Man in the Mirror: The Michael Jackson Story Reviews

Cameron W. Johnson Cameron W. Johnson
½ December 1, 2010
It is a weak, cheesy and very underwhelming creation. Production is cheap, even for a TV film, is extremely rushed and episodic in its segments, rather disturbing at points and holds a very good deal of other problems. Casting is decently good, aswell as the soundtrack and does have its high point, but that is not enough to stop the film from falling apart. A bit of a let-down.
babygreeneyedmonster babygreeneyedmonster December 26, 2009
loved the movie cause it is michael jackson. and i am in luv wit michael jackson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
MHR75killsU MHR75killsU ½ September 4, 2009
This was a truly horrible movie, how are you going to make an MJ movie without any of his music? The casting was horrible, especially the choice of Flex Alexander as MJ. There were inaccuracies throughout the movie not to mention that a lot of things that happened were left out of the movie completely. This movie is a disgrace to Michael. There was nothing in this movie that I didn't already know, they had 90s Janet in the 80s does that make sense to anyone?
mjsgirl4eva mjsgirl4eva August 2, 2008
i love it i just bought it i 100% think you should watch this movie if you think you know michael jackson and you might learn a thing or two
Stefan G November 19, 2012
I can tell that this was made for TV. The production values are quite cheap, and the drama is quite weak. The actors didn't even try to give a convincing performance, to the point that Michael Jackson is the only reason you'd ever watch it. The story tries to retell Jackson's life up until 2004, but I find it quite pretentious, and I also find that it exaggerates the story either for dramatic effect, or for pure sensationalism. I like Michael Jackson (at least before the skin change), but I don't like this movie.
Matt M. Matt M. ½ October 22, 2011
Watch the South Park episode "The Jefferson's" and then watch this movie. In that one 30 minute episode, more truthful information about Michael Jackson was given than this entire poorly dramatized film. The dancing was short (and so not Michael), the events were questionable, and in all, it's just another movie that cashes in on the subject, rather than be truthful about it.
David R July 17, 2011
The movie was a complete disaster. It sucked. Such a disgrace to the late King of Pop.
Matt S May 6, 2011
I hate this movie. For one thing it barley mentions Michael's music. Second the make-ups cheep.
Cameron W. Johnson Cameron W. Johnson
½ December 1, 2010
Faroeislander Faroeislander ½ October 14, 2010
Really bad tv-movie about the life of Michael Jackson.
Joel A. Joel A. ½ September 1, 2010
I wasn't sure what this was when I set the TiVo to record it the other night...

...Turns out is a made for television movie of the life of Michael Jackson leading up to his 2004 trails. The acting is nothing realistic, I later read that a lot of the facts are unrealistic but I still enjoyed watching this film just for a reminder of the odd life Michael Jackson led.

There is no music in this movie - they didn't have the rights to any original Jackson music. The characters didn't look much like who they were playing (Elizabeth Taylor looked about 20 years younger than she really did at the time) but the trip to Neverland was interesting to watch even if done in a low budget poorly filmed movie.
Fred S. Fred S. September 1, 2009
Stupid, embarrassing, and disturbing movie. This movie completely tarnish Michael Jackson's image. It is false in some many ways.
jazza923 jazza923 ½ March 12, 2005
THIS IS A REALLY TOUGH ONE TO RATE. ON ONE HAND IT IS A SURPRISINGLY NEUTRAL MOVIE, ON THE OTHER HAND IS IS VERY LOW BUDGET. ONE THING THAT STOOD OUT AS ODD WAS THE NEAR ABSENSE OF HIS MUSIC. THE ACTORS ARE SO-SO. IT IS POORLY EDITED. IT DOESN'T FLOW WELL. A REAL CURIO
BeatlesMan11 BeatlesMan11 ½ February 19, 2005
A boring, poorly-made movie that won't change anyone's views on Jackson.