Golden Globes 2013 Winners

Summary

Back to Article

Comments

Matthew R.

Matthew Reimer

Here's hoping Lincoln can win more awards and Wreck-It Ralph wins Best Animated Feature.

Jan 13 - 06:35 PM

Curse you Pixar!

Jan 13 - 06:49 PM

Gage Kent

Brave did NOT deserve the win. What a terrible decision.

Jan 13 - 06:51 PM

Arekusandora

Alexandra Borrero

I'm still trying to process that Brave won over Wreck-It Ralph. How the hell did that happen?! The people that made Wreck-It really deserved this...

Jan 14 - 02:31 PM

The Panda

I turned off the golden globes after they announced that Brave won. And to add to that they nominated hotel transylvania and rise of the guardians over ParaNorman....Hopefully Brave loses at the academy next month..

Jan 14 - 04:06 PM

NasheemTDK

Nasheem khabir

Brave was a reallly good movie.

Jan 14 - 08:55 PM

Matt Kotchian

Brave was actually pretty good, but Wreck It Ralph was far superior over all of them.

Jan 15 - 10:47 AM

Facebook User

Brave.. I really loved. I also do not understand why Wreck it Ralph won best animated feature..at least it wasn't Hotel Transylvania.

Jan 17 - 08:20 PM

Matthew Reimer

Completely agree with you Kent, Frankenweenie and Wreck-It Ralph have scored and much better reviews than Brave did. Well here's hoping Wreck-It Ralph will conquer the Oscars next month. Fortunately, Brave has a much harder competition for the Academy Award.

Jan 13 - 06:54 PM

Joshua

Joshua "LF" Mitchell

Why are you basing your opinion on the reviews of others? It's fine to like one movie more than the other, but back it up with your own opinions and thoughts!

Jan 13 - 07:05 PM

Matthew Reimer

Everyone else here seems to agree. I not saying Ralph needs to win (I'm fine with any of the other movies as I liked them all) but I feel like Brave is a much weaker movie when comparing it to fellow animated movie Wreck-It Ralph. I really feel like they gave Brave that award because its from "Pixar".

Jan 13 - 07:07 PM

Andrew StClair

Unfortunately, I think the Oscars will result in the same thing. Only then, there will be three movies more deserving of the Oscar, rather than two in the Golden Globes.

Jan 13 - 07:33 PM

Matthew Reimer

All of the films competing for a Oscar (other then Brave) are over 80% fresh. Brave is only at 78%. Pirates, ParaNorman, Ralph, Frankenweenie are all at 85% and higher.

Jan 13 - 07:41 PM

Gerry Peterson

Gerry Peterson

It could've been worse. Hotel Transylvania could've won. Seriously, why did they nominate that film? It was awful.

Jan 14 - 12:40 AM

The Panda

I have no idea why transylvania was nominated but at the Oscars next month all the films are better candidates for the best animated picture than Brave. Wreck-It Ralph deserves it but I won't mind if it doesn't win the Oscar as long as Brave doesn't win.

It is ONLY winning because it is a Pixar movie, if it hadn't been Pixar it might not have even be nominated.

Jan 14 - 04:08 PM

Chris Brakey

Chris Brakey

I really think that out of the Globes nominations, Brave was a good choice. If anything, people criticised it more because it was Pixar, and they had higher standards. I did see all the others, and Wreck it Ralph was good too, I guess they were kind of a tie for me. I still think Paranorman should've at least been nominated though, because that was my favorite animated movie this year, but I don't think Brave deserves this much hatred.

Jan 15 - 04:12 PM

Facebook User

Now just why the F U C K was Hotel Transylvania nominated again?

Jan 17 - 08:21 PM

Adin R.

Adin R

I'm still pissed that Paranorman wasn't nominated -_-

Jan 13 - 06:55 PM

Matthew Reimer

I know right?! Wreck-It Ralph, ParaNorman, and Frankenweenie have much better reviews than Brave did. Well at least all of those are nominated for a Oscar, a clearly much better award show.

Jan 13 - 06:57 PM

Gage Kent

Same. Paranorman was easily the best animated film of the year.

Jan 13 - 06:59 PM

Jessica Barron

Jessica Barron

I was just ranting about that! ParaNorman was so the best animeted feature of the year. Smart humor, deep plot, great voice acting, beautiful visuals. All Pixar did was take the plot of Brother Bear, put a main female lead and add a mother-daughter relationship. There was nothing great about it at all except the graphics.

