Lockout (Unrated) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lockout (Unrated) Reviews

April 5, 2015
funny and awesome. genre should be changed to comedy action & adventure
½ March 7, 2015
This is one of my favorite movies with Maggie, Guy & Storm!
August 26, 2013
Guy Pearce is so cool and his performance as a cocky badass guy should of given us a sequel alone but the Film is still joyful, action packed, funny as hell and is so underrated gotta check it out
½ March 10, 2012
A lean and fun 90's throwback man-movie. Guy Pearce knocks it out of the park!
½ October 25, 2012
Yes, yes.... I appreciated that one! Hey, I'm surprised too! Full, full of action and dangerous men...
July 21, 2012
That movie look so good that I want to watch so bad because I am buying it taday I'm going to the store so I'm going to buy it taday so the movie is 10 out of 10 for me
November 18, 2014
A decent generic, over the top & sometimes quite ridiculous action movie. Guy Pearce is pretty good in the role of an anti-hero with some witty one liners & comebacks reminiscent of 80's early 90's action movies. Pearce plays an ex-CIA agent whose been framed for a murder he didn't commit. He's given a chance for a reprieval when he's asked to rescue the President's daughter after she is taken hostage on a space prison.
November 7, 2014
Not sure what critics were hoping for, but this movie ruled. Transformative, extremely hilarious and awesome Guy Pearce performance.
November 3, 2014
I love this movie! Guy Pearce is a sexy and cynical as ever. Really funny and with good action scenes.
½ August 21, 2012
Didn't cause bleeding from the ears. Plot and all has been done many times before, usually to better effect. Bad guy kidnaps pretty girl, send in bad-ass to the rescue, in space. Might watch again if nothing else was on. Overnight rental worthy maybe if you were in the mood for mindless action and violence, but wouldn't purchase.
July 30, 2012
Easily one of the best action movies out there. Guy Pierce is effortless in what is his most entertaining role EVER.
December 18, 2011
It could have been awesome. instead a cool premise got bungled.
½ December 5, 2012
Story is decent. Guy Pearce is awesome!
½ September 27, 2014
Sort of Die Hard in space... Very nicely shot with chunky well lit sci fi sets, Guy Pearce does good badass too, clearly enjoying himself. Shame the rest is SHIT, crud script, terrible sound design (you can't hear half the dialogue) and a truly awful bike chase sfx sequence... disappointing, cos there are great bits in this. Boo.
½ September 26, 2014
2.75 stars ideally. Critics may have been harsh on 'Lockout'. Not that they were too far off in their evaluation but it is watch-able and somewhat entertaining at least.

Although displaying foreseeable plot turns and a generic hothead villain, the space prison concept distinguishes it from other movies of equivalent standard. The cool premise probably helps to overshadow what are in essence standard action sequences. None of them last long enough and they would have benefited from a few more confrontations which directly utilised the space environment.

Guy Pearce portraying CIA operative, Snow, as un-likeable, snide and selfish actually makes for a likeable hero. Thought an actor of his calibre was above this role but lucky for the film he was involved as a lot of the audience's enjoyment will be attributable to him. Not all of his comedic lines hit the mark but he brings a respectable level of charisma and fortitude to produce a non-stereotypical action hero. You would want to see his character again but in a better film. The rebelling prisoners made less of a contribution, with the two main convicts proving to be neither interesting or a strong threat to Snow. Also thought that giving the majority of dialogue to these two from the prisoners's perspective reduced the scale and therefore impact of the prison takeover. There was little sense of the chaos which is normally associated with a hostile prison riot.

Nothing special but works as a simple action flick and, to its advantage, it doesn't try to be anything more.
½ August 23, 2012
Average action film with awful CGI. Guy Pearce alone brings this up to 2 1/2 stars for me, he is great.
September 1, 2014
Sarcasm is such a beautiful thing when done correctly. There was a very nice attempt here. So much potential...
August 31, 2014
Die Hard 1 In Space - but without originality or other good things
½ August 31, 2014
Luc Besson penned and produced this actioner that's motto could be "if you liked it in another film we'll do it, too, but more". Which is not bad. Not necessarily. No.
Okay, okay, I lied. It gets old once you figure out the plan. So sit back and amuse yourself guessing what film they borrowed what bit from.
Nonetheless Guy Pearce is always good (they begin the film with him falling off a many storied building. .. and getting up and walking away, let me know what the believability quotient was going to be for the rest of the film right off the bat). Spoiler alert (like it matters): there are two, count 'em, two black guys in the whole film, grains of pepper in a sea of salt. Guess who the bad guys are?
Peter Stormare , one of my favs, phones in his part.
½ August 22, 2014
It was a good film to watch