Die Abenteuer von Pico und Columbus (The Magic Voyage) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Die Abenteuer von Pico und Columbus (The Magic Voyage) Reviews

½ October 10, 2010
Odd, mostly because it's been dubbed over in English. The dialogue is strange and awkward as the animation. The main character is unlikable, and the secondary character the cute little book termite is much more interesting. On the whole, the movie is not worth watching.
½ January 31, 2015
The only portion of any worth was the animation in the thunderstorm sequence before they land in the New World, a scene which does not even need to exist. Everything else is awful; the animation is awkward, the voice acting rivals early Popeye, the characters are stock and one-dimensional, the plot is laughable, the editing is hasty, and nothing else is worth complaining about.
½ May 5, 2013
Super loud and obnoxious The story make no sense and doesn't come close to the actual Christopher Columbus story. You could sail all around the world and find better film.
½ February 20, 2013
When I was a kid, I liked it. Why did I? The hell should I know? I didn't remember a single thing about it until I saw it years later! What was I thinking?!
½ October 6, 2011
Looking back at this film, this is probably a very weird piece that I saw in my childhood, and it still is today. The film may be enjoyable with brief moments of comedy, but the one thing that the film lacks is a pause in dialogue. Yes, I did see the Nostalgia Critics review of this movie, but the one thing I like in this film is the complete pieces of absolute randomness that this film provides.
April 12, 2011
After watching the NC's reviews of this, I can see why it was so hated by him.

What a joke this movie was!

They couldn't get the story right of Columbus if their life depended on it.
½ May 29, 2010
i like this movie kinda cheesy, and funny i really like it alot although the whole peoplein this movie is crazy funny and sweet.
½ May 13, 2010
Great at first when viewed as a kid. Except once you get older, you start to see things you didn't pay attention to from before. Like the ok job on the voice dubbing and the fact they completely got rid of the short rat without any explaination to where he went.
½ December 12, 2009
Tried to watch this garbage as a kid. This would have been the worst animated movie I've ever seen, if I hadn't stopped it halfway through. It's dumber than hell, looks awful, and promotes adultery to kids.
November 5, 2008
Ahhhhh, "The Magic Voyage".........there are plenty of questions aroused when viewed, the most prominent being WHY? Why is the animation horrible? Why do the songs make you want to rip out your eardrums, stew them in arsonic, and promptly eat it? But most importantly, Why is this movie?
The Plot: A woodworm and a loopy Christopher Colombus, who, by the way, is voiced by that Dom Deluise guy, a top notch voice actor, attempt to finance a journey to find a new route to Asia over water. As Colombus makes the arrangements, the woodworm, a cheeky little fella with clothes and a carrot for a nose, meets Marylin, a fairy princess who was taken away from her home by a swarm of bugs that wants to eat her light or something. When the woodworm attempts to bust her out, the swarm fag comes and takes her away, West across the Ocean. The next day, Colombus and the worm set sail for Asia, in search of fortunes and the worm's fairy girlfriend. When they arrive at the new world, they find a huge aztec pyramid thing filled with a giant honeycomb for some reason and the lair of the swarm fag, who's violently holding the fairy thing hostage. When all ends, the swarm gets squished, Colombus gets his gold, and the worm gets a fairy, and the whole time you are sitting on the couch asking this time "what?", as in "what the fu**?"
Along with crappy animation, which doesn't make sense, seeing how guys from Roger Rabbit, We're Back, and other top notch childrens' films, were assigned to the task, the songs make you want to just throw up in some tin foil and eat it. Not to mention the horrible voice to animation coordination. Some times the character doesn't even move his mouth, yet words are coming out.
It was a film I remember watching a lot when I was a kid, and I remembered it as one of the best films I'd ever seen. So this, and the fact that, for some strange reason, I remembered the fairy girl being hot, quickly prompted me to pull it off the shelf and pop it in the old vcr. Boy what a mistake. Two things were clear afterwards: I had no sense of what a good film was back then, and there were no hot faries.
December 15, 2015
IT. NEVER. SHUTS. UP.
½ January 31, 2015
September 10, 2014
The magic voyage has a boring animation style, dull characters and absolutely nothing worth seeing.
July 21, 2014
It has problems but I can look over it because it's much better then a troll in central park plus it's a ok film from my childhood.
July 9, 2014
It's a guilty pleasure.
November 14, 2013
There is very little that can be praised in The Magic Voyage. Some of the animation is nice, but then in other parts, it looks like garbage. Couple that with bad dubbing and the constant barrage of noise that permeates from this film, it is nothing that any parent should subject their children to, unless of course, they need to be punished. Badly.
½ May 5, 2013
½ March 1, 2013
What can be said about this movie that hasn't been said already? This movie sucks.
½ February 20, 2013
December 16, 2012
This film might have been made in Germany, but that's no excuse why this film has nothing to do with what really happened in 1492.