13% Transcendence Apr 18

98% Fargo: Season 1
98% Game of Thrones: Season 4
100% Hannibal: Season 2
96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

Lone Wolf and Cub - Baby Cart in the Land of Demons (Kozure Ôkami: Meifumadô) (Shogun Assassin 4: Five Fistfuls of Gold) Reviews

Michael G

April 12, 2007
Definitely not the best in the series but enough of a departure from the previous installment in the series to make things interesting. It's a slow build up to the final amazing 15 minutes. The fights with the messengers are pretty well done (namely with the one on fire!) but the sidebar with the pickpockets seemed unnecessary. And oddly enough there's no nudity and no one gets raped in this movie.
chase _

January 8, 2009
possibly my favorite of the series. super dark and gritty. nice to see more development with Daigoro.
December 12, 2008
The further adventures of lone wolf and cub. The story seemed contrived, and as out of shape the wolf is, unbeliveable. Lots of action, blood and gore.
Not the best of the series, but a must-see for fans.
insekt69
May 11, 2007
This is my favorite samurai film series. I really can't recommend these enough. If you haven't seen them then you need to rent them all. Right now.
John Serrano
August 5, 2012
In some ways, Baby Cart in the Land of Demons feels slightly different than the rest of the series. It feels slightly awkward and confusing at times but in the end, it is still a Lone Wolf and Cub film and thus it is still a glorious hugely enjoyable chanbara classic.
July 19, 2012
Ogami now has to defeat 5 assassins. Each time he does, they reveal a little more about his true assignment. Neat, eh? My friend and I realized that these movies are really "good" ones, but they are some of the most enjoyable action films in existence. That, and I go bananas for anything samurai related :] Kenji Misumi came back to direct this 5th installment in the series, and it definitely feels like one of his. Maybe he should have just stayed put and been the director for #4, then 4 wouldn't have felt so weird!
August 24, 2007
This one got wild, but still way better than Kill Bill.
TEOTORRIATTE2004
July 20, 2010
THE FIFTH MOVIE FEATURES FIVE GREAT WARRIORS SENT TO KILL OGAMI ITTO WELL HE PASSES THE TEST AND IS HIRED BY LORD KURODA...BUT HE TURNS AGAINST THEM...GREAT TWIST TO THIS MOVIE THE FIGHTING IS SUPERB FOR THE BUDGET AND THE YEAR IT WAS MADE 1973....
Blind Pariah
July 20, 2010
I didn't take it seriously. I had to look it up, and it was Dustingood that reviewed the series and gave them high scores enough to convince me to queue them up. Despite his synopsis, I didn't know much/remember any details about it, and seeing that there were six movies I thought it might be a bit of a joke.

I loved it though. A ronin assassin pushes his baby cart around the countryside, pursuing the thread of a job presented and earned through proof of violent skill, one part zen philosophy and one part splatterfest.

I reflected that the movie took on a tone reminiscent of a Peckinpah western, dark characters and moody shadows providing a foreshadow to the sudden and brutal violence. I also thought of the more recent example of Kill Bill Part 2, Chapter 8 as being drawn directly from this.

The story takes you a few places you wouldn't expect. It also amuses me with its shot angles and original fight choreography.

I read later that it was drawn from Manga, and I can see the correlation.

Dustingood takes a huge jump in esteem. This nearly drew a hallowed 8, and I look forward to the rest of the series. This was the 5th installment, and now I will take care to get them in chronological order. The only drag is that Dustin claims this 5th was the best. I hope to find at least similar quality throughout.