Lower Learning - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lower Learning Reviews

September 26, 2009
Number 3 off pile of crap. Tried to watch this some time ago and failed. However, as it is only comedy on pile and didn't feel like thinking too much today, this was it.
Well, it hasn't improved since my last failed attempt. This is really pretty weak stuff. I can see that they have tried to do a pitch black satire, but it really hasnt worked at all. A film is in trouble when the best thing in it is the child actors (yes, that coming from me!). They are actually pretty good, while the adults such as Jason Biggs and Eva Longoria fail to convince.
A few small smiles but pretty sure I didn't laugh once here. Only watch it if you really have to!
½ March 27, 2009
The cast is star studded, with 2 big names, Eva Longoria and Jason Biggs playing leading roles in a satirical movie about failing education. This movie aimed to hit the higher targets. Yet, through a series of dead-end, awkward jokes and innuendos, this movie failed to even meet the lower targets. With poor storyline, poor execution, and poor (or rather, non-existent) acting from the cast, this film is destined to be a disaster. The plot lacked sequence and organisation. With figures of around $2m of budget, one would think that the movie can be something better, but unfortunately it was not the case. The only saving grace is Jason Biggs, who have changed his character from being a nutter in his previous movies, to somebody who can give substance and impact to the movie. As for Eva Longoria, I think she acted better in her previous movie Over Her Dead Body and I hope she chooses her character carefully before committing herself. This movie only gains any credibility through the children's credible and compelling performances. Perhaps this movie would have been better with an entirely child based crew working on its production, like a more updated idea of Bugsy Malone. All in all, not the best movie around and not a good movie, as the movie is aptly called. Lower Learning is as titled, lower learning.
½ November 12, 2009
This is a satirical film about our failing education system but it's not as funny or enjoyable as I thought it would be. Cute little kid actors but I was expecting more from Jason Briggs and Eva Longoria. I would give this one a miss.
December 12, 2008
When a school is on the brink of collapse pretty much do the fact that there are low test scores the teachers are drunk and pretty much dont care to teach and the principal is taken bribes from parents a young vice principal decides to take him down and take back the school. Starring Jason Biggs this is a ok to pretty good comedy with some really over the top scenes worth a watch for fans of the newer kinda slapstick comedy out there
September 29, 2013
Another great comedy. I was afraid they stopped making comedies along my sense of humor after so many disappointments this year. But, this, along with Role Models (which would make for a good double-billing) shows that they are still going strong. Another one with a bunch of people I like (Rob Corddry, Ed Helms, Matt Walsh, etc). Its about a failing grade school which is about to be shut down because of low test scores. The principal realizes this and tries to get as much money out of the school, students, parents, etc before he jumps the sinking ship.
June 2, 2009
Eva Longoria is a how to poster child for drugs in this. There are a lot of familiar faces, the story line is kinda stupid but the things that happen are pretty funny. It's pretty much like any other Jason Biggs movie, seeing as he doesn't seem to expand his horizons much.
½ February 18, 2009
horrible movie. Attrocious script. Should have been just a comedy sketch. They really milk this one. Don't bother. The only joke is this movie. A full blown dud. Watch something on tv instead. Wasted talent. They milk jokes like farmers milk cows. Don't they know the same joke repeated over and over again is less funny. I am sorry to anyone who paid to see this movie.
½ January 27, 2009
Just an awful film predicated on the idea that shocking people with inappropriate language or behavior is the height of comedy.

Bad overall, but did make me laugh here or there for some of the vulgar non-sequiturs.

December 21, 2008
Geraldine Ferraro Elementary School is failing fast. Will they be shut down, or can they over come the bully Principal to save the day?
Lower Learning is mildly amusing. There are some good comic one liners, some raunchy explicit things that made me laugh, and loads of low budget cheese.
I really expected more from this cast of Jason Biggs, Rob Corddry, Monica Porter, and Eva Longoria Parker.
Mark Lafferty tried, and he fell short of the target with this one.
March 19, 2013
Lower Learning is funny and a wild ride. From the teachers drinking to
the principal having lobsters delivered to his office, you are in for a
roaring good time. Within Lower Learning there is tons and tons of
tongue and cheek humor, with is not only at times witty but also smart.

With a cast like this I wish they would have let them do what they do
best. Eva Longoria plays a role that many have never seen her in before
and it is sort of refreshing. Jason Biggs is raunchy and full of laughs
but the role seemed a bit stretched and unnatural. I also wish that it
focused on the problem at hand and the whole film seemed a but rushed.

If you are looking for a film that will make you laugh this one is it!
½ October 1, 2012
Rob Corddry had his moments (as usual) but Jason Biggs cannot possibly suck more, can he?
People used to make fun of Steve Guttenburg (why is he in movies?!). Steve Guttenburg is George Clooney compared to Jason Biggs.

Besides Corddry and Sasso this movie is not worth the time. They put more into their scenes by walking in than Biggs could ever do by actually trying to exercise his non-existent talent. Hey, Jason, molest yourself for a change. Leave the business, asshole.

The 30% rating is for anyone else in this movie. Biggs is that horrible as an actor and a person. A poorly made sock puppet substituted in any of his life work couldn't hurt.
½ July 8, 2012
Not great, but some funny moments. Jason Biggs was the highlight..has some heart to it.
April 12, 2012
I am absolutely stunned at how funny this movie is. The humor is very subtle and requires a 3 digit IQ to appreciate ;)
April 7, 2012
I laughed once in the first half hour. This movie sucks. I'm guessing it was written by a 12 year old... no, 10 year old. Maybe one of Romney's kids decided to become a screenplay writer, started doing a bad job, outsourced it to a dumber kid that needed the dough then got daddy to make it happen with a cast I KNOW can do better. Money talks, Citizens United represent.
½ February 25, 2012
really terrible movie
½ October 30, 2011
Toilet humor with kids, is funny right?... no!
February 17, 2011
Sorry, but it's Geraldine Ferraro Elementary.
September 26, 2010
Just another stupid comedy.
September 9, 2010
predictable and cliched from the beginning and doesn't have a original moment throughout. the attempt of comedy is lackluster as it constantly falls back on fart jokes and role reversal comedy with disasterous results. There are roughly 2 times i smiled throughout and the only saving grace is a performance by Jason Biggs which is likeable but the script is so terrible that the only reason you want him to succeed in saving the school is so the film will end.