Main Aurr Mrs. Khanna (Mrs Khanna and I) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Main Aurr Mrs. Khanna (Mrs Khanna and I) Reviews

iLeo
November 10, 2009
Intriguing movie that centralizes upon a couple facing financial instability, and the problems begin to escalate on their relationship. Thinking that an opportunity in another country will allow things to return to normal, Samir jumps at the chance that he is given. Deciding to allow his wife Raina to return to India for the time being, she outwardly refuses to go. She remains in Australia, and decides to live on her own. Along the way, she befriends Akash, Arsh, and Tia. The three enable her to get back on her feet, and allows her to set things straight with her husband.
An amazing performance by Preity Zinta.
Great cast- Kareena Kapoor, Salman Khan, Sohail Khan, and Preity Zinta. Worthy!
½ June 3, 2010
Nice Movie - the fact that every couple faces hard times in life, but those who stick together, Succeed!
October 19, 2009
This is not a film I can recommend. For the record, I fled during the interval. Ever since his first notable appearance in Maine Pyaar Kiya (his debut, if I recall correctly, was in another film), Salman Khan has always been a Star, inspiring millions of fans- of both sexes- to dizzying heights of frenzy. Yet- and this is a fact even his fans, should they decide to look at things objectively, would find difficult to deny- he doesn't have the faintest clue about acting.

His directors- Sooraj Badjatya and Sanjay Leela Bhansali, to name two- have always known this: in two of his biggest best films (Hum Aapke Hain Kaun, Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam etc.) all his characters are required to do is to look dashing, smile and make at least one big selfless sacrifice; they are, however, rarely expected to act.

In Wanted: Dead or Alive (playing in theaters now), Mr Khan does an Arnold, not an Aamir (a la Ghazni): actions speak louder than words. Not only does he not have many dialogues to deliver but his role doesn't even require him to appear romantic (the wooing, in this case, is also left to the girl so that he can get on with the more important business of disposing the villains in highly imaginative and bloody ways). Likewise in his comedy films, in which he is part of a larger ensemble, loud slapstick (scatological jokes and farts not excluded) compensates for the lack of acting.

Having said that, all of these films have worked- marvelously so- not despite but precisely because of this: people don't go to a Salman Khan film to see acting; they go to worship their Star. And that- more than anything else- is the reason for Mr Khan's iconic success. It's a pity then that his own brother, Sohail Khan, who acts in and directs this film, doesn't seem to realize this. By putting the burden of acting on the Star, he has ended up making a very bad film, which rather than celebrating his brother's stardom only ends up bringing out his deficiencies as an actor. Even Ms Kapoor seems to realize this: she is quite the misfit in this company of complete non-actors, and I couldn't help feeling that the only reason she did this role was as a personal favor to the Khan Brotherhood.

Even Mr Khan's die-hard fans might be slightly disappointed: his efforts at acting make him look tired and it is all to clear that India's Star has, like the rest of us, grown old. Worse, attempts to disguise this fact with a hair-transplant and bigger biceps only tend to make him look hopelessly desperate.

Perhaps Main Aurr Mrs Khanna will make him realize the virtues of aging gracefully à la Amitabh Bachchan & c- and much more importantly, help him come to terms with the fact that it's too late for him to be taking up acting. Mr Khan would do well to remember that once a Star, always a Star- and if he does try to act, then all that film might hope to get is One Star (on a 5-star rating scale)!
February 22, 2012
Say Alvida to this movie
December 24, 2009
No real story, but still relatively entertaining throughout. I actually have no clue why this movie was intriguing, but it was. Subtle humor, average acting, decent songs, overall a very watchable average movie.
iLeo
November 10, 2009
An amazing performance by Preity Zinta.
Great cast- Kareena Kapoor, Salman Khan, Sohail Khan, and Preity Zinta. Worthy!
½ June 3, 2010
May 18, 2010
Just too many holes in the story.
½ April 2, 2010
expected more from this movie although I loved preity's performance in "Happening" song,she looked amazing :D and the place where 3 guys r in bed n answering who was akash to raina-that was the best part of movie haha
March 15, 2010
Screen Play - 0/5
Dialogues - 0/5
Acting - 1.5/5
Direction - C'mon we are not here to watch movies which are shot in a (type of diagonal)
Overall AGG= -1
Remark - boo !
February 3, 2010
hero salman, heroin karina. adik salman pun blakon gak.
starting agak mmbosankn skit..
prtengahan banyak lawaknya...
½ December 20, 2009
Wow. Horrible direction. No transition between story at all. cinemetography was awful and couldn't have been worse. Very sloppy. Acting was downright horrendous. Salman khan usually at least delivers a little bit, but his expressions were completely blank. Kareena Kapoor...nothing to say she is awful in every movie. Sohail Khan was surprisingly terrible in this, as he has done so well in his previous endevours such as Salaam-E-Ishq and Heroes. Music was sub par as well, even though it is Sajid-Wajid, who have impressed me before. Scenes were shot in a terrible fashion. Very hard to sit through it. The only good part of it was the special appearence at the end. One of the worst movies ever.
½ December 15, 2009
The story is pretty good. Music is good too. I cannot stand Sohail, but he is okay in this movie. Salman is particularly good in that role as he has a very intense personality and presence. I really liked it. Again, it is a good DVD rental, not a movie theater night kind of film.
½ December 1, 2009
Hmm! okay!
I Totally Hate the Cinematography! Whadda? Seriously their angles give me dizzy! There's a different between taking a photo and shooting a movie!! oblique angle is good for photography but not for movie! I mean seriously, it turned out to be totally w e i r d.

2nd. Sohail Khan need to learn more about writing script and finding a better story. Stop making a flop movie and do rise!

3rd. You would get kinda confusing about the movie in the first few minutes. You would like "whadda?"

4th. No Climax. We are all know "every movie needs to have a climax" where is this one at? the movie just totally flat!

5th. Salman and Sohail Acting wasn't good. As in fact both of them doesn't fit the characters!

So really Sohail Khan, either you be a good student and start to learn again from the beginning or quit your career as a producer! Either way!!!
November 29, 2009
nothing to say, u can guess by the rating
November 1, 2009
Main aur Mrs Khanna is third rated romantic film. I am sure Salman Khan & Kareena Kapoor choose the film just for fat high-salaried cheque. Last romantic film which I saw was RAB NE BANA DI JODI, This film was lame but atleast it had a script. Unfortunately MAMK doesn't even have that. I am totally unaware what is going in the film, very tiring and regressive. Even Performance is ridiculous, SALMAN KHAN & KAREENA KAPOOR looked disinterested throughout, PREITY ZINTA makes an embarrasing cameo as Pakistani Mujra Artist. SOHAIL KHAN & YASH TONK are not in element form. The only saving grace is the songs specially ''Don't say Alvida''. Overall Main aur Mrs Khanna is body devoid of soul...........Watch it at your own risk!
½ November 21, 2009
hhmmm.... lumayan..
tp kurang sedihnya, biasa aja
½ November 9, 2009
Worth a watch. Good songs...
½ November 8, 2009
this movie was a waste of my time. there was no point to the story. it was not intereting at all. it was a waste of the actors' talents and waste of time and money to make such a boring movie.
November 8, 2009
Was expecting to be better but still not bad for a watch. salman khan was ok, kaeena kapoor was irritating but sohail khan was the best. his comic timing was really amazing.