Movies Like The Lords of Flatbush

96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

The Lords of Flatbush Reviews

Phil H

December 24, 2010
I have never heard of this film before, came across it whilst reading about Sly Stallone on IMDb and with a cast including Henry Winkler, Perry King (Han Solo auditioner for 1977 classic) and Amand Assante I knew I had to watch. In all honesty I didn't see much in the film that was entertaining or exciting, there is allot of dialog and emotion on show as a group of tough young guys in a Brooklyn gang live their lives over the course of afew weeks (I think).

Nothing much really happens accept for much smooching with girls in their parents houses and a marriage at the finale, if you think of the film classic 'Diner' then your on the right track but 'Diner' is much more interesting than this, only watch if your curious to see a very young Stallone and pre-Fonz Winkler (yes this role did lead to the Fonz obviously) which is an intriguing lure.
deano
deano

February 18, 2007
Not bad tale of 1950s Brooklyn 'gang' of four cool, young rebels.
nuheart
nuheart

December 26, 2006
Hey guys, your misogyny is showing.
burgerstar
burgerstar

June 10, 2011
It's cool to see a young Sly. Soundtrack terrible. See any Barry Levinson film (although that's Baltimore) or just watch Grease instead.
January 7, 2008
I expected a whole lot less from this movie. I remember my brother, who I've now confirmed blatantly lied to me about watching it, told me about something that never occurred, and made me believe this was going to be action packed, when it in fact is a coming of age movie with a very slow development.

Butch (Henry Winkler) is not developed, which sucks and there's no payoff, but the ending makes the viewer understand what the filmmaker wanted to do.

It's OK and it can be enjoyed. The music's good and scratchy. The sound, by the way, reminded me, a lot, of a John Waters flick... so much that I said :I wonder when Divine'll show up".
November 14, 2008
sylvester stallone who before starring "rocky" and henry winkler who known him as fonz(that reminded me in this film)in tv show "happy days" in a same years. 4 cool rebel with an leather jacket(sylvester stallone, henry winkler, perry king, and paul mace). this film set in 1950's in new york.
Lester7L
November 27, 2007
GREAT EXCITING FILM. I BELIEVE HENRY ( THE FONZ FROM HAPPY DAYS) WINKLER IS IN IT. EXCITEMENT. TO ME I FEEL HE IS THE FONZ IN THIS. IT IS A GREAT FILM.
demu
May 17, 2007
movie kinda sucks but the movie trailer for it was really funny or at least as a kid i thought it was and i still remember the song.....
bluejays86rock
March 20, 2007
good movie, sly stallone is young in this movie, the movie is bout a gang of boys, it's pretty good too, henry winkler is in it too
nanoqna
January 5, 2007
this movie is ok sometimes and bad sometimes. i could watch it but if i had anything else to do i'd do that instead.
Billy T
March 29, 2014
The movie fails to bring to the table what American Graffiti and The Wonderers do. Fans of 50's nostalgia will no doubt eat it up. Worth a watch though, just to see Stallone and The Fonz on the same screen.
The Twiz
March 27, 2014
Apparently this is a classic, but I guess you had to be there. The cast is likable and it's supposed to show a glimpse of an era passed, although nothing very substantial happens and you really want more from it. The dialogue is pretty good, but much of it is a dead-end and seemingly lost introspect. It's not as raw as it should be and it's not as warm as you want it to be. It just kinda falls in the middle somewhere. It's very low budget, so you can excuse the quality. I just really wish there was more Henry Winkler in this.

A better alternative can be found anywhere between American Graffiti and Diner.

Twizard Rating: 64
KevinRobbins
November 9, 2012
It's not the size. It's whether or not you've got balls.

A gang of high school kids in Brooklyn call themselves The Lords. Some are about motorcycles, some are about pool sharking, some are just about knocking heads but all of them are about scoring with girls. As their final year of school progresses the guys and their interests start creating cracks in the gang.

"How would you like it if I tell those guys over there you cry when you cum?"

Martin Davidson, director of Almost Summer, Eddie and the Cruisers, Hard Promises, and Heart of Dixie, delivers The Lords of Flatbush in his directorial debut. The storyline for this picture is just okay and not as good as similar pictures in this genre. The character development is okay but not fantastic and the acting is just about average. The cast includes Sylvester Stallone, Henry Winkler, Perry King, Susan Blakely, and Paul Mace.

"Why don't you go outside and do me a favor? Run your teeth on the curve!"

I found this movie while flicking through the channels and was shocked I had never heard of this Stallone picture. I had to DVR it due to being a fan of Stallone and movies of this genre (see Warriors). I did enjoy watching this movie but wouldn't say it was anything special overall. This is worth a viewing but I wouldn't add it to your DVD collection.

"Chico...you made a mess."

Grade: C+
September 30, 2012
Very good movie! Reccomend it
July 17, 2012
defiantly low budget in its features, but aimed a lot higher in its story... main story was okay, but you wanted to get to know Sly's and winkler's characters so much more as they stood out in the scenes they were in.
Luc L.
October 25, 2010
An enjoyable film about thugs in the 1957.
Kyle V.
August 16, 2009
I love greasers. I also love Sylvester Stallone. Put the two together and this already gets a high rating for me. Not to mention the plot isn't really a brainbuster, so any of you boneheads can watch this and like it.

Basically it's about growing up and going your seperate ways from your buddies. It's also about making out with girls and how big of a pain women can be. It's about not wanting to grow up but sometimes having to. Overall it was fun, with a silly soundtrack and here and there some really great performances. Sylvester and Perry King make this movie while Henry Winkler sits in the back and acts cool.

Overall, highly enjoyable with a little bit of a heart to it too.
Mark Gardner
April 15, 2005
:fresh: :fresh: :fresh: :fresh: :fresh: [font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]This is a great movie with a broad range of emotions, when gang members suddenly realize that they are at the end of an era, in there lives. When all that mattered was the gang they were in. They don't want to let go but know that they have to. This is really good early Stallone before "Rocky"[/size][/font]