Jan 13 - 07:56 PM

Bram S.

Bram Sterling

ParaNorman was great. It should definitely have been nominated.

Jan 14 - 12:12 AM

Slade U.

Slade Uppercut

I highly believe ParaNorman wasn't as good as people say, I hope it doesn't win the Oscar...

Jan 14 - 04:15 AM

zinc alloy

zinc alloy

loved ParaNorman

Jan 14 - 04:07 PM

The Panda

What's even worse is Transylvania was nominated...Seriously I would have considered the Lorax as a better nomination than that.

Jan 14 - 04:10 PM

Matthew Reimer

@Travis, its not that big of a deal. We knew it wouldn't win anyways.

Jan 14 - 06:06 PM

Bertram Krogh

Bertram Krogh

I didn?t think much of ParaNorman, thought it was pretty standard. Hotel Transylvania was even worse, and Frankenweenie a little better, but they are all beneath the fresh bubble line for me.

Jan 15 - 01:30 AM

Gage Kent

Why are these nominations BETTER than the Academy ones? Seriously.

Jan 13 - 06:44 PM

Missy Ellsworth

Missy Ellsworth

I totally agree!

Jan 13 - 06:47 PM

Gage Kent

Case in point, look the Best Director nominations. THAT is the kind of line-up the Academy should have chosen. Instead, they thought it was appropriate to neglect Affleck and Tarantino.

Jan 13 - 06:49 PM

Joshua Pannelli

Joshua Pannelli

agreed, Im starting to put more weight in the Globes than the Oscars. I think that Leo not winning in still a shame, he deserved it.

Jan 13 - 06:52 PM

Gage Kent

I think Leo, Waltz, and Hoffman were the most deserving. Alan Arkin? Please. He was good, but not award worthy.

Jan 13 - 07:02 PM

Waltz deserved it

Jan 15 - 10:48 AM

Ric Almazar

Ric Almazar

It may seem like it because Golden Globe has a wider range of movie genre. Although I do agree with you. I'm left disappointed almost every year with Oscars.

Jan 13 - 08:29 PM

Gage Kent

I think it is nice how Best Picture (Drama) and Best Picture (Musical or Comedy) are two separate categories. We all know that Drama > Musical/Comedy the majority of the time, so Drama movies get an unfair advantage when you just have one Best Picture award. Just my opinion.

Jan 13 - 08:31 PM

Bertram Krogh

Bertram Krogh

I?d still say Django Unchained is more a comedy than a drama film.

Jan 15 - 01:32 AM

Missy Ellsworth

Missy Ellsworth

Damn! Really wanted Lange to win! She's a joy to watch on American Horror Story!

Jan 13 - 06:47 PM

Troy Krusenstjerna

Troy Krusenstjerna

Lange deserved to win.. I agree!!

Jan 22 - 01:51 PM

Missy Ellsworth

Missy Ellsworth

I totally agree!

Jan 13 - 06:47 PM

Curse you Pixar!

Jan 13 - 06:49 PM

Gage Kent

Brave did NOT deserve the win. What a terrible decision.

Jan 13 - 06:51 PM

Arekusandora

Alexandra Borrero

Jan 14 - 02:31 PM

Jan 14 - 04:06 PM

NasheemTDK

Nasheem khabir

Brave was a reallly good movie.

Jan 14 - 08:55 PM

Jan 14 - 12:40 AM

Jan 14 - 04:08 PM

Chris Brakey

Chris Brakey

Jan 15 - 04:12 PM

Facebook User

Now just why the F U C K was Hotel Transylvania nominated again?

Jan 17 - 08:21 PM

Adin R.

Adin R

I'm still pissed that Paranorman wasn't nominated -_-

Jan 13 - 06:55 PM

Jan 13 - 06:57 PM

Gage Kent

Same. Paranorman was easily the best animated film of the year.

Jan 13 - 06:59 PM

Jessica Barron

Jessica Barron

Jan 13 - 07:56 PM

Bram S.

Bram Sterling

ParaNorman was great. It should definitely have been nominated.

Jan 14 - 12:12 AM

Slade U.

Slade Uppercut

Jan 14 - 04:15 AM

zinc alloy

zinc alloy

loved ParaNorman

Jan 14 - 04:07 PM

Jan 14 - 04:10 PM

Matthew Reimer

@Travis, its not that big of a deal. We knew it wouldn't win anyways.

