19% Transcendence Apr 18

100% Orphan Black: Season 2
96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

The Lion King 2 - Simba's Pride Reviews

April 18, 2014
This is a rather underwhelming sequel, nothing earth-shattering, but a solidly enjoyable film for kids. I found it more interesting to think about why the lionesses might have chosen to side with Scar in the first place, since Scar never associated with lionesses before he took Pride Rock, so what's up with that? What would cause Mufasa's pride to divide like that? Scar had something going on there, maybe his whole lion supremacy thing attracted them?
Jaws No Revenge
May 12, 2012
A mess of a sequel that just rehashes the original and brings back the unfunny duo of the original film and gives them MORE screen time.
June 30, 2007
Thank heaven this movie was good. Not as good as the first, but still a really good movie.
March 25, 2014
While it doesn't reach the magnificent heights of its predecessor, The Lion King 2 is well-crafted sequel that provides a good retelling of the Romeo & Juliet story.
Official
January 3, 2014
Not as emotionally fulfilling and powerful as the first, however kids will definitely enjoy this movie.
March 27, 2014
On one hand I can not deny how resourceful you make a sequel was inspired by Romeo and Juliet against a first film inspired by Hamlet. Sadly I miss you a lot to be as good as the first.
March 13, 2014
For a Disney sequel this was actually solid!
March 1, 2014
Can't be better than the first one. However, it was nice to know how Simba's life continued.
February 15, 2014
good movie, great music
February 8, 2014
I enjoy this film. Of course it is not as good as the first, but it has good animation, decent characters, a decent story, and there are three songs that I enjoy. It's my favorite Disney sequel. True, it did not need to be made, but I can tell they worked hard on this movie, and that's good enough for me. It at least makes sense to have this movie since Simba had a child in the end. The Lion King 2 is a worthy sequel that I won't get tired of any time soon.
hakkanarejo
July 29, 2010
The circle of life continues for Simba, now fully grown and in his rightful place as the king of Pride Rock. Simba and Nala have given birth to a daughter, Kiara who's as rebellious as her father was. But Kiara drives her parents to distraction when she catches the eye of Kovu, the son of the evil lioness, Zira. Will Kovu steal Kiara's heart?

Overall, I think if you liked The Lion King then you'll enjoy The Lion King 2. Kids will certainly love it. However, it doesn't measure up to the original film. It's just another example of how Disney follows up their hit films with weak sequels that go straight to video. Instead of trying to recapture the magic of the first film, it comes across as a half-hearted attempt to get your money. They did this with Cinderella 2, 101 Dalmatians 2, Beauty and the Beast sequels, and more. Only Toy Story 2 was saved from a second rate release and you can credit Pixar for that. All this being said, though, The Lion King 2 is still worth checking out for the kiddies.
January 2, 2014
Doesn't live up to the original at all - especially in terms of animation quality. Doesn't expand that much on the original story but gives a bit more background on the characters. It stepped down a lot from the sophisticated themes of the first film. I do love Zira's "My Lullaby" song, though.
December 22, 2013
Another sequel that wasn't needed.. Disney will do or make anything to make a buck!
December 20, 2013
A well put together movie.
September 4, 2010
Mouais, ša se regarde.
November 24, 2013
I am struggling to remember a sequel that matched the original. This is no exception. The original Lion King was a classic. The soundtrack from the original produced some of the most memorable songs of the decade. This one can hardly make such a claim. There was possibly one song from the sequel that was notable but other than that this one didn't live up to the hype. It is difficult though to think how the film could have been improved. To improve on a classic such as the original is close to impossible. If this cartoon was judged without looking back than it wasn't a bad watch.
June 11, 2012
A terrible sequel to one of my favorite films. The Lion King explores a theme that I haven't seen in many other animated films. Where this just goes back to the same formulaic plot of two characters from different families who hate each other, falling in love and struggle to be together. Gee, where have I seen that before?
Maggy GE.
November 3, 2013
The best Disney sequel so far. Amazing story-line, character development and songs.
A ''Must Watch'' for any Disney fan!
Luke Tegan
July 1, 2012
Ive actually seen this one more times than I have the original. Same plot basically, but it is still captivating to audiences under 12 and brings back childhood for those over the kid-menu age.
October 22, 2013
Why such a negative review. I dont usually expect sequels to be any good but this was quite enjoyable. And the songs are probably some of my favorite songs from most disney movies.