Top Movie Vacation Spots

Begin the Top Movie Vacation Spots guide!

Watch a movie and for just a little while it'll transport you from life. But have you ever let the movies transport you in life? Every country and continent and virtually every way of life has been captured on film at some point -- so if you've caught the travelling bug from the silver screen, don't worry, you're not alone.

Today, let Rotten Tomatoes serve as your global travel guide. We present to you 10 cities whose architecture, landscape, and beauty have given life to some of the most famous movies in history. Navigate the places ahead and fire up your wanderlust!

Comments

Heather Cuthill

Heather Cuthill

So why isn't New Zealand on this list? It's only been the backdrop of some of the biggest movies of all time, and yes, I mean "Lord of the Rings" and "The Hobbit". Not to mention "Chronicles of Narnia", "The Last Samurai", "King Kong" and "Whale Rider". I don't mention "Avatar" or "Tin Tin" because they were shot in green screen.

May 1 - 09:31 AM

CFM

'schak Attack

No Shit on that. The RT Staff has failed us all.

May 1 - 09:34 AM

Kyle f73

Kyle forrest

Agreed.

May 2 - 09:28 AM

Derek Williams

Derek Williams

Ummm, if you were reading correctly, its not where a movie is filmed, but what city is portrayed there. LOTR and The Hobbit was in Middle Earth. CON was in Narnia. TLS was in Japan. King Kong was on Skull Island, and the USA. As for Whale Rider, I dont care. But you totally missed the point lol.

May 1 - 12:04 PM

CFM

'schak Attack

Wait a minute. You're saying Middle Earth is not a real place?

May 2 - 09:28 AM

CFM

'schak Attack

No Shit on that. The RT Staff has failed us all.

May 1 - 09:34 AM

Kyle f73

Kyle forrest

Agreed.

May 2 - 09:28 AM

Cedric Tan

Cedric Tan

No Fargo?

May 1 - 11:49 AM

Jonathan Hartness

Jonathan Hartness

I'd personally like to spend a week IN BRUGE. I'd try to strike a balance between culture and fun, but I have a feeling that the balance shall tip in the favor of culture, like a big fat fucking retarded fucking black girl on a see-saw opposite... a dwarf.

May 1 - 11:53 AM

Brad H.

Brad Hadfield

I spent a day in Bruges, and that was perfect - and enough. It's beautiful, but as Farrell's character laments in the movie, there ain't shit to do.

May 1 - 05:54 PM

Ken

Kenneth W.

You've just got off the train; can you reserve judgment on Bruges til' you've seen the fuckin' place?

May 1 - 07:01 PM

Derek Williams

Derek Williams

May 1 - 12:04 PM

CFM

'schak Attack

Wait a minute. You're saying Middle Earth is not a real place?

May 2 - 09:28 AM

Prof. St. Justice

Professor Street Justice

When I reflect on great architecture my thoughts are immediately enveloped by visions of the kitschy, themed resorts of Las Vegas. Monuments to thoughtless hedonism and excess bathed twenty four hours a day in the necrotic glow of neon. There's something beautifully soulful about a place where pensioners go to lose everything.

May 1 - 12:07 PM

CFM

'schak Attack

What about that place that Michael Jai White's character went to, you know, after he died in Spawn?

May 1 - 12:11 PM

Stepping Razor

Stepping Razor

The Copa Cabana?

May 3 - 12:11 AM

Thwip

Thwip (Rob B.)

Vancouver, BC Canada (Hollywood North)
- 50/50
- The A-Team
- I, Robot
- The Twilight Saga (all of them)
- etc., etc., etc.

May 1 - 01:10 PM

Jack Hoffman

Jack Hoffman

why is "Midnight in Paris" not an example for Paris

May 1 - 02:04 PM

This comment has been removed.

Dave J

Dave J

I really like the film "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" but why RT chose a gay snapshot pose of 'Russell Brand' to align itself with Hawaii's vacation spot would not entice me to check that place at all is beyond me- any others would've been better! Perhaps that picture is for all the women who like to see a Russell Brand posing!

May 1 - 03:28 PM

Dave J

Dave J

May 1 - 03:28 PM

Dave J

Dave J

I like the film "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" but why RT chose a gay snapshot pose of 'Russell Brand' to align itself with Hawaii's vacation spot would not entice me to check that place out at all! Perhaps that picture is for all the women who like to see a Russell Brand posing!

May 1 - 03:29 PM

Dave J

Dave J

Also, if it's the "architecture, landscape, and beauty have given life to some of the most famous movies in history" why didn't they mention the Grand Canyon/ Monument Valley where plenty of Randolph Scott's and John Wayne's Westerns were filmed as well as many many others including "Once Upon A Time In West"! Films coming out of Africa include "Out Of Africa", "African Queen" and "The Gods must Be Crazy" to name a few!

May 1 - 03:39 PM

Dave J

Dave J

May 1 - 03:39 PM

Julian Valdez

Julian Valdez

WHY NO COOL RUNNINGS?!?!?!

May 1 - 04:42 PM

Brad H.

Brad Hadfield

May 1 - 05:54 PM

Ken

Kenneth W.

May 1 - 07:01 PM

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 250 Comic-Con Costumes!

<em>Let's Be Cops</em>
Let's Be Cops

Video: Riggle, Key, and Wayans Jr.

Box Office