Mama, I Want to Sing! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mama, I Want to Sing! Reviews

September 21, 2008
This movie is a little too preachy for my liking and has a bittersweet story. Overall the performances are good and the songs keep you hooked to the end.
April 26, 2012
Everything about this movie falls completely flat. The plot is totally overdone and unoriginal. The acting is one-dimensional. The production is low quality. And no one in the film is a good enough singer to mask the lack of any other redeeming qualities. Definitely not one of the better music-oriented movies I've seen.
February 23, 2012
Corny, cliche, predictable and bad acting flows through this movie. There are two talents in this movie, the voice of Ciara and Billy Zane but Zane has been doing nothing worth watching since after Demon knight(which he was amazing in!) and his talent is king to waste.
April 9, 2011
This is a great movie. It is one of the movies you can put on and just be blessed. It is a emotional movie that teaches you about your spiritual gifts and family. Mama, I want to sing will not win an Oscar but it wins with me. This movie will re-open your eyes to believing in yourself and your spiritual gifts that GOD has given you. You will walk away a better person. Ephesians 4:1 is a good scripture to enhance this movie. Confirmation movie for me..I give it 5 stars just for the message..
½ June 13, 2014
The only thing I wanted to do was stop the movie and save myself from any more torture
½ December 23, 2013
a conservative Christian family's story
December 15, 2013
I WANT TO SEE IT!!!~?'"'~~"~' 1/2'?'?'?''''''''''''''''''''''''' (C)'''(TM)...(TM)?? (R)?????????"????? 1/4??>????(TM)???'?......""?,'"~''"">''"'? 3/4? 3/4''(TM)?????
½ December 12, 2012
i want to see that movie so bad
September 21, 2008
August 26, 2012
I liked this one... I always love Lynn whitfield... she's amazing!!
June 3, 2012
Hi I am 9 .and my name is ciara you...
April 26, 2012
½ March 17, 2012
This is one of the worse movies I've ever seen. I was embarrassed for the actors.
February 23, 2012
January 20, 2012
gat this hmmmmm!do u wannt to join?
½ June 26, 2011
Movie was okay. Not a bad first time leading role for ciara.
May 11, 2011
it was very sweet...inspirational
May 5, 2011
mama i want to see so bad i havn't even seen it i trying to watch it
April 9, 2011