Living & Dying Reviews

August 22, 2010
Four people hold up a bank, but the cops have been tipped off and arrive in seconds. A shoot out insues and the surviving robbers are forced into a local cafe, where they take hostages. Two of their hostages turn out to be armed gang bangers, who turn the tables on the bank robbers, making them hostages as well. It was a pretty good opening, but from there it descends into your typical, slow moving, hostage drama, with paranoid cops, scared hostages, and unreasonable demands. Edward Furlong stars in this HBO thriller, and continues to be one of my favorite actors. He is so unappreciated and disrespected in Hollywood, because he was a child actor and will forever be known as that cute kid in Terminator 2. His Co-star is Michael Madsen is by far the worst actor I have ever seen. The guy thinks he's John Wayne, but the second he tries to show any emotion, people start laughing, because he is really that unbelievable. Madsen brings down the credibility of everything he is in, which makes me wonder how this guy continues to get work. Living & Dying has a great opening and an interesting ending, but unfortunately the middle is just about as boring and predictable as a movie can get.
½ January 12, 2008
Cool movie.
May 13, 2014
Very good movie, I thought what everyone would have thought, until I saw the end!! Wow....a very good movie!
February 24, 2008
This was kinda entertaining but I didn't expect a lot from it. I knew before I watched it that it wasn't gonna be anything special. If you got a couple of hours to waste then check it out, but otherwise I don't think it has enough in it to make it worth watching.
August 18, 2012
the restaurant set wants to be claustrophobic, but it turns to be a little annoying to the audience. What is good is, the viewer cannot understand who are the real bad guys, BEcause when they're introduced the three crooks, two more worse crooks enter on scene, and they are the real tough guys. Good cast, even tho they just act as if they know this movie would have been rated rotten.