Love That Boy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Love That Boy Reviews

½ September 19, 2015
I liked the story but the performances were very amateur and production overall was just a very low budget quality but it's an okay little Canadian indie film.
November 7, 2014
Love everything about this sweet little movie - the charming characters, quirky Phoebe, the story, the resolve... I thought it was well thought out and well acted. Thanks for the treat!
½ January 13, 2012
Not a bad effort from Andrea D. I suspect that she could have made more of it though.
January 4, 2012
It's a movie that makes every attempt to avoid making it good. Sexy scenes are done away with. Collage girls look like they escaped from the 60s. Neighbour girls are bratty and just plain a pain in the ass.
January 22, 2009
I watched about a half an hour of it and I couldn't see anything interesting enough to keep watching.
May 30, 2006
Excellent little flick! Artsy and bright :)
November 27, 2010
Tried watching it, but despite having the budget for steadicam and tracking shots they apparently didn't want to allocate any of it to a quality camera. The main actress is also not very good, so I couldn't get into it. I skipped through to look for the parts with Ellen Page.
November 22, 2009
Love That Boy is the story of overachiever Phoebe, whose sole purpose in life is to complete a list of to-do accomplishments, such as learning all the constellations, foraging for wild mushrooms, and writing and illustrating a children's novel, before her college graduation. Once her roommate points out that Phoebe only cares about herself and has never even had a boyfriend, she adds that to her list. Upon looking for possible prospects, she finds the perfect match... Unfortunately, he is only 14.

I found the first part of the movie a bit dull and Phoebe a somewhat unlikeable character. Once her possible love interest came into the picture, the movie was actually enjoyable and the interaction between the two made the movie interesting.
July 29, 2009
didn't like it one bit.
January 24, 2007
There was something especially endearing about this movie. I think the constant very bright colours added a lot to the surrealism of it, as if it was from a parallel neighborhood. It was also very quirky, which I think takes a few minutes to truly grasp, for me anyway, but as it went along, and as we crack through the main character's OCD manners, the story takes a very likeable tone. It was very fresh, I enjoyed it.
½ July 22, 2006
Fantastic! Some of the scenes were filmed at my university incidently. I think that's what makes it so great honestly. =) Seriously thouh, a wonderful story about an offbeat romance with great character development. I felt like I could relate even though the situation wasn't even remotely close to anything I've been through. I think that's a sign of great filmmaking.
½ June 30, 2006
An offbeat romance that inspires hope.
June 10, 2006
Saw this once on digital tv, cant find it anywhere. It was really good!