Made

Made Reviews

blkbomb
blkbomb

March 24, 2012
Ricky Slade: I'm a tall drink of water, I gotta stretch my shit out.

"Welcome to disorganized crime"

Made is the re-teaming of Swingers stars Jon Favreau and Vince Vaughn. It's also the directorial debut from Favreau. Now, if you liked Swingers, and odds are you do, then more than likely you will enjoy Made too. It looks, feels, and sounds a lot like Swingers. What wins you over is the same thing that did the first time around and that would be the chemistry between Favreau and Vaughn. They're great on screen together.

Made follows two friends as they are sent on a job by a small crime boss. They aren't given many details as to what they are going to do on this job. Vaughn again plays the partying womanizer, while Favreau again plays the less obnoxious friend. Along the way, Vaughn's character gets the two into a little trouble, with his loud mouth and his need for attention. I may like the storyline for this one better than Swingers, but I don't like the movie as a whole, more than Swingers.

There's a lot to like from this film. It has extremely funny dialogue and situations. Favreau and Vaughn are funny together, and there is a good role from P Diddy. Overall it's just a really fun movie, which is exactly what you would expect. It may not be one of the best crime comedies out there, but it is better than average.
Coxxie M

August 7, 2009
Probably the funniest movie i've seen at this point of my existence. probably the funniest movie you will see this week if you pull your head from your ass and give it the same fair chance you gave to I Am Number Four. Vince Vaughn looks cool in any suit. he makes the word "fuck" sound like poetry to my ears. Jon Favrauaeuraue needs to stop dicking around with directing action movies and comic book bullshit and write another script. Faizon love has comedic timing because he is a a real actor and not another fat, bald, black man picked from a club in L.A. to be in films. i would be honored if Peter Falk asked me to shave his wrinkled balls for two bucks at a Republican rally because he is a real actor in a sea of imposters. jesus man, even P. Diddy has a few funny moments. and the little girl never laughs at Vince Vaughn and neither does anyone else which means... what? That this movie knows his character is a prick and does not know he is funny which creates tension and then sympathy for the other characters which is why a man falling on something and getting his balls hurt and going, "mother-- ooohoooo!" has not made me laugh in quite a while.
Conner R

November 26, 2009
Made has some of the best dialogue. It is extremely well written and a great effort from John Favreau. It is even more well put together than Swingers, having a more polished feel to it. Vince Vaughn and John Favreau's banter really made this a memorable movie.
Anthony L

September 25, 2009
Not the best, Swingers 2 it aint!
Aaron N

May 31, 2006
Ricky Slade: Here's what I'm gonna ask of you... We're going to be spending the night in New York, so it worked out well for all of us. I want you to take it back to the business class, I want you to round up a couple of honeys... At our hotel room we're gonna have kind of a pool party. A California gangster-style, you know what I mean? Kick ass pool party thing.

The team from Swingers return with a mob comedy. Two guys are working odd jobs for a mobster, including boxing and body guarding, and are eventually sent to from LA to New York to help out on a deal.

Ricky Slade: Did you just let the SCREECH in the fucking club?

The movie is mainly about hilarious rants that Vince Vaughn gets into, between this movie and Swingers Vaughn is at his best. Besides Vaughn, everyone else is also good. Peter "Columbo" Falk is hilarious as the west coast mob boss, while P Diddy is also surprisingly very funny as the east coast mobster, when dealing with Vaughn.

Ricky Slade: We need guns.
Bobby: We don't need guns.
Ricky Slade: I'm telling you man, I'm pretty sure we need guns.
Bobby: I listened to them and they specifically said we don't need guns.
Ricky Slade: That's all the more reason why you do need a gun.
Bobby: You couldn't even get a gun.
Ricky Slade: You wanna bet, you wanna bet me if I could get a gun?
Bobby: You couldn't get a handjob from the bridge and tunnel posse.

Jon Favreau makes good work of writing, directing, and starring along with Vaughn and playing it as the straight man, who like the rest of us, just need Vince to shut up for a second.

The plot is fine, works well enough as basically the breaks between the bantering between Vaughn and Favreau, as is the soundtrack which fits well with the club scene that these guys inhabit for a lot of the movie.

This is a very funny follow up to go along with Swingers.

