Magadheera Reviews

Cinema-Maniac
June 24, 2012
Magadheera is an unknown gem from India. While it certainly it's not anything spectacular, it's definitely worth your time.

Magadheera is about two reincarnated male who settle 400 years old dispute for the love of their life. The story can be funny, but that's what also hurt the movie. Its humor is so over the top that it's hard to take it serious during the more dramatic scenes and the random musical numbers that doesn't help either. How am I supposed take our main character serious when he's defending his love from 100 soldiers when in the same movie he fire a gun shot from his shirt. This movie would have worked better as a comedy, but it does what it does successfully. It set ups this unique rivalry and while it doesn't build it up to it full extent, it's thrilling enough to stay make you want to keep watching. The writing is decent with some great dialogue which is accompanied by the movie failure to decide what it wants to be between goofy comedy or epic drama. Though the story of Magadheera isn't perfect, it's good enough to please almost anyone interested in India movies.

What's superb is the production design making everything looks spectacular, though sometime it can look fake and goofy. The CGI is okay, but it doesn't take away from the movie since it's visually appealing. Even though I know little about India movie business and it actors, I did enjoy the chimsitry between Ram Charan Teja and Kajal Agarwal. They're easily one of the most enjoyable couple ever filmed when the movie isn't serious. The musical numbers though unnecessary in my opinion, look great, have amazing dancing, and most importantly are good to listen too. Clearly a lot work and effort was put into this movie and it shows with a great film.

Magadheera is a great movie from India that provides great entertainment if you could look past it's decent story. Magadheera might not be a masterpiece by anyone standard, but it's certainly a hidden gem that has to be seen.
March 3, 2011
I never expected the Telugu movie industry to churn out such an amazing movie. It blends the typical Indian masala movie standard with some mystical reincarnation stuff. The hero and heroine are lovers in their previous life, 400 years ago, but circumstances of birth (he's a warrior and bodyguard to the princess, the heroine) and a nasty suitor kept them apart. Now in the present day, the hero must fight the reincarnated suitor to rescue his true love.
The songs and story are great.
½ October 29, 2013
The best S. S. Rajamouli movie ever made. MAGADHEERA is one of those movies, which you can enjoy with a big bucket of popcorn.
June 22, 2013
45%
The worst thing about Telegu films is that they are filled with full of people who know nothing about acting and they simply overact because they don't know how to control the acting. Of all the languages in India where films are made, Telegu films are the worst because these films are made for brainless masses who believes and worships their stars(male lead actors) and convince themselves that all the things these actors do are realistic. Ram Charan Teja is one of the biggest over actors I have seen recently. Kajal Agarval is equally bad in here and there is nothing to mention about the supporting cast.

See, a lot of sci-fi films are made in Hollywood every year, of which the Time travel sub-genre is the most popular. In India, this is common with films regarding reincarnations and revenge story. We have seen these much films about the earlier mentioned topic as much as the time travel movies made in Hollywood. So this is relatively nothing new. I am a person with some common sense and I do not belong with the masses, so these stupidity that the lead actors show onscreen never convinces me. They say that Magadheera was one of the most technically advanced film made in India back then, it may be true also. But for a person like me, who had been watching the Hollywood senseless CGI filled popcorn flicks for the past 12-13 years won't be impressed with this film's visuals. But they are some good visuals, which mostly come in the flashback story.

Can you believe that a man can kill hundred people at a single time all alone with a sword!!!!! I can't, but the masses do. Also the CGI visuals showing this act of bravery is extremely unconvincing. The most realistic of Indian films are made in my language, Malayalam, but the film industry here doesn't have high production values, so the dramas are more likable than epic action entertainers. I never really expected anything from Magadheera and the film did keep up to that expectation of mine.
½ February 7, 2013
i reccomend people to watch this movie! it is fantastic and has great action sequences
July 2, 2012
A true EPIC from S.S.Rajamouli...
Cinema-Maniac
June 24, 2012

January 18, 2012
Dragged to such an extent that even the spectacular production design and sincere technical work gets blunted due to it. Very poor editing can ruin a movie and this is a perfect way to show it. Well made movie which could have done much better had it been cut down by around an hour of running time. Disappointment.
January 16, 2012
thew movie was awesome
October 18, 2011
A really good Indian epic. Good story and some great action.
½ September 15, 2011
Ramcharan has excelled in all the departments and perfectly matched expectations. His macho image suited the warrior s character well. His ability to pen the screenplay could be seen in every frame and every scene of the film.Cinematography played a vital role with capturing the historic ambience of castles, romantic sojourns into scintillating locales and also into the risky stunts.Rajamouli, who has delivered a half-a-dozen hits and is touted as one of the most successful directors of the decade in Telugu cinema, excels in story-telling. The vast expanse of the Thar desert in Rajasthan has been beautifully-showcased.
½ September 1, 2011
A Brilliant Telegu Movie......must watch...............4.5/5
July 6, 2011
superb story out of the world screenplay, great direction and never less ram charan as harsha and bhairava..superb...true chiranjeevi..
the scene before the flashback where hero falling from the chopper and the introduction of main characters in the flash back on the fall is i feel the best scenes taken on the telugu film screen...must watch
November 12, 2010
story is just ok. execution is excellent. technical values are brilliant.
entertainment value is good. final grade of the movie is A+
October 7, 2010
Its a wonder in telugu film industry history
October 7, 2010
magadheera is a good movie to watch. the first half picks up the tempo. the second half is brilliant in visuals. a dramatic climax ends the movie well. all set for the biggest
blockbuster of all time in india.