Little Monsters - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Little Monsters Reviews

April 27, 2016
ohhhh man one of my favorites this movie absolutely is so dang good
½ February 16, 2016
When I was a kid I thought this movie was the coolest. Just saw it recently and it wasn't all that great!!
July 12, 2015
so weird! but how punx is the monster?
July 4, 2015
Simple, silly, plot but heart warming feel good story, this is a classic , terrible acting set with a poor plot equals amazing film.
½ May 23, 2015
I remember it being better when i was younger. If ya like this check out monster squad and the goonies. peace
April 18, 2015
This witty little fable is fun for kids and the kid in all of us.
March 27, 2015
best movie of all time
October 8, 2014
I've loved this movie ever since I was a kid and I watching it all the time! :) It's funny, I love the creativity and imagination. It's just a fun movie. :)
½ September 3, 2014
70%
The story is more refined in later films such as "Monsters Inc.," but "Little Monsters" is a late 80s childhood gem.
½ August 6, 2014
When a boy finds a monster hide out and eventually tries to get his friends to join him. This could have been a great family film, but little monsters fails at mostly everything. The make-up and the effect's are well done, but the main character (The boy) is so unlikable and so despicable.
February 15, 2010
(First and only viewing - 1/24/2011)
December 19, 2012
I absolutely loved this film as a child. If there was nothing else this was the one go to film I would always get from the video shop with my dad. Now, that video shop is closed and I can't seem to find this film anywhere.
November 24, 2013
LITTLE MONSTERS wasn't made- it was perpetrated. It is utterly sickening, rampantly cruel, lazily brainless, shameful trash. The fact that this depressing exercise got a "PG" rating is absolutely dumbfounding- this is one of the scariest, cruelest, most mean-spirited films I've ever seen, and I hated every incomprehensible and idiotic minute of it. This movie was marketed towards kids- these are actions that are stupid and irresponsible to the level of retardation. The sick idiots who greenlit this script and were responsible for making this movie have a very warped sense of humor- they must have been beaten as children.

There are things in this movie that are as mature as a 5 year old shouting out loud a new potty word he just learned during his kindergarten class. It's not just that- this movie is just downright ugly and miserable. It is full of pointless things that are brought up just for laughs. Apparently, the filmmakers think that dismemberment, toilet humor, divorce, shockingly anti-social behavior, tasteless and cruel pranks, and a downbeat attitude towards life are all funny. There is no satirical element, spin or imagination put into any of this humor, all of it is played straight. That is definitive proof that the makers of this movie are too creatively bankrupt to do anything new or original. Again, a warped sense of humor.

I wanted to go into the movie and incinerate all these characters with a flamethrower. Yes- that's what I felt. I was that aggravated by its shocking immaturity and misery. The movie is so cruel towards children and so cynical towards the parents of these children. Worse yet- it tries to pass this off as funny.

This movie has no direction- it's amazingly forgettable. It doesn't really even have a plot. It's impossible to get involved in this movie- it was made to flaunt bathroom humor, cruel pranks and bad filmmaking. The characters are one-dimensional and put there as an excuse to do the disgusting humor.

Normally, forgettable movies that don't try very hard don't deserve to be reviewed, in my opinion. But this movie is so much worse than that. It's sick, extremely cynical, and utterly cruel- unpleasant in the extreme. I intensely detested this movie- that's not an exaggerated statement. Because it is such a shocking experience, It amounts up to a pointless exercise because it is impossible for it to appeal to its intended audience. But this movie is worth no one's time.
½ March 20, 2014
Cute, but 1980's kid flick cute.

3/20/14 - Home
½ April 2, 2011
Unusual, weird and kinda creepy for a kids film. But not bad...
½ January 5, 2014
One of my favourites from my childhood. Though going back and watching it as a 27 year old I must say I can't believe I was allowed to watch this back when I was a kid. Such a creepy movie. 7/10
½ December 24, 2012
There are is no redeeming quality to this shitfest of a movie. Terrible performances, terrible effects, and a terrible story - all the components of an instant classic.....right?!!!?? WRONG.
February 8, 2012
Cool little 80's movie.
May 17, 2009
Was okay. A different twist on the monsters under your bed. Now I know why I got in so much trouble as a kid.
½ September 12, 2013
not a bad film at all but lacks alot of things. to me it comes off as a little kids version of the movie nightbreed which is based off of the book cabal. i know that nightbreed came out a year after but the book cabal came out a year before little monsters.