—— As Above/So Below Aug 29

The Little Mermaid II - Return to the Sea Reviews

FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

September 14, 2007
i dont normally enjoy folllow ups to the classic originals but i did still very much enjoy this sequel another cute little movie for the kids to enjoy!
DreamExtractor
DreamExtractor

August 15, 2011
Ruined the first, it was really bad and boring, they make these DVD's to screw us out of our cash
Matt G

July 31, 2010
D
Luke B

July 27, 2010
It's the exact same pissing film. Ariel has a daughter, obsessed with the sea like she was with land. Her daughter meets Ursula's "crazy" sister, whom appears from nowhere. She is also voiced by Carroll, which adds to her menace, but she is just a poor variation on Ursula. Being in Ursula's shadow and ridiculed by her mother, means we get a less talented, less confident, and just a lesser villain overall. The songs are pants, with no heart or humor. Timon and Pumbaa even make an appearance in the disguise of a penguin and a walrus. No imagination has been used at all in this poor retread.
Jennifer X

September 27, 2007
Disgusting.
Bradley W

December 2, 2011
Dillon L

August 16, 2011
"The Little Mermaid II" exactly represents why Disney should never have made all these shit sequels to decent movies. The animation is less remarkable, the story is sloppy, the characters ares too childish, and it's too obviously produced for the sake a of a few bucks.
Jackson W

May 25, 2011
Little Mermaid 2 is not a perfect sequel and definitely inferior to the first. It is, as fans complain, the same story backwards. Instead of a mermaid longing to be human, a human is longing to become a mermaid *yawn*. Yet I still enjoyed seeing one of the Princesses have a kid. Unlike most direct-to-video Disney sequels, this had a reasonable plot line. It followed the same pattern of Lion King 2, so that alone makes it watchable.
Maymay A

April 22, 2009
The first installment is way better.
Marion R

June 9, 2007
Disney, please stop making this films. Crappy sequels that don't even come close to the originals.
May 18, 2014
I've never seen a direct to DVD Disney "sequel" I liked, so I didn't have high hopes for this one- but actually, it wasn't half bad. It definitely didn't have the same entertainment value as the original, but it's a pretty solid sequel that actually feels like a sequel, and for the most part I enjoyed it.
July 27, 2007
i remember liking this movie when it came out but hating how it made ariel all grown up and seem like a bitch
MovieGuruDude72
April 3, 2007
One of the 200 instances of Disney raping its own brand. You lose more and more respectability every second of every day Mickey.
oibanez
April 28, 2008
Ariel is my daughters favorite princess and this movie failed to keep her attention. Most of the episodes from the series cartoon the show in the morings are better than this. We were actually hoping to rent tinkerbell but it was all checked out so we got this. We should have waited.
mckenry4
October 25, 2008
I was not as impressed with this. But then again it was wonderful to see Ariel as a mermaid for a bit.
MetalMario2
June 17, 2008
When I was just a little tyke, I stood in awe and fear of King Triton. He had all the power of the sea at his command, and a volatile temper that made me fear for Sebastian's life every time the little crab had to enter the king's chamber as the reluctant bearer of bad news. This sub-par sequel, however, castrates Triton and turns him into a total wuss. Hell, the Triton of my childhood would have torn Morgana (the villain) in half with his bare hands five seconds after she showed up.
shutterbug180
July 31, 2008
I love this movie so much that I would watch it all the time if I had it now it's beter then the first
May 23, 2008
The animation and artwork on this was horrible. I was cringing. I couldn't even get into the story because it was really THAT BAD!
April 17, 2008
no thank you. i dont support direct to home video, rip off sequels to classic disney movies just to make a buck and neither should you.