Love, Pain and Vice Versa (Violanchelo) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Love, Pain and Vice Versa (Violanchelo) Reviews

½ November 30, 2010
A unique and interesting suspense thriller. The questions keep building and building as the layers get peeled away. Keeps you guessing until the end (and maybe a little after).
½ November 22, 2010
Also known as Amor Dolor Y Vice Versa. Pretty good actually. You get little pieces of the story at a time and you have to figure out the order that they actually occured. It's a little messed up but I think that's what made it good. You have to be a skeptic in this one or you might start believing everything , and some things are a lie. If you can follow a movie that is not linear and confuses reality with what they are dreaming it's great otherwise you can skip the artsy fartsy flick and pick something different.
½ July 20, 2014
A lazy part thriller part drama. Amor, Dolor y Viceversa gets trapped in a story loop that gets repetitive.
July 31, 2011
Terrible película, los que la hicieron no sabían si querían una comedia romántica, comedia negra o un thriller psicológico..Barbara Mori no sabe actuar ni aunque su vida dependiera de ello....quiero la hora y media perdida de mi vida de regreso :-( !CERO ESTRELLAS!!!!
½ February 22, 2011
Interesante propuesta. Crónica de una muerte anunciada, con unos twists un poquito inverosímiles. La narrativa a destiempo resulta entretenida.
½ January 24, 2011
Beautifully directed, beautiful music and ambience. l loved it. Excellent thriller, unexpected ending.
July 22, 2010
A nice solid thriller from Mexico that I have been waiting to come out for over a year now. Starring the absolutely beautiful Barbara Mori (although in this one she's way less glamorous but still beautiful) in her by far meatiest role I've ever seen her in. Before she's been in a movie about infidelity (La mujer di mi hermano), lighthearted romantic comedies (Inspiracion, Ugly Me aka Pretendiendo), and a epic love story (Kites) amongst others (there another movie's she's in called Cosas Igsignificantes aka Insignificant Things but she has a lesser role. I do own that movie but I haven't seen it yet. I will have to do that soon!) Basically I'm saying that this is a much needed step in the right direction for her to be more than just a pretty face doing love stories or romantic comedies. Let's hope she does more of these kind of roles. Mori plays Consuelo, a woman who has been dreaming of a man she does not know. She decides to do something about it. Meanwhile Richard, (Leonardo Sbaraglia) a doctor, has been dreaming about a woman who seduces him and tries to kill him. The film is broken up into 3 parts: "Love", "Pain", and "Viceversa". Now at first I warn you the film is a little disjointed and all over the place in time shifts and dreams. At first you're trying to keep track of what you just saw and how it goes into what you're seeing at the current moment but then the movie starts jelling from then on. At only 85 minutes there's not a lot of down time in this one. At first I was only going to give this 3 1/2 stars but after a few days of seeing it I'm still taking it all in. So I'm giving it a reserved 4 star rating which I wholly recommend. Shawn I'm giving you a shout out for this one. I think you would appreciate this one as well. The two main stars did a bang up job as far as I'm concerned. I look forward to Mori's next projects. Recommended for foreign thriller lovers.
December 5, 2010
A very good suspense movie, I love every minute of it.
½ November 30, 2010
November 29, 2010
"Dreaming is bad."

Intresting premise with the theme of destiny and love all explored. Unfortunately, I seen it a mile away. You can't fool me anymore when it come to films like this because it's been done for a while now. The story itself ended on a bleak note, and really didn't save any empathy for the main female lead. This isn't a romance but more of a psychological thriler.
½ November 22, 2010
September 11, 2010
Muy buen thriller, con una excelente producción, buenas actuaciones, asombrosa fotografía y, lo más importante, un guión inteligente y bien escrito, con una trama que te envuelve desde el principio a través de una narración no lineal y te presenta con las dualidades de la condición humana. Totalmente recomendable.
½ August 27, 2010
Clever!! slowly the movie shows a whole different story from what you picture after first 5 minutes. She was his worst nightmare, he will become the man of her dreams.
½ December 22, 2009
buena adaptacion del libro!
muy buenas actaciones
March 23, 2009
Really good thriller movie. I love how the tale unravels and flips conventional archetypes on their head. One minute you think the main characters moral compass is right but then you realize its not. Same goes for the supposed antagonist.....everything is grey, not black and white. In the end everything is explained and put together like a puzzle. Beautiful photography and Barbara Mori is beautiful to look at. I mean shes okay, not as drop dead gorgeous as she appeared in "La Mujer de Mi Hermano".
November 21, 2008
If you could, you should see this.