Loan Shark Reviews

March 24, 2013
Raft gave me the impression of not belonging in this movie for some reason, his character was an outside, but it wasn't that. This film has a highly predictable story, unfortunately. But it wasn't too bad, just okay.
bbcfloridabound
December 24, 2008
This was a real enjoyable Black & White Gangster Film with lots of style. With George Raft playing the lead role. I rented it because I am checking out all available movies with Ross Elliott in them, Ross played a very small part in this film which went unaccredited. This Movie only lasted about 78 Minutes, and is part of a Double Feature, my copy was the Forgotten Noir Volume 2, it doubles with Arson Inc, if all the movies in the Forgotten Noir Collection are as good as this one I will start a new collection. This movie is full of thrills, guys fighting in suits and keeping there hats on there heads, lines like I?ll stick closer to him then his underwear. Raft grabing a girl and laying a hardy lip lock on her that by todays standards in America could get you a trip to see the judge. I enjoy the fact that Raft starts out working in a tire factory and its hows tires being made, couldn?t do that in 2009 unless of course you went to China. Has a great twist at the end. 4 to 5 Stars all the way. Throw me another B&W Please.