LOL

90% Outlander: Season 1

LOL Reviews

Alice S

December 30, 2013
For a movie cleverly-if-cutesily called "LOL" (main girl's name is Lola, shortened to the ubiquitous internet slang) with the mawkish tagline of "You can change your status but not your heart," there's very little laughing out loud or status changing going on with the characters in the movie, to say even less for the viewing audience. The teen drama is vague and insipid, born of silly secrets, obvious misunderstandings, and a triangle of near-identical hipster boys.

Miley Cyrus rocks the honey blonde hair, but she is still scrunchy-faced and faux-angry and probably can't speak a lick of French with her thick drawl. Ashley Greene, herself, seems to be aware that she's the only twenty-five-year-old-looking super senior fawning over the boys at this school. Even Demi Moore is wooden.
Nicki M

April 29, 2012
Okay. Seen it all before and done better, but this was mildly entertaining. I didn't hate it.
LWOODS04
LWOODS04

January 12, 2011
"This movie is actually spot on when it comes to mother and daughter relationships. Especially when the mother had the child at a younger age. You still are growing and changing and sometimes are going through similar changes as your almost adult child. I know it's really a shocking discovery when you find out that your parents are human and still making mistakes and learning. I liked the movie, but the story wasn't strong enough. The acting by some wasn't that great either. Miley does OK in this film. Her crying seemed a bit fake at times. I found it really hard to believe her. The supporting cast really helped make this movie watchable. I miss Demi in films. I liked her in this. I wouldn't mind seeing her in more movies again. I think it's worth at least a one time watch."
MANUGINO
MANUGINO

July 24, 2012
You can change your status, but not your heart.

Good movie! I can understand why "wanna be" critics feel like this is a bad movie but for real this movie is not suppose to be taken seriously. It's not an oscar movie we get it.. but don't criticized it like one. I thought this movie was fun and worth my time so go see it if you want on a lonely night.

In a world connected by YouTube, iTunes, and Facebook, Lola and her friends navigate the peer pressures of high school romance and friendship while dodging their sometimes overbearing and confused parents. When Lola's mom, Anne, "accidentally" reads her teenage daughter's racy journal, she realizes just how wide their communication gap has grown. Through hilarious and heartfelt moments between mother and daughter, LOL is a fresh coming-of-age story for modern times.
Dann M

