Madea's Witness Protection (2012)
Average Rating: 3.7/10
Reviews Counted: 33
Fresh: 7 | Rotten: 26
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: 3.5/10
Critic Reviews: 11
Fresh: 2 | Rotten: 9
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: 3.8/5
User Ratings: 168,586
For years, George Needleman (Levy), the gentle CFO of a Wall Street investment bank, has been living with his head in the clouds. But George is finally forced to wake up when he learns that his firm, Lockwise Industries, has been operating a mob-backed Ponzi scheme - and that he's been set up as the fall guy. Facing criminal charges and death threats from the mob, George and his entire family are put under witness protection in the safest place that Brian (Perry), a federal prosecutor from
Jun 29, 2012 Limited
Lionsgate Films - Official Site
Watch It Now
Brian, Joe, Madea, Uncl...
Percy Romeo Miller
John Paul George
The writer-director-star still hasn't learned to smoothly blend broad comedy and family-values sermonizing.
Tyler Perry's Madea's Witness Protection is typical Perry fluff, but entertaining none-the-less. It's not his strongest Madea film, but it certainly isn't his worst. I'd peg it somewhere in the middle.
The frantic seventh installment in this highly successful comedy franchise is filled with throwaway gags and self-conscious scenes.
Much of the film doesn't even play as Tyler Perry, but as yet another example in the evergreen "Eugene Levy slumming it for a paycheck" subgenre.
The film is slapdash entertainment not meant to be further contemplated after leaving the theatre.
There are laughs in it, according to the enthusiastic audience I saw it with, but they're pretty spaced out and belong to Madea. What happens between them is unremarkable.
As long as the movie focuses on Madea it is funny, and fun for the audience, but when the camera is off her the movie drags.
Perry's writing shows a disturbing amount of cynicism, if not downright meanness, for a family movie.
The film remains buoyed by the same open heart that makes Tyler Perry's best work so endearing.
Audience Reviews for Madea's Witness Protection
- Brian: Hey Madea!
- Madea: Hey Brian, Hey Brian
- Uncle Joe: I don't know why you leave the toilet seat up Mabel!
- Brian: Hey Daddy!
- Uncle Joe: Don't I know you?
- Brian: I'm past 18 now stop pretending you don't know me because of paying child support!
- Uncle Joe: Hey son great to see you. Love you so much!
- Madea: You want something to eat, i'm making sandwich for Joe.
- Uncle Joe: I wouldn't eat that son I wouldn't eat that at all. I believe she's trying to kill me for my insurance money!
- Madea: You ain't got no insurance money!
- Uncle Joe: In that case i'm going to eat this sandwich Mabel made
- Madea: I ain't trying to kill you for the insurance money i'm killing you because I want you dead, completely dead, no life in you just not breathing just maggot food!
- Uncle Joe: Here son try this for me.
- Brian: I'm not tasting that thank you!
- Uncle Joe: Her butt must be hungry because it's chewing that dress alive.
- Madea: Excuse me while I do my Tyra Banks.
- Madea: Oh...um, if Randy or Jermaine or Tito call...Tell them I just can not talk right now. Imma have to call them laTer.
- Uncle Joe: You look like a big...bottle of Pepto Bismol
- Jake: You look like a bag of skittles.
- Madea: Yeah well when i come back up here and you still in bed you gonna tasted the rainbow.
There are no discussion threads for Madea's Witness Protection yet.
Latest News on Madea's Witness Protection
February 1, 2013:Vote For Worst Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel, Part 2
Every year, the Razzies celebrate the worst that Hollywood has to offer. More than 48 thousand...
July 10, 2012:Tyler Perry Celebrates 20th Showbiz Anniversary
Madea is almost old enough to drink.
June 28, 2012:Critics Consensus: Ted Is Funny and Crude, Magic Mike Is Certified Fresh
This week at the movies, we've got an uncouth stuffed toy (Ted, starring Mark Wahlberg and Mila...
- Tyler Perry's Madea's Witness Protection (DE)
- Tyler Perry's Madea's Witness Protection (UK)