Jan 14 - 06:06 PM

Bertram Krogh

Bertram Krogh

Jan 15 - 01:30 AM

Jan 13 - 06:49 PM

Gage Kent

Brave did NOT deserve the win. What a terrible decision.

Jan 13 - 06:51 PM

Arekusandora

Alexandra Borrero

Jan 14 - 02:31 PM

Jan 14 - 04:06 PM

NasheemTDK

Nasheem khabir

Brave was a reallly good movie.

Jan 14 - 08:55 PM

Jan 15 - 10:47 AM

Jan 17 - 08:20 PM

Gage Kent

Anything but Life of Pi could win Best Picture-Drama and I would be happy.

Jan 13 - 06:52 PM

Yay! Go Argo!

Jan 13 - 08:10 PM

Joshua Pannelli

Joshua Pannelli

Jan 13 - 06:52 PM

Jan 13 - 07:02 PM

Waltz deserved it

Jan 15 - 10:48 AM

Andrew StClair

Brave? Seriously? I love Pixar but.... Brave? At least two movies on the nominations are better than Brave. Disappointed Golden Globes.

Jan 13 - 06:53 PM

Gage Kent

Brave was terrible. If any other studio had made it, I would have "liked" it, but I have come to expect more from Pixar.

Jan 13 - 07:02 PM

Joshua

Joshua "LF" Mitchell

Your opinion changed based on the company- Opinion: Invalid.

Jan 13 - 07:06 PM

Matthew Reimer

We're not trying to offend you if you liked Brave, all we're just saying is that there we're better movies nominated that should of won.

Jan 13 - 07:11 PM

Joshua

Joshua "LF" Mitchell

Not offended. :P Just irritated by some of the reasoning.

Jan 13 - 07:19 PM

Andrew StClair

Well, the reason why people are upset is simple. It didn't deserve it. It is not particularly a great film, and it is certainly not better than either Frankenweenie or Wreck-it-Ralph, and that's just in reviews. That's just in the film itself. A lot of times, Brave just seemed like a mess. Like the developers didn't have a clear idea on what tone they wanted it to be, and where they wanted the idea to go.

Jan 13 - 07:58 PM

Gage Kent

You are twisting my words. My point is, Pixar is capable of making better films than Brave. That is why I was dissapointed. And I said "liked," implying that I would have just been okay with it. Learn to comprehend what you read.

Jan 13 - 08:03 PM

The Panda

I liked Brave, but it wasn't good for Pixar, and actually the only reason I believe it is nominated and got decent reviews was because it was Pixar. Wreck-It Ralph, ParaNorman, Frankenweenie, and Pirates all were good movies on their own and didn't rely on a companies previous works to get them nominated or be good.

Jan 14 - 04:12 PM

Matthew Reimer

The whole reason why they gave Brave the award was because its from "Pixar".

Jan 13 - 07:10 PM

Joshua

Joshua "LF" Mitchell

Eh, maybe. I would take Kent's comment as an example of why this probably isn't true. He would've liked it if it was by anyone else. Yet, it was by Pixar, so he was disappointed. A lot of people are likely thinking the same.

Jan 13 - 07:25 PM

Bradley J.

Bradley J

I just don't understand why we can't accept a perfectly fine film from a studio that releases better. Pixar is human like all of us and we expect too much for them to deliver each time.

Jan 13 - 07:30 PM

Matthew Reimer

That's my also my point. The reason why it got the award was all because of Pixar and if it was by another animation company, it probably would've not gotten the award. I been disappointed at Pixar since Cars 2 and Brave didn't make things much better.

Jan 13 - 07:31 PM

Andrew StClair

At Joshue and Bradley. You're right. I think Brave is indeed a fine film. But that's the reason why it easily doesn't deserve to win. It's just a fine film. Nothing special. Both Frankenweenie and Wreck-it-Ralph were special. They're not typical animated movies, they have great characters, great stories and by the end of the film, you feel uplifted. By the end of Brave, I just felt like that it was a nice movie that had some funny parts, but that was it. All I wanted was either Frankenweenie or Wreck-it-Ralph to win, because they were easily better. Now the Oscars are adding ParaNorman to it, which is also better, but I'm afraid the result will be the same. Brave will win over three films that are much better than it.

Jan 13 - 07:43 PM

Sad but true.

Jan 13 - 08:08 PM

Bram S.