January 29, 2013
Miley Cyrus and Demi Moore star in the coming-of-age drama LOL, an ugly and monotonous film that has no depth. The story follows seemingly ordinary teenager Lola, who struggles to deal with an overbearing mother, a cheating ex-boyfriend, and the other trials and tribulations of high school. The film is poorly written, and none of the characters have any dimension. Compounding the problem is the poor acting, which does nothing to make the characters interesting or likable. LOL is a pretentious piece of garbage that's shallow and tedious.
December 19, 2013
Garbage. Generic, gimmicky, pointless sex and drug use. Bad acting. Somehow I made it through the whole things so ... something kept me watching ... but Im not sure what it was.
PeteyPablo10
June 1, 2013
This was an entire movie about dumb teenage girl problems which to anyone else is just girls overreacting to everything. Even the title "LOL" had me instantly hate this movie. Miley Cyrus starring in this didn't really help the cause either because let's just say her acting chops are nonexistent. No matter what age/gender you are, do not see this movie.
April 24, 2013
Was LOL really needed? Did it bring anything new to the teen romance/comedy genre? No to both. However even with its bad acting (especially by Miley Cyrus) LOL is just barely watchable. I am sure young teen girls will enjoy it but can't see anyone else caring much about it.
February 6, 2013
I learned three things watching this film. All parents are idiots most of the time, it's OK to smoke the reefer in front of a narcotics pig as long as your friend is dating him, and French people eat disgusting things. I liked this movie I guess, I just couldn't ever really put my finger on what the point of it was. Still, it was a nice love story with decent music, the evil ganja and some laughs. Absolutely adequate.
November 22, 2012
Surprisingly not a piece of shit. There are a lot of funny lines in there. Mostly the grandmother. And some of the shit that happens in this movie is really funny too.
September 19, 2012
Nothing too great, although god bless it it tries. Miley Cyrus almost breaks through into legitimately good acting, but can't quite make it. The characters are amusing and fun to watch, but despite how much you care while they're onscreen once the show's over you'll more than likely end up going, "What was that?" Really iy's just a sweet, cream-flavored thing that wants to (but can't) be a serious teen romance flick.
September 17, 2012
Uhm ... yawn. The title of the film is very misleading as there is very little to laugh at here (to be fair -- I don't even think Cyrus is bad enough to laugh at here). The title, LOL, is actually Cyrus's character's nickname which is a shortened for of Lola (see how original this film is?). This is a remake of a hugely popular French film of the same name; but I don't really see why it had to be replicated for stateside audiences as it offers up nothing new on the teenage, youth culture addicted to the digital world. Lola likes a boy but he doesn't really like her and another boy likes her but they are really good friends and she thinks it would be weird to want to date him as he is such a friend and all ... yeppers, that is the story. Cyrus isn't awful here; but I am perplexed as to why Demi Moore (Ghost, A Few Good Men, Disclosure) would sign-up to play her mothers. The film is about some kids learning life lessons ... but not really. All of the children here are rewarded with a school trip to Paris so it never really matters what any of them do. It is perhaps the parenting in this flick that is more startling than the teenagers ... that they run the world isn't much of a surprise to some of us on the outside looking in at their lives. This movie was made FOR this audience. What lesson should be learned? Ahem ...
Hamee
August 30, 2012
This movie was a complete waste of time. The story between Lola and Kyle could have been much sweeter if Cyrus wasn't playing the part of Lola. She really is an awful actress and ruins the story for me every time.
August 6, 2012
Warning: extreme chick flick. Ladies, please do not ever subject a guy to this movie. And if you're not at least mildly interested in girly drama, then for the love of all that is holy, do not watch. Typically this isn't really my thing, and I will admit it's incredibly hokey and I poked fun at it from start to finish. But it's cheesy in a feel-good kind of way, and that's got to count for something. There's no fantastic acting or intricate plot to be found within a 500 mile radius of this film, but for what it is, it's actually pretty enjoyable.
cappieforpresident
June 16, 2012
There's something wrong when the couple you "fall in love with" is the girl's best friend and her dorky boy. I loved the Kyle dude, but I was struggling with the Lola character. Fully enjoyed the music. All taken in to consideration, I think it's a charming, quirky movie, that I'd probably watch again.
July 25, 2012
Made well. Actors weren't bad. Cinematography wasn't bad. Wasn't shit because it was low budget. But was completely lacking any substance. Girl gets cheated on. Finds a guy. Sleeps with him. Mom finds out by reading her diary. Girl gets pissed. Mom is pissed. Girl apologizes, and it's all good... no real transition. Just kind of like "Dude, my bad." "Cool". And that's how it ends....

Needed more. I felt this lacked any emotion and was really geared towards pre teens.
August 7, 2014
Took 30 minutes to figure out this wasn't satire/parody. Miley is two neurons and a single synapse. That's really it. An amoeba. Demi broke my heart. Tarnishes/sinks her entire career in my eyes. May as well have been a two-person human caterpillar; well-formed, solid pieces though.
July 3, 2014
Well it can't get any worst and corrupted than this. Thankyou for wasting 45 minutes of my life
Aidan C.
July 3, 2014
This film is hilarious. Every single character is just the worst, most superficial person on the earth. My favorite part of the movie is the dynamic between Demi Moore and Miley Cyrus. They undress in front of each other, take baths together, snuggle in bed together, everything. It's awkward, uncomfortable, and wrong. I think Demi Moore has to, by contract, take a bath every movie she's in it, and this one is no exception. It's an almost terrifying example of just how mean-spirited and self-centered high school kids can be. I'm sure the creative team behind this movie didn't mean to make it "terrifying", but that's really how it comes off as. One of he most shallow, terrible films I've ever seen, but it's really entertaining in that sense, so check it out on Netflix if you like so-bad-it's-good films.
June 27, 2014
you could rearrange every scene in the movie and would still make the same amount of sense. which is absolutely none. boring, confusing, and predictable.