62% The Maze Runner Sep 19

79% You're the Worst: Season 1

Love's Kitchen Reviews

Buggy43
June 29, 2014
I wanted to and expected to enjoy this but its basically Britain's equivalent to a Lifetime movie with an absolutely unimaginative story, flat romance, bland characters and filled with every rom-com movie cliché going. I was actually surprised by how, well not bad exactly -because the acting and production is fine but just unoriginal this was. I did enjoy the leads (Dougray Scott & Claire Forlani) but their romance was still pretty uninspiring. Scott plays a successful chef and restaurateur in London who loses his zest for cooking after his wife dies in a car accident. With encouragement from friends (including a cameo from Gordon Ramsey) he buys a country pub and turns it into a gourmet restaurant. Forlani is a food critique and his mousse catches her eye. 6/28/14
May 15, 2013
hysterically horrific. imagine a lion with the head of a dolphin and tiny scorpion legs. such a mental image is indistinguishable from this mess of a movie.
August 20, 2013
Boy meets girl, someone pisses someone else off unintentionally shit hits fan. Predictable as hell but there were some very funny parts thrown in there to make it at least some what fun to watch.
August 11, 2013
I only watched it to find Ramsay, which was not worth my time because he's in it for about 4 seconds.
June 16, 2013
I was suprised this was a film. It was much more a Sunday afternoon treat.

Its has a good cast but that doesnt mean its a good film. Its weak and casting Forlani as an American is a weird move. It feels like a tv series pilot

And Gordon Ramsey - stick to the kitchen
May 12, 2013
a successful English chef n a single dad and and divorced American lady's romance. i don't think this movie is realistic.
Dave J
March 11, 2013
Monday, March 11, 2013

(2011) Love's Kitchen
ROMANTIC DRAMA/ COMEDY

Owner and chef owner Rob Haley (Dougray Scott)loses wife because of talking on the phone while driving leaving him to look after his daughter withdrawing his motivation to keep his old restaurant. With encouragement from his infamous friend and real life TV Chef Gordon Ramsay, Rob then decides to have a fresh start by turning a run-down country pub into a gourmet restaurant. But along the way he also meets tough American food critic Kate Templeton (Claire Forlani) and love blossums. this film is absolutley terrible- similar to what one can find in a made for-tv movie.

1 out of 4 stars
February 23, 2013
The movie is bad... but it is enjoyable. If you are a pompous snob, avoid it. If you like a poorly put together but entertaining movie, then see it. The very end is hilarious.
January 13, 2013
A nicely staged British rom-com, which features a brief cameo from Gordon Ramsay.
January 4, 2013
Got sucked in with the food/restaurant aspect. Acting was not the best and overdone, writing was less than stellar, and the camera work was pretty subpar. Has 'direct to TV' feeling.
January 2, 2013
Where is that Brit wit and sparkling humor that most Brit flicks have? This was is totally flat.
November 3, 2012
This was in the Jumbo Videos "Top 100 Videos of 2011." What a scam that was this video was slow paced, boring and not even funny.
September 29, 2012
The acting was horrific and so was the plot. It was so cheesy and not even the good kind of cheesy.
Brian Vu
September 3, 2012
August 9, 2012
Horrible could not sit through it, I mean really they could have made a better movie 30 years ago...get with the times James Hacking and Screen Media Films..
August 5, 2012
I iked the movie, entertaining, family your in and family you make theme is nice. Loved the english countryside and insights into english relationships, enjoyed the chef and opening a restaurant aspect. Food menu could have played in more and some of the actual cooking of the meals would have been entertaining. The drunk critic was campy and din't work. Also, the cad was a bore.
June 22, 2012
Yes, formulaic romantic comedy, but cute and entertaining none the less.
May 12, 2012
I personally thought it was a really charming and cute British movie. If you appreciate the art of cooking, then you just might like the mix of great food and new love.
April 20, 2012
Amateurish, not a lot of good acting, and predictable. Not worth the time.
April 8, 2012
gave this a shot cuz gordon ramsay is in it.... i wish i didnt.