A Love Song for Bobby Long Reviews

½ July 29, 2015
One of my favorite of Travolta's many performances and an underrated good movie.
½ June 27, 2015
Overlong and underwhelming.
½ October 4, 2014
Good enough for a watch and if you were in the right mood it just might be great.
September 20, 2014
I love this movie. One part pre-Katrina New Orleans. One part Scarlett. One part a ten years younger Gabriel Macht before he forever looked like Harvey. Two parts a white-haired, southern drawling, classic quoting John Travolta and one part soundtrack which feels like a hot, muggy, NOLA night. (Also a song which repeatedly reminds me of an unidentified Steve Forbert song, but for only a few bars.) I love this movie.
July 31, 2014
Scarlett was 18 and fresh when the movie set in New Orleans was shot. John's performance as a failed professor and father is great. He looks so tenderhearted that I guess this is the best part he ever played. Gabriel Macht steadily positions his presence as a storyteller between attention-getting John and Scarlet.
April 24, 2014
I love the movie!! Seen at least 10 times!!
March 28, 2014
And were an epitaph to be my story I'd have a short one ready for my own. I would have written of me on my stone: I had a lover's quarrel with the world. - Robert Frost
February 23, 2014
Entertaining, John is always an excellent believable actor. Wish they would of skipped the bad language and so much smoking...for that I rate it at 3 stars
February 21, 2014
The poor rating from the critics should tell you how good this movie is!! In my opinion this is John Travolta's best performance ever. I fell in love with Gabriel Macht because of this movie, still hate Scarlett Johansson although she did a great job, and the music is AWESOME!!!!
November 15, 2013
A densidade dos personagens ajuda na composição do roteiro, que sofre de algumas falhas graves, A Love Song for Bobby Long tem uma execução digna mas o roteiro se propõe em recontar historias, ou seja o efeito surpresa já foi empregado antes e o que resta e lamentar pelo final pobre.
October 2, 2013
Love, Love, Love this movie. You have to watch it with your heart. It tells a story if you want it to.... :)
September 30, 2013
Beautiful pictures, nice music and good quotes..., the film takes us to New Orleans/
August 7, 2013
Vai tomar no teu cu Pablo Villaça! O filme é muito bom sim! Essa tua amargura é só falta de mulher!
½ June 30, 2013
A Love Song for Bobby Long is a compelling and touching film about family. After her estranged mother dies Pursy Will inherits her house and discovers that it comes with two eccentric men who were her mother's close friends; and through them she re-discovers her mother and cleans up her life. The film has a good cast that includes Scarlett Johansson, John Travolta, and Gabriel Macht; who all deliver excellent performances. Travolta in particular gives a stunning performance that's unlike anything that he's done before. The writing is also quite good, with some very strong dialog. Though a tad melodramatic at times, A Love Song for Bobby Long is an impressive and moving character drama.
June 23, 2013
This movie didn't seem to get great reviews but I actually liked it. I thought Travolta did a really good job in his role and the same holds true for Johannson and Macht. I couldn't help but grow to like the three lead characters and their story as it unfolds.
May 18, 2013
enjoyed this movie i.d never heard of it till i saw it on tv ive watched it at least 6x since then i give it a thumbs up i even enjoyed john singing
½ April 2, 2013
Travolta pulls off the old man look, but this film lacks any real entertainment value.
February 20, 2013
Easily one of the best films I have ever seen. I don't understand how people give this movie a bad review, the story is fantastic, and the actors are amazing. Gabriel Macht is absolutely terrific, as well as John Travolta. And I'm not going to lie, I cried at the end.
½ November 5, 2012
I know it's kinda clichéed movie but couldn't help but love the melancholy and the grey tone of this. Travolta and Johansson are great.
½ October 14, 2012
I enjoyed the slow moving development of characters because life in New Orleans in slow in nature. I actually enjoyed the movie.