Ricky Slade: You must be the 'Red Dragon'!
Tim S

November 3, 2007
Vince Vaughn at his annoying best.
Michael G

November 20, 2006
The interplay between Favreau and Vaughn is hilarious. Picture Swingers getting caught by The Sopranos.
KevinTheMovieManiac
KevinTheMovieManiac

October 26, 2008
Very funny, I loved Sam Rockwell's character, that scene where Vince Vaughn throws the drink in his face cracks me up everytime.
Dracula787
Dracula787

January 9, 2008
Made, is the film that reunited Jon Favreau and Vince Vaughn, and is often seen as the spiritual successor of their 1996 cult film Swingers. Favreau again writes the screenplay, but this time he directs as well.
The film centers around a pair of bumbling construction workers who decide to run an errand for their local mob boss to make ends meet. The two are sent on a mission to make a ?drop? in New York.
That?s an extremely simple plot, and one should never take this seriously as a mafia film. There is no real drama or tension in the crime elements in this story, nor does there need to be. This is a fairly pointless movie, and there?s nothing wrong than that, Swingers was also pointless. These films are meant less as a narrative works than as delivery methods for the entertaining banter between Favreau and Vaughn. While this can work, it places a lot of pressure on a single element of the film, and if that element doesn?t completely deliver, the movie is in pretty big trouble.
Luckily, this entertaining banter does eventually deliver, but only after a very boring first act that wastes a full half hour of a ninety minute film on unneeded exposition. However, the film really does pick up as soon as the duo get their mission and head for New York. I enjoyed the second and third acts to some degree, but they are hardly transcendent. Vaughn is at his best here, but Favreau doesn?t adequately support him as an actor. Favreau has the vital role of the straight man here, his reactions to Vaughn?s antics are supposed to be providing the real laughs here, but he doesn?t really deliver. The comic timing of the film?s editing are just not quite on here, had the editing been more on track I suspect there would be twice as many laughs here as there are.
This is not a great film but it did pass the time, I can?t quite recommend it, but it has its moments and there are worse ways to kill an evening.
July 18, 2009
This was obnoxious and I wanted to punch Vaughn's character just like Favreau did throughout the film! It was entertaining and the supporting cast was good. You come to respect Favreau's character Bobby and his drive to want to better his life, especially at the end with the little girl which is by far the best scene in the movie. I didn't love this one and the story is forgettable, but a job well done in Favreau's directing debut.
January 19, 2012
it's a quirky little movie but I think what made this really watchable was Jon Favreau. he's just so fun to watch and i love how he can display his emotions with just a look on his face. Vince Vaughn had some majorly annoying moments, but some of it was entertaining nonetheless.
September 3, 2010
"Dark & funny enough thanks to great performances Vince Vaughn & Jon Favreau but not better than Swingers."
Cknee23
February 13, 2009
Vince Vaughn will forever be typecast as the quick witted quick talking man in movie. But who cares, we'll forgive him for Psycho.
January 29, 2009
the swinger team reunites with this tale of two wanna-be wise guys who are socially crippled in the world of organized crime
skojoe40
June 30, 2008
Vince Vaughn pissed me off sooo much the first time I watched this movie I hated it... now its one of my favorites
May 11, 2008
this is very good with actor jon favreau who director of this film. mob boss(peter falk)senting bobby(jon favreau)and his friend ricky(vince vaughn)from california trip to new york to meet ruiz(sean combs).
July 20, 2006
Extremely underrated. Make no mistake about it, this is a comedy. It succeeds to such a high degree as a comedy that the other genre's don't really matter all that much. Those who complain about the plot lacking substance, or that it doesn't succeed as a drama should also complain about the plot when reviewing other comedies, such as Superbad. Ultimately, this is hilarious, which allowed me to happily turn a blind eye to all of the films other problems.
jmw141
January 9, 2008
Favreau doing what he does best. Giving Vince Vaugh plenty to say and not enough time to say it creating his signature rapid-fire succession speech. Aside from the comedy there were moments where I actually felt worried or sad for the characters which I did not expect. The ending is touching and makes me think Favreau has had deep relationship problems of his own judging from how he writes and directs his movies.
jolac9677
November 7, 2007
Jon Favreau is a movie god. I never thought he'd be able to make a film comparable to "Swingers", one of my favorite films, but he did. Vince Vaughn's performance is irresistibly funny.