Major Payne - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Major Payne Reviews

September 21, 2013
Yeah, a four may be too high a rating for anyone else for this cult classic comedy, but what can I say? Major Payne has always been a personal favorite of mine. I've loved this film ever since I was little. Damon Wayans steals the show here with a natural performance of a hilariously over-the-top, semi-maniacal drill sergeant. Not to mention the movie is actually pretty quotable too, plus I rather enjoy the characters in it. Karyn Parsons is a total babe here as well!
½ May 20, 2015
While Damon Wayans' character and some of the dialogue is memorable, the movie succumbs to cliches.
½ April 24, 2015
Damon Wayans was so good in everything he did while on In Living Color but It just doesn't translate to the big screen.
April 22, 2015
:D good evening comedy
Robbanflix
December 29, 2006
hehe funny movie ,, one of the movies i laugh most at.
½ March 28, 2007
Um. Yeah. I fell asleep. I think I chuckled...once during the time of not being asleep...

Gosh darnit, his voice is sooo annoying.
February 12, 2010
(First viewing - Late childhood)
July 24, 2014
Don't judge this film on the weak rating it has here. The film is a classic comedy and is far too underated. Give it a go.
If you dont like this type of humor the film has to offer then fine but if you have a good sense of humour avoid it. Stick to watching boring weak predictable comedies like 2 broke girls.
November 14, 2012
Horrible Damon Wayans movie. Don't bother watching this.
½ May 24, 2014
Funny and not meant to be taken seriously. Enjoyable throughout.
April 8, 2014
This is a classic movie from my child hood, and even with its cheese and crackers; I just hear wine in everyone else reviews. This movie should have a much better score then 27. As someone who has seen the movies more times thing the amount of fingers and toes I retain, I assure everyone that this is a hallmark classic movie with unique comedy and extant acting. 5/5.
March 11, 2014
Just watched it on netflix, and even though it is a bad movie I was still entertained, I'll admit I laughed at even the terrible humour and found some of Wayans moments hillarious, bad but enjoyable
½ November 17, 2013
It was funny and entertaining. I enjoyed the movie. However, I first saw it this year, 2013; and feel that it's has dated a bit. I noticed the make-up work on Major Payne. I think that the casting of the children fell short. Some of the characters looked a bit older than children. However, good film to watch with a younger audience.
November 9, 2013
Cheesy and comical. Well-defined characters. Damon Wayans is a hilariously stiff drill sergeant who learns to loosen up.
October 13, 2013
I used to love this film when it came out, so wanted to watch it again to see if nostalgia glasses overlooked its flaws or it was good. Thankfully it is the latter. Damon Wayans is a killing machine, he's only good at one thing: killing. However, he's so good, he's killed everyone to kill. They have nothing left for him so he has to try his luck as a civilian, He ends up in jail, but his general bails him out to give him his new assignment, to manage a group of JROTC kids who happen to be terrible at everything. He brings his toughness to them and tries to turn them from losers to winners. Along the way, Hilary from the Fresh Prince and a kid try to soften him up to change him from his cold blooded killer to a family man. There are plenty of laughs, from the recruits playing pranks on the ultra strict Payne to Payne trying to become human. The story is what you would expect and does exactly what you expect, but Wayans is great and everyone seems to be having a good time that you can't help but love it. Still holds up after all these years.
September 12, 2013
A classic that I love every time from start to finish. Critics hate it, but I truly think this is Damon Wayans at his best. You all know the story, and how it ends and most of the jokes in the film, but you know this is fantastic movie THAT HAS STILL YET TO BE PUT ON BLU RAY WTF STUDIOS? Anyway, if you haven't seen it yet (jackass) see it and if you haven't bought it yet, do so. What are you waiting for? This one certainly deserves to be in your colleciton.
July 25, 2013
For the most part unoriginal and predictable, but that's just the kind of movie this is. A few laugh out loud moments.
½ June 23, 2013
Was Major Payne great? No. But come on, it was funny. It had alot of laughs and Damon Wayans was the perfect guy for this role. A Marine who basically was a certified killer goes to teach kids in a JRTOC program. That pretty much is the story except he starts to build a relationship with Dr. Walburn who is played by Karyn Parsons. The movie is funny, and does not disappoint.
Grade: B-
½ June 20, 2013
"Boy, I am two seconds from being on you like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snowstorm. I'm gonna put my foot so far up your ass, the water on my knee will quench your thirst."
½ June 19, 2013
Being a veteran, it's hard to watch a military-type movie and not pick things apart. Major Payne had me laughing so hard I'm sure I missed quite a few errors. My kids loved it, too, especially since their older brother is now a Marine.