20% Transcendence Apr 18

100% Orphan Black: Season 2

The Lion King 1 1/2 Reviews

Jennifer X

May 26, 2007
I think this is what one would call a total clusterf-ck.
DreamExtractor
DreamExtractor

March 28, 2011
The Lion King 1.5 is hilarious, has a nice story that connects with the first, and is just a much better sequel than The Lion king 2.
Directors Cat
Directors Cat

August 15, 2011
It stands ut from theatrical disney productions because of its inventive way of retelling the original story from diffeent characters prespective.
Alexander D

July 26, 2011
Think the original version of THE LION KING...then add another five-minute opening sequence plus a really boring explanation of what it's going to be like. A waste of time; just a way to make easy money.
murphmann93
murphmann93

June 24, 2011
A childhood favourite and a classic! A must see!
michael e.
michael e.

June 19, 2011
a great side story to the first film by my two favorite characters
Luke B

July 27, 2010
Well they tried something different, but it will probably fail to impress fans of The Lion King. Placing Timon and Pumbaa into earlier events and adding plot points later, just tarnishes the original and even contradicts it. It just seemed like a lot of, sometimes inventive, excuses to make a few cheap jokes. At least they managed to get back the majority of the original voice cast, but to imagine Pumbaa's fart caused the bowing at the beginning of the original is actually kind of annoying. By the end it is obvious that the makers were favoring parody, but these two work best as co-stars, and comic relief, rather than the heroes of the movie.
KJ P

January 19, 2010
I have no idea why, but this is the only lion king movie that I've seen. I don't know wether the others are better or not, but I actually really enjoyed this one!
ScoopOnline

February 19, 2008
Cool
Rachel F

August 5, 2007
My least favorite of the Lion King films, but it was still good.
Bradley W

December 2, 2011
Dillon L

October 12, 2010
The story affects the original in a negative way, however, it is often funny.
Jason Vargo
Jason Vargo

March 31, 2012
Kudos to this pre/sequel to The Lion King for trying something different and mostly succeeding. This story spans the entire original film, showing the events from the perspective of secondary characters Timon and Pumbaa. The oft-used Mystery Science Theater asides may get tiresome, especially when they come at emotional high points of the film, but that's kind of the point, I think. A light, breezy outing revisiting the first film in the series with a different look. Animation and voice talent is impressive even if the film runs about 10 minutes too long. There is a gag at the end I won't spoil which had me playing a mental game of "Guess Who." Be warned: TLK 1.5 may make you want to watch the original all over again.
Bradley J.
Bradley J.

October 12, 2011
The pinnacle of Disney's straight-to-video releases, I wish I could've seen it in a theater format(if they had released it that way). The Lion King 1 1/2 is a surprisingly enjoyable film with a clever parody-like view of the original, some hilarious moments and fun voice-acting, this delightful film should sit on your DVD shelf for years to come. Overall Rating: 81
Jackson W

June 11, 2011
Funny parody of the original film, but does not rank anywhere near the success of the first two in my opinion. This was more of a money pit, partially disguised as a way to promote Timon and Pumbaa, characters who were originally sidekicks yet are puffed up as their own selves in both this film and their now ended television show. Definitely the weaker of the trilogy.
Yinalí R

August 22, 2007
Veeeery funny!
Sarah P

March 20, 2012
This was a fun and really cute movie and a way to relive the original.
Marion R

May 5, 2007
The only reason they made this film was to try and milk as much money as they could from The Lion King. It was just horrible, not funny and it even took away from The Lion King. You should be ashamed Disney!
Sunil J

August 23, 2008
Unecessary and low budget stupidity.