The Longest Yard - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Longest Yard Reviews

January 19, 2016
Couple chuckles but overall just egotistical celebrities wanting to cash in on cheap gimmicks and unfunny jokes and a plot so simple and cliche and stupid that I bet Adam Sandler wrote it.
December 30, 2015
Its the movie is bomb af
August 20, 2015
It is very rare to see a remake better than an original, The Longest Yard remake is in that rare class.
December 13, 2015
Some parts are funny and the other parts are dramatic, most of the movie is mostly boring.
November 28, 2015
I have never seen the original so I have nothing to base this on. I am not a Sandler fan at all. However I found this to be a pretty good film as it exceeded my expectations I liked Sandler in the more "tough" role who also has a heart, and a concious that forms from bonds he starts up with the other prisoners. It's funny to see how bad his movies have gotten over time as this one which I give 3/5 qualifies as one of his best in my opinion. I love the cast in this film. I thought it didn't go too "over the top" like a lot of his other stupid films. This one has good heart, good comedy, and actually some really good football action shots. I recommend this one for a rainy day as it went above what I thought it would.
½ May 7, 2009
Another Adam Sandler Movie.
February 12, 2012
Original movie was way better. Pretty cool that they brought Burt Reynolds back for this one though
½ September 1, 2015
It has a few laughs sprinkled throughout, but in the end, it's just another Adam Sandler movie with comedy that's hit-and-miss.
½ November 12, 2011
I have had seen this movie a bunch of times and I will say I usually have a good time watching it. Its by far from perfect but in my opinion it one of Adam Sandler's funnier and better movies, The Longest Yard definitely has some bad moments of cheesiness but also has a lot of good in it as well. For a Sandler movie this one is more enjoyable as it has a lot more to offer. Unlike most of Sandler's films now a days this one can keep you entertained with its plot and story. It has some funny jokes, cool football scenes, an entertaining cast including Cowboys star Michael Irvin, Chris Rock, and Neyo. Even though a lot of the acting and dialogue isn't going to keep up to par, you can still have a good time watching it with some friends or family.
October 8, 2012
Very funny and surprisingly entertaining, Adam Sandler, probably not at his best, but this movie gives off a lot of laughs and colourful, interesting and lively performances from all the characters. It may not the best, but it is very entertaining to watch.
August 11, 2015
Burt Reynolds would be rolling over in his grave if he had not sold out to be in this crapstinker remake of a classic.
June 4, 2008
I have problems with remakes and sequels.
June 26, 2015
It's an all right Adam Sandler movie.
August 26, 2008
Entertaining Adam Sandler fodder.
December 6, 2008
Decent. I think I was in the right mood to enjoy this, and it was enjoyable. It pushes the PG-13 rating to its absolute limit, though.
January 5, 2008
"The Longest Yard" falls about 100 yards short of being as good as the original, as the drama is uninspiring and the comedy is mediocre, but what else is to be expected from an Adam Sandler film?
July 5, 2007
Here is a so-called populist piece that begins with some pretty loose assumptions that bear some pretty loose scrutiny: 1) Most people believe that prisons are corrupt, but especially foul are the unnecessarily sadistic guards, 2) Most people believe that most convicts are basically cool, though misunderstood just plain folks, 3) Revenge against the sadistic guards is justified. Wooo-weee, but that's a lot of assumptions
Past those curiosities of specious thought this film leans on many generic racist stereotypes and clichés (which are bad when the guards use them but good when the cons use them?) in an effort to elicit har-de-har-har laughter. It fails. Rob a 7-11 and get sent up sometime, so then to enjoy completely the grade school hilarity to which this dreck plays homage.
½ March 26, 2015
"It ain't easy being cheesy!"
½ March 22, 2015
* Extremely predictable film from start to finish
* Enjoyable despite the predictability, mainly due to Sandler's performance.
* Several OK cameos, but nothing that really makes the film memorable
February 20, 2015
Great movie, so funny, must see