Bram Sterling

At the Oscars, I actually think that maybe Frankenweenie will win.

Jan 14 - 12:14 AM

The Panda

And yes I agree Brave is a good film, but it wasn't great, it didn't do anything special.

Wreck-It Ralph, ParaNorman, and Frankenweenie all did something special and exceeded what would be considered a fine film.

Honestly at the Oscars as long as Brave doesn't win I will be happy, I am cheering on Ralph as it was my favorite of the bunch, but I am perfectly fine with say Frankenweenie or ParaNorman winning.

Jan 14 - 04:14 PM

Gage Kent

Wreck it Ralph, Paranorman (NOT EVEN NOMINATED?!?!) both better decisions.

Jan 13 - 07:03 PM

Bradley J.

Bradley J

Though I wouldn't consider Brave their best film, I don't understand how you don't like a well-made but lacking film just because it came from Pixar and yet you would like it if another studio made it.

Jan 13 - 07:08 PM

Matthew Reimer

Beacuse studios like Skellington Productions, Laika, and Walt Disney Animation are all from studios that made better movies that are better than a movie that came from a top-notch animation studio that has very high standards.

Jan 13 - 07:46 PM

Gage Kent

You are the second person who didn't read my comment correctly. Here was my point. If anybody other than Pixar had made the film, I would have said, "Hey, that movie was... okay." But Pixar made the movie, and they have a history of making movies that are WAY better than Brave. So, naturally, I was expecting more from Brave. If Pixar hadn't made Brave, I would have gone in with lower expectations and would have therefore been less dissapointed.

Jan 13 - 08:12 PM

Gage Kent

I actually wanted to like the movie BECAUSE Pixar made it, and I love most of their movies. But I don't love or hate a movie based solely on who made it, but based on who is making a film, my expectations will vary.

Jan 13 - 08:14 PM

Bradley J.

Bradley J

Ok now I think I understand what you're trying to say. I'm not claiming that I think Brave should've won because actually Frankenweenie was my favorite animated film of the year, I just think that Brave was a fine film but not their best.

Jan 14 - 04:39 AM

Gage Kent

I was exaggerating when I said Brave was terrible. But compared to the other nominees for best animated picture, it is one of the weakest for sure. So, it was terrible in comparison to the other animated pictures that came out this year.

Jan 14 - 12:21 PM

Matthew Reimer

Are you talking to me or Bradley?

Jan 13 - 08:28 PM

Bradley.

Jan 13 - 08:32 PM

The Panda

I would dare say Frankeneenie and even Pirates and Guardians were better decisions.

Jan 14 - 04:15 PM

Matthew Reimer

The Pirates wasn't even nominated for a Golden Globe.

Jan 14 - 06:07 PM

Jan 14 - 12:40 AM

Jan 14 - 04:08 PM

Chris Brakey

Chris Brakey

Jan 15 - 04:12 PM

Facebook User

Now just why the F U C K was Hotel Transylvania nominated again?

Jan 17 - 08:21 PM

Adin R.

Adin R

I'm still pissed that Paranorman wasn't nominated -_-

Jan 13 - 06:55 PM

Jan 13 - 06:57 PM

Gage Kent

Same. Paranorman was easily the best animated film of the year.

Jan 13 - 06:59 PM

Jessica Barron

Jessica Barron

Jan 13 - 07:56 PM

Bram S.

Bram Sterling

ParaNorman was great. It should definitely have been nominated.

Jan 14 - 12:12 AM

Slade U.

Slade Uppercut

Jan 14 - 04:15 AM

zinc alloy

zinc alloy

loved ParaNorman

Jan 14 - 04:07 PM

Jan 14 - 04:10 PM

Matthew Reimer

@Travis, its not that big of a deal. We knew it wouldn't win anyways.

Jan 14 - 06:06 PM

Bertram Krogh

Bertram Krogh

Jan 15 - 01:30 AM

Jan 13 - 06:57 PM

Gage Kent

Same. Paranorman was easily the best animated film of the year.

Jan 13 - 06:59 PM

Jan 13 - 07:02 PM

Waltz deserved it

Jan 15 - 10:48 AM

New on DVD & Blu-Ray
New on DVD & Blu-Ray

Transcendence, Sabotage, Shōgun...

Pictures of classic movie pairs

Annabelle Trailer
Annabelle Trailer

Horror spin-off of The Conjuring

Laggies Trailer
Laggies Trailer

Keira Knightley is a responsible rebel