91% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

43% Young & Hungry: Season 1

Lobsterman From Mars Reviews

Jamie D.
March 3, 2010
Amazingly, nobody's written a review for this one, so let me be the first. Are you sitting comfortably? oh, good. It's always that much funnier when they're sitting comfortably.

I remember first watching this incredibly silly spoof when I was 10 years old, and the whole "Video Nasty" business was really getting into the swing. I gasped at the gore, looked confused at the incredibly bad acting, and may have fallen asleep once or twice.

Not very encouraging, is it? But wait.

I then managed to find this film on DVD not that long ago. I fondly remembered it, despite my childhood confusion and sleepiness, and decided to give it a second chance.

As a connoiseur of deliberately bad movies, I was hooked. Don't think the actors are unskilled because they ham their roles so much... oh, no. In fact, it takes great skill to keep that level of sheer pork slice going for more than four takes at a time, and I can respect them for it. The special effects, while mostly wonky, are absolutely hilarious when it comes to the deaths (the part old B-Movies tended to spend a lot of money on), and the metaplot made me laugh out loud. Serve the dodgy git right, for it to become a blockbuster!

And indeed, to me, it is a blockbuster, albeit a sleeper. If you're going to take it seriously, like the other "B-Movie's B-Movie" I refer to, "Eight Legged Freaks", then it's not for you. If you're looking for deliberate ham, done with all the art a director and his cast can muster, then get this on DVD if you can find it.

Remember, kids, the Lobsterman from Mars is after our air!!!
jazza923
February 5, 2007
It is understood this is a spoof, and I usually like campy spoofs, but this one wasn't funny, very stupid but not in an enjoyable way. Corny and dumb, even with a decent cast.