Major Payne Reviews

June 8, 2013
A marine major with a severe culture shock lands a job in a prep school. It is exactly as horrible as you would expect it to be, with the usual waterfall of jokes about bodily functions.
June 6, 2013
I used to like this movie, but that was because I had only seen the TV version. When I saw the real version, I lost all interest.
March 7, 2013
"Major Benson Winifred Payne" (Damon Wayans) is a United States Marine who has been trained to be a killing machine. However, when he fails to gain in rank a second time he is given his discharge orders. He then tries to adjust to civilian life, without success.

His former commanding officer then gets "Payne" a job as commanding officer of a Virginia prep school's Junior ROTC program where he is in charge of some young misfits. He also has to butt heads with a beautiful prep school counselor (Karyn Parsons), whom he instantly falls for.

His mission: to shape these misfits into a team for the Virginia JROTC Military Games. His personal mission: Change his ways to get the counselor, "Emily", to fall for him.

I've seen this story before, and done better with more laughs. There are some good jokes in this movie, but they are few and far between. I didn't laugh a lot, but when I did, the laughs were out loud.

One problem with this movie was chemistry. The kids had strong chemistry together, and with Wayans, and were pretty fun to watch. However, Parsons and Wayans didn't have the best chemistry in the entire movie.

Another problem was character development. We don't get the best development in the majority of the kids. One of the older kids gets more development than the rest, and does a good job when he locks horns with "Payne". Another kid gets lesser development, but his only job is to help "Emily" soften the "Major's" military attitude.

Wayans is probably the best of the entire cast, but he picked the most annoying voice for "Payne". He is also pretty comical when he is treating the kids like they are actual soldiers. Because of his performance, "Payne" is the most memorable character in the entire movie.

One thing parents should be aware of is that there is some fairly strong language, and mild violence. However, it's not even close to really graphic stuff.

Another bad part is that this movie is pretty predictable, and misses some laughs. Because the story has been done before with different situations, you already know how it's going to end.

Despite the flaws, it's still a fairly fun movie, mostly because of Wayans. I would say it might be a pretty good second choice if your first choice to rent is not available.
March 2, 2013
I haven't seen this in a loong time but I remembered almost every scene, lol

It's a badly acted, cheesy but fucking hilarious film with many memorable moments. This was one of my favourite comedy films when I was a kid and I was a big Damon Wayans fan since his 'In Living Color' days but it's too bad just about everything he's done since then has sucked.
½ February 27, 2013
Major Payne is so repetitive and unfunny that it makes Born on the Fourth of July look like Young Frankenstein.
Damon Wayan's unnecesarrily adds a tedious and annoying change to his voice which is the most painful thing in the whole story, especially the excessive amount of times he says the word Turd.
Major Payne began with potential but i found myself incapacited with boredom rather than laughing, so the musical score aside, Major Payne is a massive failure.
January 8, 2013
Oh yeah.. what a pain!! lol SOO GOOD!!
December 22, 2012
Prob the best wayans brothers movie (bc there was only one)
October 21, 2011
Funny, not great but good.
December 7, 2012
yeah payne in the butt!
November 9, 2012
Well, this was quite an interesting movie. Not what I expected but was certainly not disappointing.
November 6, 2012
roflmmfao, "I can't hear you!"
½ October 31, 2012
Kind of funny, but really tame for Damon Wayans.
October 28, 2012
Damon Wayans ofrece una comiquísima interpretación, y aunque de vez en cuando la trama de "Major Payne" cae en lo ridículo, sigue siendo muy divertida.
½ October 19, 2012
This is one of the funniest movies ever! I love it!
½ October 15, 2012
THe film is insane in the membrane, but Waynes is awesome as he unleaches his inner drill nut.
October 3, 2012
Wayans are bound to be crazy..
September 23, 2012
A favorite movie of marines and Navy SEALS i know
September 15, 2012
Damon Wayans is a trip in this one, especially about talking about killing, being stoic, and well, you gotta see that bad dance he does.
½ September 10, 2012
I laughed my gut out at this. It's not a 'good' movie but if you like the humour it's a riot.
August 26, 2012
This movie makes me laugh my ass of surprisingly.