Winstead Gets Into "Die Hard" Action

Mary Elizabeth Winstead is going from horror babe to action chick. As John McClane's daughter Lucy in "Live Free or Die Hard," she'll get her own yippee kai-yeah moments too.

"I get to throw a few punches and I shoot a gun every now and then," she said. "But I'm not around when most of the big action stuff is going on."

Click for more flipbook images!

Even so, just being in a scene where other people are saving the day takes a lot of time. "On 'Die Hard' it was a lot of hanging out, really long set ups for that one shot where the cars are going to crash or a helicopter's going to fly over. All day sitting in the trailers waiting."

But it sounds like dad keeps his daughter safe from the heavy duty stuff. "I'm not actually in a lot of that danger. I kind of used those examples."

Comments

Boss Fan

Ron Schuckert

Wouldn't Lucy McClane be pushing 30? How old is this chick? 21-ish? Not that it matters a ton, but I'll be curious to see if they mention her age in the new film. Either way, I'm down with this one!

Apr 8 - 10:07 AM

streetlax890

Daniel Kossler

Well, she would be more like 26 with the actress 22-ish, but I don't think many people will take note of any inconsistency in Die Hard, as long as the movie kicks ass.

Apr 8 - 04:49 PM

smartmoviekid

jonathan ramirez

im not sure she would be in her mid 20's but man now ms.Weinstead is everywhere. she could be the new Rachel McAdams ( be in like 4-5 movies in a 6-10 month span, then disappear) Rachel: The notebook, Red EYE, Wedding Crashers, Family Stone, all in 2005. Weinstead; Black X-mas-Grindhouse(u can count each movie individually if u want), and now Die Hard just a few more and i think she'll even top Mcadams!

Apr 8 - 11:35 PM

Skitch

Kaneda !

She's the right age. she would have been what...maybe 3 in 1985? that's not bad...

Apr 10 - 05:13 AM

Boss Fan

Ron Schuckert

If this actress is only 21 or so, she wouldn't have been born in '85. Die Hard, which was 1988, Lucy looks to be 5-7 years old. That means his daughter should now be 26-ish. I guess this chick could pass for that. No big deal, I just thought she looked young.

Apr 10 - 05:54 PM

Boss Fan

Ron Schuckert

Apr 10 - 05:54 PM

New on DVD & Blu-Ray
New on DVD & Blu-Ray

Transcendence, Sabotage, Shōgun...

Pictures of classic movie pairs

Annabelle Trailer
Annabelle Trailer

Horror spin-off of The Conjuring

Laggies Trailer
Laggies Trailer

Keira Knightley is a responsible rebel