Lo Reviews

April 4, 2015
Brilliant writing, very like a play.
½ February 20, 2012
The oddness of this movie is what makes it watchable.
April 20, 2013
This is one of my favorite movie, now it is not without fault but I really enjoy it. It would most likely work better as a theatre piece but it's blend of comedy, drama, horror, and overall tone makes this film work dispute this fact.
this movie may not be for everyone but I can't help but enjoy it
March 4, 2013
An amazing experimental horror film that delves deeper than most films do, considering it's restricted setting. Great lighting, make-up, acting, and story call for this film to have much more recognition than it has gotten.
½ March 3, 2013
A quirky story, which is an unusual mix of horror, black comedy, and romance. It quickly drew me in to reveal more complexity than at first met the eye.
March 1, 2013
A different, unique, bizarre and gruesome rom-com. It's a rom-com that doesn;t feel like a rom-com. Some of the humor works, some does not but the core story and the fantastic, funny and scary character of Lo is what makes this film an absolute must-see. Seek this film out and give it a watch, you'll be glad you did.
February 2, 2013
A great little film that is a mix of hilarity its definitly a dark comedy but with a great twist watch it have fun with it and remember its cheaply made
December 15, 2012
this moivie is terrible
November 4, 2012
Very fun to watch. Enjoyable to watch with friends.
October 14, 2012
La historia hubiera podido ser buena, pero con pĂ (C)simas actuaciones y una trama sin sentido y ridĂ­cula pierde todo su potencial en 10 minutos, aunque el enfoque artistico hacia Lo es muy bueno
½ October 10, 2012
The spookiest comedy I've seen
½ October 7, 2012
"Lo" is a strange, strange little film. Filmed on an amazingly low budget, this movie is a wildly inventive, horror/comedy/romance mash-up that takes the look and feel of a live theater production, and siphons it into a claustrophobic, campy little art film...
This film is about demons, magic spell books, and the supernatural -- pretty common place, horror movie fare, but the twist here is mostly in the cinematography and the dialogue.
"Lo" is full of witty banter and self-awareness: the fact that this film was influenced by cult franchises "Buffy, The Vampire Slayer" and "The Return Of The Living Dead" couldn't be more obvious.
The acting is a little choppy at times, and the picture has the grainy look of a movie from the '90s (which I'm almost certain was intentional by the director), but the high points of the film are definitely it's make-up design (with the one exception of a talking hand -- you'll see); it's great script; compellingly original storyline; and the simple fact that the entire freakin' movie was shot in one room with VERY limited set pieces!
"Lo" is amazingly funny, brilliant, zany, and at times kinda creepy... it won numerous accolades from indie film awards, and is well worth a watch if not just for the giant dancing rats and musical numbers performed by a triceratops-head demon in a nazi uniform. I give "Lo" a 9 out of 10 ("great"). XD
½ September 29, 2012
This really was a great, independent film, even though it was more like a theater play. A single, black background set is where most of this movie took place, but what really stood out to me was the makeup, the acting, and the script. The makeup was excellent with exception to Justin's hand, which was unacceptable since it looked completely fake. The acting was good enough, and I thought the demons were spot-on perfect. The dialogue was great too, even with some of the scenes dragging. However, It's an indie horror meets romantic comedy and it pulled it off. I saw it on Netflix and if anyone has Netflix, I would definitely recommend this.
July 1, 2012
I was skeptical at first, seeing as there was a growing number of people not enjoying this movie, but I don't regret watching it at all. Many people don't like this movie because it is different, and original as well, but these reasons seemed to be the reasons why I enjoyed it so much. The movie focuses on Justin, who is summoning the demon Lo to search for his love, April. What makes this movie different is the fact that the it focuses on Justin, sitting in a pentagram, with everything else going on around him. A lot is left to the imagination, but flashbacks in the form of a play provide a visual to give your imagination a break. Well worth a watch, and even if you don't enjoy it as much as some, you will at least have experienced something different from almost any movie you've seen before.
½ June 15, 2012
A fun, original, un-expected movie that is now a cult favorite for me. Hilarious because of some perfect comedic timing with interesting visuals done on the cheap. As things un-ravel and become a bit more serious it becomes less endearing and the ending leaves some plot holes in the rest of the movie that hadn't existed before. Not enough though to take away from the films demonic charm.
May 31, 2012
I normally don't care about movies because they are all too similar, but this one is original. It was awesome to watch a movie that hasn't come out a million times already.
½ May 7, 2012
A demonic movie with a heart of pure gold! While it can be a little to quirky for it's own good at times, The humor and touching moments more than make up for it.
April 6, 2012
It sucks that I had to go through a different search engine to find this movie on this website. I saw this movie back in 2010 and it's remained one of my favorite indie flicks to date. I film-maker with a no-budget created a film of off-kilter, funny, passionate, and enjoyable charm. I've watched the film at least four times and I still don't get bored with it.
April 1, 2012
*SPOILERISH* This movie looks, sounds and feels like it was made in front of a live audience. The flashback style scenes deserve praise. This is a unique piece of film. The character Lo was definitely frightening, as was his friend in the uniform. Great makeup job! I thought the dialogue and character interaction was well thought out. The ending was sad and unexpected.
March 21, 2012
This was a very interesting movie to say the least. It's not your typical film and is definitely not for everyone. I think I would describe this one as a very bizarre, experimental, black comedy.