A Man Apart - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Man Apart Reviews

½ January 10, 2016
I was aware that being an action movie with Vin Diesel "A Man Apart" could be a little bust, but that big, hell no! Terrible and uncoherent from beginning to end.
½ October 20, 2015
La estructura en esta película es todo un menjurge, interesante, pero incoherente en lo que quiere plantear.
½ July 11, 2015
La siento bastante desbalanceada, con un ritmo narrativo flojo, y bastante generica. Al menos, es entretenida de ver.
June 28, 2015
Bone dry action movie with little to no script.
Robbanflix
December 29, 2006
This is one of Vin Diesels better movie and if u like police/action then u will like it.
½ July 3, 2014
Sets up a good gritty tone and atmosphere, but is sadly weighed down by cliches and poorly-written dialogue
May 25, 2014
B-Grade production starting Vin diesel. Lacks the brawl based action he is associated with instead we get a thriller with focus on suspense and drama. The Direction and Cinematography spoils the ride quite a bit.
½ March 29, 2011
Vin Diesel in one of his typical actioneers I enjoy so much. A cop teams up with the former head of a drug cartel to avenge the death of the woman he loved in this action-drama. Sean Vetter (Vin Diesel) and Demetrius Hicks (Larenz Tate) are a pair of DEA agents who think they've made the bust of a lifetime when they capture 'Memo' Lucero (Geno Silva), a multi-millionaire drug lord who controlled most of the narcotics traffic along the border of Mexico and the United States. However, with Lucero behind bars, a new and decidedly more dangerous underworld kingpin rises to take his place, and Diablo (Timothy Olyphant), also known as Hollywood Jack Slayton, soon proves to be even more dangerous than Lucero when he orders his gunmen to assassinate Vetter. While Vetter escapes unharmed, his wife is killed, and Vetter is thrown deep into despair. Now Vetter is obsessed with bringing Diablo to justice, and he's willing to do anything to bring him down. It was a film I meant to watch a few years ago but drifted off of my radar...it was pretty damn good with old Vin at his best. Not an action classic but definately one for people who like the genre
½ April 13, 2014
"This film starts to: invigorate depression, to a dramatic sense, shortly after, the get go, till the ending."

**** 1/2

Sean Vetter (Vin Diesel) along with his cronies from his teenage gang year's realized that: they were not creating the problem, but they were not helping, to resolve the problem; they quit their gang lifestyle & become DEA agents. Together they are the most successful drug task force unit in the country; they do not look like cops, they do not act like cops, they do not even hang out with them for that matter. They have an edge that could only be obtained by coming up on the streets.

After years, of tracking him the unit finely brings down the cocaine kingpin of the west by the Mexico boarder; Memo Lucero (Geno Silva). Making this accomplishment is well received by the DEA & Sean's unit gets to take a well deserved break from field work. Their celebration is short lived; well Memo seats behind bars an ambitious Lieutenant in his organization Hollywood Jack decides to take charge by making a complete hostile takeover, but first he orders the assassination of Sean & his beautiful wife Stacy (Jacqueline Obardors) well they sleep. Sean awakes to find that he & his wife are under attack; both take bullets. Sean survives well Stacy is killed.

Out of the hospital Sean get's back into action; he knows that the order to hit him & his wife had to have come from the top. He has one thing on his mind: bring down the drug cartel & avenge the death of his wife. He & his unit will follow the pipeline from the bottom to find out who at the top had given the order to kill him & his wife. This is where this film starts to: invigorate depression, to a dramatic sense, shortly after, the get go, till the ending.

Timing is everything: to like, this movie, one has to be, in the mood, to watch, a depressing movie like this. It has all the elements of a thriller drama action movie from fight scenes to explosions to a climax thrilling ending. The theme of this movie has been covered a few times in Hollywood so to some it will be nothing new to see.

~

For a depressing thriller action movie I give this film a B (Bright)
½ June 3, 2007
not too bad very sad
½ March 1, 2014

**** 1/2

~

For a depressing thriller action movie I give this film a B (Bright)
May 17, 2006
I heard this movie was BORING.
November 2, 2013
Sean Vetter (Vin Diesel): I tracked you for seven years. You never went to the same place twice. Until you came home.
Memo Lucero (Geno Silva): I told you you had no idea what you were getting yourself into. If you'd stayed out of my business, your wife would still be alive. Mira, cabrón... Your arrogance killed her, not me. Like your arrogance coming here! Do you think you could come into my domain and kill me?
Sean Vetter (Vin Diesel): If I wanted you dead, you would be.

Okay, so this isn't exactly Hamlet. It's kind of entertaining... kind of. Okay, maybe it's a bit more dull than entertaining, the action sequences were lacking and what little action there wasn't very exciting. The most disappointing part was that the acting was pretty shallow as well, even for Vin Diesel, who I normally adore (I mean I love all the Riddick movies). I don't know, it's just not as good as it could have been I guess; even the villain didn't seem like he was bad enough. Overall, this was just an okay movie but I don't think I'd care to watch it again.
July 29, 2009
Predictable film about a gangbanger turned cop. stiff acting all round and not very exciting.
½ August 25, 2013
Should have been so much better. A DEA agent made a big bust on a Mexican Drug Cartel leader. They go after his family and he is out for revenge. I've seen this plot a million times and this should have been at least OK, but there really is no workable villain. Timothy Olyphant was wasted, there's a 'twist' at the end as to who Diablo is, but I really didn't care at that point because I felt there was no threat to Vin Diesel's character at any point in the movie. So the movie just felt so needless to me because I couldn't justify his relentless attack on finding his wife's killer.
July 23, 2013
Vin Diesel trades in the fast cars for poor dramatic action. A Man Apart is a failed attempt for the famed actor to crossover in the drama genre. It's violent, over-dramatic and loose in story. 1/5
½ July 13, 2013
Choked up on numerous cliches, the movie suffers from dreadfully awful scripting and performances occasionally depleted of charisma.
½ June 27, 2012
i know its cliched and nothing wow, but i enjoyed watching it!!
½ May 28, 2013
definatly a step above most movies. Recommendable
½ May 15, 2013
The scene with his wife dying could have been better. Cute drug sniffing chihuahua. Lots of Action. Not bad but room for improvement.