Love Is All You Need - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Love Is All You Need Reviews

April 26, 2016
4.5 stars More complex than I expected. Good acting, beautiful scenery, not a cliché romantic comedy. Well written.
March 28, 2016
A gentle feel good love story which appeals, the only criticism is that it just doesn't feel genuine when Pierce Brosnan constantly understands all the Danish being spoken to him, but only ever replies in English.
Harlequin68
½ June 5, 2015
In "Love Is All You Need," Ida(Trine Dyrholm) is in remission from breast cancer, choosing not to have reconstruction surgery because her husband Leif(Kim Bodnia) would not care. Which is ironic, considering she catches him having sex with Thilde from Accounting(Christiane Schaumburg-Muller). That complicates the wedding of their daughter Astrid(Molly Blixt Egelind) in Italy that is rapidly approaching. All of which might excuse Ida accidentally backing her car into the one belonging to Philip(Pierce Brosnan) who is also the father of Patrick(Sebastian Jessen) who is getting married to Astrid.

"Love Is All You Need" starts spectacularly tone deaf, and spends the rest of its time fruitlessly trying to find one consistent tone in two different countries. That is, as subplots have the movie going in every direction at once while getting nowhere quickly. And then there is Pierce Brosnan whose first, second and third instincts are to Cary Grant his way out of every situation while in this case playing a man who is supposedly dead inside. At least, the Italian scenery is very nice to look at, even while the human characters threaten to ruin the view at every turn.
May 24, 2015
Viehättävä leffa. :) Mukavaa vastapainoa kiireiselle työpäivälle... ^_^
April 21, 2015
Quite enjoyed this one. From the director of the brilliant "In a Netter World", this film has a decent story, excellent acting and beautiful scenery. I especially enjoyed Trine Dyrholm in it. Give it a try!
½ April 3, 2015
Sentimental romantic comedy drama. Filmed in Danish with Pierce Brosnon speaking English. Stars Pierce Brosnan and Danish actress Trine Dryholm make the film worth watching.
March 24, 2015
good French movie made me wanna go to paris france and bring me a French girl
½ June 23, 2013
One of the worst Valentine's Days of my life
ended as one of the best because
Love is All You Need.
½ January 22, 2015
Beautiful, haunting movie made memorable by the performances of Pierce Brosnan and Trine Dyrholm.
May 8, 2013
we've heard the tale of an Englishman in NY here is an Englishman in Denmark.
September 13, 2013
Once again, a mislabeling by Flixster. This most certainly is not a documentary or special interest. I suggest a four star partly out of aging sentimentality but this curious Danish film that happens to have Pierce Brosnan thrown in is terribly charming.
December 10, 2012
Pearce Brosnon and the Italian backdrop play a pivotal role in keeping the film boyant. The on-screen chemistry between Brosnan & Dyrholm is dry. The film rides home on the chaos of family domestics and whirlwind romance.
October 12, 2014
Aah. Such a nice movie. And all in Italy. What can I say.
½ October 5, 2014
Pierce Brosnan plays to type as the cold debonair businessman who falls in love. This story of mature romance was tactfully handled and sumptuously shot.
September 28, 2014
Great rental. Romantic and charming.
September 19, 2014
Interesting story and shows how complicated relationships can get.
September 10, 2014
I really loved this film and it is one of the best romantic films I have seen. I bought the DVD of this film from BHS and I had a lovely time watching it.
March 20, 2013
This film is worth adding to your collection.
July 18, 2014
Meeting at their respective son and daughter's wedding, Phillip and Ida meet in Italy during their children's nuptials. She is just denting the end of her marriage, he has never loved since thew death of his wife.
It is a beautifully engaging romance mired by far too many sub-plots. The two leads are brilliantly matched, but the rest of the film weighs it down as a whole. Less of the sub-plots and more of the burgeoning relationship would have made this an excellent film.
If anything it is good for spot the Nordic Noir actor.
July 18, 2014