A Man Called Peter Reviews

jjnxn
½ July 10, 2010
Reverent, sometimes corny bio of Peter Marshall is saved by a strong central performance from Richard Todd. The film also has high production values and a good supporting cast including Jean Peters' swan song before marrying Howard Hughes and retiring from acting for over two decades and then emerging to only do a very few appearances on TV.
½ September 7, 2010
This is the most realistic account, in a movie, of a Christian preacher I have ever seen! Very moving sermons by Peter Marshall in this story based on his life as a Scottish born man with the call of God on his life who becomes the pastor of the "Church of the Presidents" in Washington DC. Although a short life, he accomplishes much for the Lord. Marshall is played by Richard Todd who did a very fine job with the role. Enjoyed this tremendously!
October 29, 2006
Peter Marshall is one of my favorite men in history! This wonderfully humourous & loving look at his life will give you an idea why. ^_^
July 5, 2013
One of my favorites. Great feel good, inspirational movie for people of all beliefs. Truly a remarkable man used during a remarkable time in U.S. history.
½ April 10, 2012
Initially I found it to be opressively corny. The romance side story played out like a strange version of "A Walk to Remember" set in the 1950s. Near the end of the film, the writing seemed to get better and I found myself enjoying it somewhat. Despite the occasional scenes with interesting dialogue, I would have to describe the movie as prentious, and entirely indulgent.
September 12, 2011
This biography moves me every time I read it, or see it on screen. I highly recommend it to everyone.
January 23, 2011
i havent watch this movie yet.but i think it would be very inspring movie...i am looking for people who review this movie
½ September 25, 2008
A sweet simple film, beautifully done, wonderfully acted. Great production, moving and well written. The characters have depth and you care about them.