Long John Silver - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Long John Silver Reviews

April 3, 2009
I think this is called 'Long Silver's return to treasure island' and its based on the book by Robert L. Stevensons 'Long John Silver' which is the sequal to world famous fictional 'Treasure Island' despite what the review says its portrays very little of Disneys Pirates of the Caribbean. I think you would have to go back before 1954 for Disneys inspiration. Its a decent jolly film, quite funny at times, and shot in technicolor. Connie Gilchrist is good, but Long John Silver and Jim are a little 'boysih' for my like.
September 21, 2012
One of my all-time favorite pirate movies. It's over the top & cheesy, but Robert Newton (the first person I think of when I hear John Silver) really seemed to enjoy being in this & the tavern lady cracks me up.
December 29, 2011
Its a guilty pleasure for me. Personally, I like this movie. Even with all it's flaws and stupid moments.
½ August 15, 2010
really enjoyable pirate fun.
April 3, 2009
September 28, 2008
not as good as the restaurant!