Love Serenade - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Love Serenade Reviews

January 22, 2008
One of my absolute all time favourite Australian films. Absolutely perfect and so funny. I love Miranda Otto as Dimity here. So awkward and really relatable and believable. (to me, anyhow. Probably best I don't think too hard about how I can relate to that character!).
All the characters here are just spot on - sleazy Ken Sherry the DJ and Vicki Anne, Dimity's neurotic sister. Really funny movie. Love it.
October 17, 2006
HA HA HA! Funny.
½ December 10, 2006
It's kinda weird in some parts but anytime the two sisters are together its funny as hell. The younger one is Miranda Otto from Lord of the rings. She is really good in this one.
April 19, 2008
This film was BIZARRE. I loved seeing a young Miranda Otto in it..she was a breath of fresh air. The story-line was totally strange and the ending surprised me. It is definitely worth a view if you like strange movies.
June 7, 2007
If you liked Eagle vs. Shark, you'll love Love Serenade. Don't let anyone spoil it for you by telling you about the movie's twist ...
½ September 3, 2014
I don't know what I expected, but this was a fun sort of movie
½ February 27, 2014
This movie is hystericalll.
August 15, 2013
nicely hard to anticipate, for a "romance"
February 22, 2013
I have watched this under-rated comedy at least 120 times, and never tire of it. Each time I see it, there's so much more to appreciate, and I laugh a little louder as every sad, lonely year passes. I see myself in Vicki-Ann and sometimes Dimity, and sometimes the philosophical Albert Lee. Perhaps it's due to the fact that every year brings more awareness regarding the futility of the romantic love myth. This film is brilliant on so many levels. Unfortunately, every woman has encountered a womanizing, cold-fish like Ken Sherry. First-time filmmaker Shirley Barrett perfectly captured his vacuous arrogance right down to his worn-out disco-shoes. So very many of us can connect on a visceral level with her quirky characters, and classic archetypes set in the bleak sepia-toned swamp ironically named, "Sunray" We all understand the need for love, which - when left unmet - sometimes turn to pathological acts of unredeemable desperation.