Live Freaky! Die Freaky! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Live Freaky! Die Freaky! Reviews

August 8, 2012
This movie is so under-rated it's sad. This is an artistic and clever way to portray the Manson family. The voice acting, especially from non-professional voice actors, was amazing and this was well directed! Bravo John Roecker Bravo!
½ September 19, 2010
This was a horrible film. Thank goodness it was short or I would feel long-lasting regret over spending significant time on it. It?s about Charles Manson and his ?family,? and how they come to murder the pregnant actress and her friends.

The only reason that I laughed during it is actually a bad reason to laugh at a film, so it doesn?t really deserve points. There were plenty of times when the director tried to get me to laugh, but every time I sat silently. I only laughed because it?s a poorly done claymation. Some of the scenes were absolutely ridiculous! I can?t believe they even put them in the final project. They are so funny because they are so awful! Haha. I laughed at the movie, not its jokes, because honestly, the jokes were twisted. There are a few different types of twisted humor: there?s twisted humor that?s funny, and there?s twisted humor that goes too far and is just disturbing. This movie has the latter. It has so much of it that I was getting tired by the end of the film. It was never funny, and as the movie kept going it became less disturbing, so it was just there, taking up time. I was bored, and frankly, annoyed that these characters were still on my screen. It is a short movie, but it felt long because it?s just so damn not funny. It tries too hard, and it fails.

I am going to give the movie a 10% because it actually had one good thing about it. When the scenes weren?t absurdly sloppy, they were actually visually fascinating. The director used good colors, unique angles, and really kinda just trips the viewer out. During a couple of the scenes, I couldn?t look away because the director?s techniques were so interesting. I appreciate his work for those scenes, but the rest of the movie is so bad that I almost forgot his good points.

It?s dialogue is original, yes, but it?s not funny. It tries too hard and just ends up disgusting and pathetic. If I had any affiliation to this film, I would change my name and pretend like I had no idea what it was. It?s really that awful. It?s a portrait of the horror of the human mind, that?s for sure. It has one good point that is overshadowed by its many failures. I would never buy this movie. I would never even watch it again. Waste of time.
½ February 27, 2010
Out of all the Manson murder flick I have never seen one so original. This farce was a greatest colaberation of music and film. John Roecker I think had a vision and pulled it off purfectly.
½ October 31, 2012
I very dark but intriguing film. While some may find its relation to what it's parodying to be ethically questionable, the concept is actually quite interesting and well executed. The music in this film is really well used and while it may not fit traditional film teachings, it gets its point across without holding back.
September 6, 2014
WARNING: This film is not for the faint of heart. On the surface, it is an obscene, sacrilegious, sloppy, over-the-top, and downright offensive piece of crap. But when you really get down to it, it is an obscene, sacrilegious, sloppy, over-the-top, and downright offensive comedy masterpiece. Everything in this film is done with the most biting satire and at times the strangest execution, and it's refreshing to see a director like John Roecker who is more than willing to cross every single line that has ever been drawn in terms of obscenity and morality. Whether you're laughing at the clever dialogue or the poorly-done Rankin-Bass-style puppetry, the twisted comedic take on the Manson family or Billie Joe Armstrong's completely over-the-top performance as Charlie, this film is a hilarious piece of underground cinema, and I am not ashamed to declare it as my #1 favorite film of all time.
August 8, 2012
½ September 19, 2010

September 17, 2010
WOW the synopsis makes no sense????
½ February 27, 2010
January 6, 2010
This movie is very good! it may be dirty but some ppl like that!