63% The Maze Runner Sep 19

87% The Strain: Season 1
79% You're the Worst: Season 1

The Longest Yard Reviews

July 1, 2006
Is that the one with Adam Sandler? Anything with him in is good.
September 11, 2014
"Who gives a shit?!"

It's the same Sandler formula but dammit, it's good! Easily one of Sandler's best.
allsphi
September 13, 2006
Not the best film ever, but when the jokes come, they'll leave you dead from laughter.
March 13, 2008
not seen it but looks to deserve a 1.
TheMovieGuy
July 26, 2014
Eh mostly forgettable.
March 28, 2009
Adam Sandler ruins every movie he touches, the original was great, the British remake (Mean Machine) was actually a good idea, this just copies everything out of the original and turned it into a piece of shit.
Instead of Burt Reynolds, who in the original 70's film, looks like someone that would play football (Burt even did play football at college in real life), and for the shits and giggles, they decided to get Adam Sandler to play that same part, who looks nothing like that sort of character at all.
The only good thing about this film is that Burt Reynolds actually appears in this one as the coach.
August 7, 2014
It's like a modern bad mix of Cool Hand Luke and Cookoo's Nest.
July 27, 2014
what's with all the bad reviews on adam sandler movies
June 4, 2006
Look another remake... *sigh* Jenn said it's funny, so when it's on HBO or Showtime I will watch it.
July 18, 2014
this was a good movie.
June 13, 2007
Forgettable and stupid Sandler picture. (yes another one)
June 2, 2014
Doesn't deserve to set foot on the same field as the original. Another Hollywood cash grab.
May 28, 2014
My love for football may have been surpassed by the eclectic cast in this movie. Or was it the other way around? ;)
June 26, 2012
I waited TOO long to see this movie and I'm glad I finally got a chance to see it and boy was I not disappointed. It's funny, like a comedy should be but it's surprisingly inspirational for some reason and even more surprisingly it was heartwarming and I don't even know how to describe that, it just felt that way, from the way the music accompanied the beautiful cinematography it had everything in it to be a movie like that. It also manages to tug at the heartstrings in one drastically dark scene that almost comes out of nowhere but it fuels the fires for the amazing finale. Adam Sandler was great and this was at a time where he still made good movies that everyone could enjoy. The cast is delightful and diverse, William Fichtner is great like he always is and it's nice to see Burt Reynolds in it too. I like it when the remakes have the original actors in there somewhere, like Cape Feare. I would have liked a better reason for Crewe to be imprisoned, though, and something to help the whole revenge subplot feel more powerful, like if he was imprisoned for something he didn't do, cliched but what can you do? It didn't matter a whole lot as the rest of the movie makes up for it and that beginning few minutes are forgotten anyway when the real story kicks in, if this is the biggest complaint I can think of then I think we are in good hands here. I am surprised I liked this movie as much as I did, not saying I went into it preparing to hate it but I didn't think it'd be as funny or surprisingly emotional as it was. Perhaps I should have seen the original first as I'm sure everything done here is done much better in the original, as is usually the case but I'm glad I didn't because it could cloud my judgement but I'll be getting to that soon, it was great for what it was and I'm glad I didn't wait any longer. Also, gotta love Rob Schneider and his two line cameo!
stargirl160
July 19, 2007
I saw this twice, the second time...not so good
geoffpatzer
June 13, 2006
I'll watch it on some rainy day.
July 26, 2009
It's Nice to see Adam Sandler where he doesn't have a silly voice on . He's also kind of a bad ass in this one. Quite an all star cast in my opinion ! How did I not watch this film earlier then right now ! I could honestly say this is my favorite Sandler . Also makes me want to check out the original .
November 20, 2007
always watch A.S. movies definitely I luved it
December 13, 2006
This is your typical uninspiring sports movie. Except for one surprise the script is straight forward and boring. There are not enough funny moments in the movie for a comedy. The cast have all done better work in other movies.
moviesbewithyou2
March 30, 2014
Sandler's usual schtick is thankfully nonexistent. The Longest Yard is not nearly as good as the original, but it's a decent comedy.