A Man Apart Reviews

July 23, 2013
Vin Diesel trades in the fast cars for poor dramatic action. A Man Apart is a failed attempt for the famed actor to crossover in the drama genre. It's violent, over-dramatic and loose in story. 1/5
August 7, 2009
if i pull all the vin diesel crap ive seen in the last 10 years out of my memory, this would probably seem like a masterpice. i would actually see this again
June 24, 2006
Vin Diesel gives a stunning and kinetic perfromance. It proves that he's more than a stellar action star. Larenz Tate is teriffic. A poweful and hard hitting urban crime drama. It fuells it's riveting story with explosive action and suspense. A stylish, exciting, thrilling and razor-sharp adreniline-fuelled thriller. It's explovsive and excellent. An emotionally gripping and exhilerating movie. Slickly crafted and well-developed by Director, F. Gary Gray. He knows how to bring out the best in his films with characters and story.
kpn666
½ March 13, 2007
THIS COULD BE SO MUCH BETTER!! the right director, good cast and story - just not put together right - not enuff emotion and script was dull - had so much potential - but waddya gonna do?
deano
½ November 13, 2006
½ November 25, 2007
This was a fantastic movie. Vin Diesel does a good performance as a member of a different gang in this action film. Lots of action, good plot. I highly recommend it.
½ May 31, 2006
A an action-revenge flick thats boring as hell. There is no drive, no believeable reasoning behind our protagonists actions. By the end of it all you just wonder why.
alanjayh
July 4, 2008
Vin in a toned down action, more dramatic le..not a bad watch..holds your interest
iLeo
April 17, 2007
A great movie.
poohtiger
½ November 21, 2006
This movie has Vin as a DEA agent taking on a Mexican drug lord and he isn't playing around. Vin is totally bad ass, taking names and busting heads. This movie has loads of action but also some quiet moments like when Vin is romancing his wife or hanging with his partner and friend Larenz Tate. And it features one hell of a beat down by Vin on some poor bastard. A must see for all action fans.
March 1, 2006
Very sad movie, but pretty good.
½ May 15, 2013
The scene with his wife dying could have been better. Cute drug sniffing chihuahua. Lots of Action. Not bad but room for improvement.
May 13, 2012
Buffed-up action star Vin Diesel plays a reckless DEA agent in A Man Apart, which aspires to merge big-budget action fare with a grittier, The French Connection-style procedural drama. Share This Review
March 6, 2012
Good idea for a movie, but it was a little drawn out and boring, and I think anyone could ahve predicted the end.
½ December 11, 2011
In a way, your typical Vin Diesel movie. But that's probably why you're watching it in the first place. Very predictable initial setup for the storyline, and somewhat for the end as well although it does circle around a couple times to try to keep you guessing. Was interesting to see Timothy Olyphant as a bad guy.
February 24, 2011
had potential to be better it was decent and entertaining even though this was vin diesels best film
December 19, 2010
This movie is one of my favorites. I will always enjoy watching Vin Diesel and Larenz Tate in this movie. Exciting, real and extremely intense. They are both professionals. The chemistry was comparable to the original Miami Vice. As a matter of fact, these two would have been better suited for the re make of Miami Vice. I loved the diversity in it A Man Apart. My favorite actor was Larenz Tate. He should be hired more and definitely given the credit he deserves. He was awesome in Dead Presidents and I do love his romantic roles. I will support Larenz in any movie. I rate it 10+
½ April 29, 2009
Rambling actioner that can't build tension or put together a decent action sequence. No wonder this layed around gathering dust for a couple of years before release.
March 13, 2009
i like it becouse the drug lords kill his wife and he brings them down for his wife and i had tears in my eyes .if my wife or my girlfriend i would do the same thing for her
½ December 9, 2008
Vin Deisel as a pissed off undercover NARC officer who takes vengence and anyone and everyone responsible for his wife's murder. Sounds badass and it is. If you like Vin Diesel's tough-guy persona you'll love this flick.