...) Though it could go to Argo to.

I apologize for any spelling/grammar mistakes. I am not going back through all of that and fixing things, sorry.

Dec 11 - 10:41 PM

Gary Devenport

Gary Devenport

I know! Moonrise looks like an old polaroid photo. It really matches the 60's era.

Dec 11 - 10:50 PM

jlcoker2

Joshua Coker

Not much love for The Hobbit, Django Unchained, or Beasts of the Southern Wild. Though, based on reviews for Peter Jackson's latest return to Middle-Earth, perhaps not surprising for Bilbo & Co.

Dec 11 - 11:01 PM

Christopher Kulik

I adored BEASTS OF THE SOUTHERN WILD; looks like Wallis (damn, she broke my heart) is going to get the lion's share of the honors, although Dwight Henry recently won an award. Dammit, it should be seen by more out there, a true original in every sense.

Dec 12 - 12:52 PM

Dec 11 - 11:36 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

"Le Mis" could use a few more chainsaws ;)

Dec 12 - 12:55 PM

Dec 12 - 05:05 PM

Gage Kent

Gage Kent

I was thinking the same thing. This is a very strong field.

Dec 12 - 12:27 AM

Gage Kent

Gage Kent

language? foul. but is he right? yes.

Dec 12 - 12:28 AM

Gage Kent

Gage Kent

Man. There is going to be some competition this year! I am no expert, but I am guessing the obvious pics for best picture will be Argo, Lincoln, and Zero Dark Thirty. (Interesting time for Zero Dark Thirty and Argo to come out, don't you think?) I am sure I will only like Django Unchained in the worst case scenario and LOVE it in the best case scenario. Don't expect much love for Django from the Academy. Quentin makes bold, brutal films that aren't exactly Oscar friendly. But you never know. I was surprised (pleasantly) that No Country for Old Men recieved the Best Picture win in 2007 - a very violent and brutal film that wasn't historical at all.

Dec 12 - 12:32 AM

montezbush1

Montez Bush

Here's hoping this leads Bigelow and Boal to a second team win.

Dec 12 - 01:09 AM

Leonardo Teles

Leonardo Teles

where is The Dark Knight Rises in the tecnical part --' , and for best movie and for best director , the dark knigth is best then life od pi , les miserables and beast .. --'

Dec 12 - 05:17 AM

Ken Chia

Ken Chia

Too early to guess the winner but this list pretty sure capture what the academy is looking for.

Dec 12 - 05:48 AM

Carlos Tovar

Carlos Tovar

Best supporting actress: Sally Field in Lincoln it would be atrocious to see anybody else winning that category. It is already a travesty she was nominated for supporting actress instead of best actress! Her performance in that movie was beyond moving and certainly timeless!

Dec 12 - 06:07 AM

Christopher Kulik

So you are saying the Academy is probably going to pull another Meryl Streep and give a third Oscar to Sally? Haven't seen the movie yet I admit, but Sally has already won Best Actress twice (1979's NORMA RAE and 1984's PLACES IN THE HEART)? I love Field, I'm just saying.

Dec 12 - 12:48 PM

Carlos Tovar

Carlos Tovar

What about The Avengers for best score? That score was awesome part of the movie's strength is held in the music.

Dec 12 - 06:08 AM

<em>The Simpsons</em>
The Simpsons

Catch up on 25 seasons of hilarity

Robert Rodriguez's 10 Best Movies

Worst Summer Movies
Worst Summer Movies

We list the 60 worst since 1975

Scorecard 2014
Scorecard 2014

See where the summer movies rank