Magic Flute

April 22, 2013
Monday, April 22, 2013

(1999) The Magic Flute
ANIMATION/ FAMILY

Made-for-tv with animation looking like pages out of a coloring book, and to top it off full of unmemorable song tunes, this pass is basically for it's unique "perspective" which there's no golden rule that says that we can't rearrange our favorite fairy tales to come up with an unique one which is a combination of a little of everything including "Cinderella", "Sleeping Beauty", "Snow White" and perhaps "Pied Piper" and many more. Saw this out of a commercial VHS tape which the running time is slightly more than an hour which looked like that it's supposed to have commercials too. A superficial retelling from many fairy tales centering on a handsome prince being asked by the queen to save the kidnapped princess equipping him with a 'magic flute' with some suspected twists and turns along the way making viewers wonder about when some things are going to evolve by itself. I only cringed only once throughout this whole adventure which can say a lot in terms of experience. The voices include Michael York, Linda Grey, Smantha Eggar, Mark Hamill.

2.5 out of 4 stars
October 2, 2011
I used to watch this SO OFTEN as a small kid and loved it! too bad I can't find it anywhere anymore =(
September 6, 2011
I loved this as a child <3 wishI could find it again!
Sherry V
January 24, 2010
I haven't seen this in years but I absolutely loved it. I'm trying to track it down, but I can't find it annywhere!
Sheridan v.