The Man from Earth (2007)
Release Date: Oct 19, 2007 Wide
Average Rating: 4/5
User Ratings: 17,272
In the tradition of such psychologically-charged sci-fi outings as The Next One (1982) and K-PAX (2001) comes the cerebral science fiction opus The Man From Earth (2007). The story concerns Professor John Oldman, a scientist who summons a group of associates to a cabin one freezing night, and strikes them with a fantastic revelation: he is not a traditional human, but a 14,000 year-old immortal, who has survived centuries of evolution from the Cro-Magnon Era to the present. In the hours to
Oct 19, 2007 Wide
Nov 13, 2007
STARZ MEDIA LLC.
Watch It Now
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
Audience Reviews for The Man from Earth
- Harry: I can give you the ten commandments in ten words: Don't. Don't, don't, don't, don't, don't, don't, don't, don't, don't.
- Professor John Oldman: As Laplace said, "I have no need of that Hypothesis." He may be around though.
- Professor John Oldman: Piety is not what the lessons bring to the people. It's the mistakes they bring to the lessons.
- Harry: Edith, I was raised on the Torah, my wife on the Qu'Ran, my eldest son is an Atheist, my youngest is a scientologist, my daughter is studying Hinduism, I imagine there is room there for a holy war in my living room, but we practice live and let live.
- Dan: I'm going home and watch Star Trek for a dose of sanity.
Discuss The Man from Earth on our Movie forum!