Little Giants Reviews

MANUGINO
½ February 5, 2010
Funny and cool movie, I still remember when I saw this movie for the first time in the movie theater. What a blast!

In Urbania, Ohio, snobby ex-football star Kevin O'Shea conducts try-outs for the town's Peewee football team, the Urbania Cowboys, which will compete for a chance at the state Peewee football playoffs. Kevin slights his younger brother Danny O'Shea by rejecting Danny's daughter Becky "Icebox" O'Shea, who is a good player. Kevin rejected her simply because she's a girl. Becky and some of her friends, boys who were also rejected, get the idea to start up their own team, to be coached by Danny. After Kevin tries to put a stop to that plan, Danny gets Kevin to agree to a game to decide which team will represent Urbania, because each town is allowed only one team. Danny and Becky scour the town in search of willing players, and they gather a crew of kids who have limited skills and no team spirit. They luck out when Becky discovers Junior Floyd expertly passing rolls of toilet paper right into a shopping cart at the supermarket, as though he's passing a football. With Becky and Junior on board, the new team, the Giants, has a chance to make a good showing, and they begin their training. But low morale continually threatens to break up the team. A chance visit by former NFL football coach John Madden and four NFL football stars -- Steve Entman, Bruce Smith, Emmitt Smith, and Tim Brown -- leaves the team with several tips on how to create an advantage. Becky develops a crush on Junior Floyd, and she's jealous when her cheerleader cousin Debbie flirts with Junior. Becky decides to compete for Junior on equal terms, so she puts on make-up and a cheerleader outfit, joining the cheerleaders and abandoning the team. But the Cowboys will be coming into the game with a vicious new player named Spike Hammersmith. Will Becky be there for the team if they need her?
Chiefilms
December 24, 2009
Childhood classics generally get 3 stars from me regardless if they hold up or not. Little Giants doesn't hold up like The Sandlot does but it's still a fun watch.
thmtsang
August 4, 2007
Movie about kids trying to make it in a football team.
October 3, 2007
This is a good little family movie. It follows the formula pretty closely and really doesn't deliver anything new. The kids will like it.
½ May 25, 2011
Same old plot, but much funnier than other movies of its kind
xxdebxx
June 26, 2010
A typical and predictable underdog tale about a group of boys who were not picked for a football team and so they formed their own with the nerdy Danny O'Shea's (Rick Moranis) as their team's captain. His brother Kevin O'Shea (Ed O'Neill of Married with children) is a former NFL star and town hero, has all the best athletes but Danny has a secret weapon in the form of his daughter (The Icebox) who is of course a better player than most of the boys on the opposing side and while his team doesn't boast the brawn of his brother's, his little players have big hearts and a lot of will. Cute, funny and overall entertaining!
½ October 30, 2009
I can't believe I hadn't reviewed this film on here yet.

The Best Children's movie all time! I aboslutely watched this film, a million times. Being a "New York Giant's" fan doesn't help. This film is funny, and encouraging.

Even if you are an adult, I still reccomend it. I enjoyed this comic romp, more than even "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle" or "Van Wilder".

One of the top 100 Children's films you must see before you die.
#1, for me. Highly Reccomended to everyone.
½ February 2, 2008
"YOU beat Kevin down Cherry Hill?!" Anyone who doesn't like this movie didn't have a childhood, and I feel bad for you.
½ June 9, 2007
what is there to say, really?
½ October 14, 2007
Kid's playing sports movies are all the same. This one is cute enough but nothing special.
April 14, 2012
(3 Stars) Little Giants certainly isn't a bad movie, but we've seen this 90's family sports film before many, many times. Its quarreling brothers storyline (played by Rick Moranis and Ed O'Neill, who are the best parts of the movie) is good and outdoes all the training montages and gags for kids. I wish the focus is on them, because the child characters are really stock. It's doubtful you'll remember them by their names but rather their main attribute ie "the fat kid," "the nerd," "the black kid," "the only girl on the team," and "the outsider all star." It's kind of a palette swap of The Mighty Ducks. I think I like the idea of Little Giants more than its execution, but I had a good enough time watching it.
January 10, 2010
this one of good whole family film of with kid pee-wee football team. ed o'neill (remember him as al bundy in "married with children" but he so funny so far in moment this movie) and rick moranis (of "ghostbusters" and "parenthood") who both performance as brother vs. brothers of coach in pee-wee football team. watch for john madden and the rest of the NFL player cameo.
June 1, 2010
Nothing groundbreaking here, but Ed O'Neill and Rick Moranis deliver. There are some fun parts here.
½ November 16, 2009
Awesome. I might have to download this Moranis classic. Fun with great cameos played by NFL stars (including Madden and Emmitt Smith)
April 1, 2009
this is a cute story of all the kids who were never picked to be on the team and how they make a name for themselves.
February 2, 2008
I can't help but rate this movie high. I loved this movie when I was a kid, and haven't seen it since, as soon as I see that it's on TV, I'm going to watch it.
½ November 18, 2007
I'll be honest. This is my favorite football movie. Who can forget the Annexation of Puerto Rico? Ahaha.
October 7, 2007
Great family flick. Very funny characters and story. One of those underdog movies where no one belives in them, there opponents are better than them in every way, but they overcome it all and come out on top.
½ August 3, 2007
The movie, the Little Giants is a fun and enjoyable movie. I personally like that kids ambitions and determination.Even though his team doesn't boast the brawn of his brothers, his little giants have big hearts and a lot of will. With a few little love stories in the mix, and of course an event that seems to spell doom for the little giants, this is a really fun, enjoyable film that is appropriate for the whole family. Yeah it may have its predictable moments, but that is just what I want when I settle in to watch a film in this genre.