Lost Boys: The Tribe Reviews

½ March 11, 2015
I wasn't a big fan of this letdown film. It was nearly identical to the superior first Lost Boys only played out like a TV movie. I mean it had some parts, but they were mostly already done.
February 23, 2015
Not going to blow anyone away with plot or effects, but it is a fun addition to the vampire genre with glimmers of potential that never fully materialize.
Robbanflix
July 25, 2008
Its always nice to see comebacks of old great movies and Lost Boys has been a fav movie since it came out. As always with sequels they can't match the old ones like this one for example. But its not a bad movie at all and well worth seeing actually and have many similar things common with the first flick. Luckly we have atleast Corey Feldman back which make the movie better overall. Corey Haim is back aswell but only for like 10 sec in the movie... Anyway take a closer look of this average comeback of the 80s if you liked the first movie.
October 9, 2013
For a straight-to-video sequel 21 years after a classic vampire movie, Lost Boys: The Tribe is quite good. It isn't really much different from the original, but the characters are fairly likable, and I found that it was kinda hard to tell how much of the effects were practical vs CGI, which can only mean that they look pretty good. I'm not surprised that this movie would get mostly negative reviews, but the fact that it's 0% and 25% I don't really understand. I could only imagine that people expected this to be more than a straight-to-video sequel.
May 5, 2011
A pretty pointless sequel that really just feels like an excuse to get Feldman back in front of a camera.
January 4, 2011
20 Years After The Original Cult Hit, Director P.J. Pesce Presents This Straight-To-DVD Sequel. Corey Feldman Returns As Vampire Slayer Edgar Frog, As He Attempts To Take Down A Gang Of Vampire Surfers (Led By Angus Sutherland, Younger Brother Of Kiefer Sutherland) & Save Half Vampire, Nicole (Autumn Reeser) With The Help Of Her Brother, Chris (Tad Hilgenbrink). This Film Borrows Heavily From It's Predecessor But Doesn't Have A Twist, It's A Straight Forward Vampire Tale Of Murder & Passion. Not Great & Fans Won't Get Anything Out Of This Sequel. Look Out For A Cameo By Corey Haim In A Short Scene Which Plays During The End Credits. Sadly Scenes Featuring Jamison Newlander Reprising His Role As Alan Frog Were Cut.
March 3, 2014
There's a reason this movie went straight to video. No Kiefer Sutherland anywhere to be found. There is an Angus Sutherland, though.
October 23, 2013
As a sequel to the superior "Lost Boys", it's a misfire. If you take it for what it actually is - a goofy, bumbling, cheesy cash grab - you might find yourself having an entertaining chuckle at the expense of everyone involved here.
October 12, 2013
As a direct to dvd movie it's better than expected. Not as good as the original, but pretty fun on it's own.
September 22, 2013
If people judge movies on the acting alone, than this thing never should have seen the light of day.....unless it has something in common with its antagonists, in which case, bring on the sun. This isn't so much a sequel to one of the coolest vampire movies ever (although it is) as it is an underfunded and poorly acted fan film that isn't. There's plenty of callouts to the original, such as the redubbed and covered main theme of "Cry, Little Sister" (sounds horrible now) and some hints that Chris and Nicole may be the children of Michael and Star from film 1, but they're all overshadowed by the main event travesty. Even Corey Feldman's appearance as Edgar Frog, acting EXACTLY the same, feels slightly neutered from how he was before, making him a teenager in an adult's body instead of an adult who's been doing this since he was a young teenager. It almost feels as though this was a third film and that the real second film -- one showing the loss of Michael and Star and what happened to Sam -- is out there somewhere, never to see the light of day. Really, it's just an expansion on a franchise that didn't need expanding in an effort to either (A) make some more money, or (B) make Corey Feldman relevant. It didn't do either, though, and instead all we have is a bubbling pile of blood and ash that's gonna be a bitch to clean up.
½ August 7, 2013
just fine. enough of a call back with a much faster pick up rate. not
June 19, 2013
Lackluster of a sequel, but it is nice to see one character from the original back. The effects aren't as good, the story is more or less the same, and the vampires are boring compared to those of the 80's. Doesn't hold as much fun, and the characters aren't too interesting. There are some good gory moments, but no unique kills. Have no idea what's up with that horrible song(?) during the credits. Still a bit better than I would have expected for a direct-to-video sequel.
½ May 22, 2013
March 25, 2013
The only reason it got a full star was because Corey Feldman made an appearance.
February 27, 2013
This could've and should've been so so much better. It wasn't nearly as good as the Lost Boys. And Corey Haim only showed up after the end credits!
February 24, 2013
I remember hearing about this at a Con. Apparently though, not that good?
½ February 16, 2013
Why was this movie even made?
They could hv done a much better job with a much better script!

If another is made, I hope they put some genuine effort into making it more "culty" and less "MTV".
July 17, 2008
This looks bad in all the best ways. I know when I see it it won't be that good...but I'll still probably enjoy it. I seriously have the biggest, most retarded grin on my face when Corey Feldman says in his deep, gravelly Edgar Frog voice, "Let's go kill some vampires."

Honestly tho, if Feldman wasn't in this, I wouldn't care about this movie AT ALL.
January 9, 2013
just as good as the first one.
January 4, 2013
wow Angus Sutherland is so handsome but then again he is a Sutherland. just look at his father Donald Sutherland, and brothers Kiefer, and Rossif. so what more can you expect. wow Donald Sutherland and the two mothers can sure make themselves some handsome sons. even Kiefers daughter Sarah Sutherland is also a beautiful woman.